Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Granny charger , help me out

• 17-08-2024 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,
    My wife and I currently both have EV's. I'll be driving 90km a day soon and she'll be driving 50km a day so the level 2 huawei charger won't always be sufficient for us. We will also need a granny charge with it.
    Neither of our cars came with a granny charger or level 1 as it's called.
    Anyone here recommend one that can be hung on a pedestal, and is the right spec for the Irish electrical system which i believe is 230volts?? and 13amp for an outside socket?

I'm not sure on the figures above and just want a good safe granny charger that is easy to hang and doesn't have too many settings on it. Plug and play really. My outside socket is the only socket on the breaker so that should be safe.

The granny charger will be left outside in the elements all day every day also.

All help appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement