Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACDC Croke Park Sat Aug 17th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,912 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Looking at pictures the Golden Circle looked small.

5 stars from The Times and the Examiner.

Papers will always give good reviews, promoters give them free tickets so they are obliged to post a favourable review.

Im convinced Aiken writes the reviews for the Examiner ( I know this was MCD).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I picked up a cheap ticket early yesterday and I’m so glad I decided to go. An absolutely wonderful show. I’d agree that they were on flying form. I was seated with a group of old lad diehards and it was a pure joy.

Had my arms crossed for the last few months giving it all the “they are past it” and “not worth the money” but they sure showed me up. Easily comparable to their Point show and Punchestown in terms of quality. People poo poo Croker but I can’t think of a poor gig I’ve been to there.

I was thinking this morning and it’s been echoed here. As to why the Aviva show didn’t seem 5 star and many people drew a line through it in terms of being a great concert.

Was it the crowd or mainly because the Malcolm situation had just happened I really don’t know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Was Rockshore the only beer option? Pathetic if so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭Vudgie

An amazing night of entertainment. I was surprised how loud it was, it was properly booming in the stands. The only issue was Brian's voice was very low in the mix but that could be by design I don't know. All in all it was a great night out but the bars in Croke Park are a joke and the queues are actually a hazard as they take up the whole concourse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

plastic pints of rock shore €7.50

On the pitch 500ml plastic bottles of carlsberg €8.50

That is so grim. There is nothing in those bottles.

The gouging around concerts and sporting events has become disgusting.

It has gotten bad and I think it will only get worse.

We were at a baseball game in San Fran this time last year and the women in front of picked up a few basic things for her family like cokes and hot dogs and the bill came to just under $200. My jaw dropped. She questioned the vendor and his literal reply was "You're at a baseball game in San Francisco. That's the price".

Had a hipflask so thankfully didnt need to pay for any of that piss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

People also not capable of talking at a normal volume

Jacinta with her light up devil horns out on the piss 'Angus Angus Thunderstruck'

No love for 'Rock Or Bust' in the setlist

Even if your vocal cords were made of titanium I can only imagine who tough performing an AC/DC back catalogue must be.

Ironically, it's no surprise Axel Rose' voice is shot to bits. Thundering songs.

Damien Rice singing to Vicar St this ain't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Was sitting in upper Hogan stand, decent view of stage but sound was a bit ropey at times. But other than that, was a fantastic gig. Unreal energy and its safe to say this really turned into the Angus show. What a performer on the guitar.

Had my young fella with me for his first concert and we loved every second of it. Big shout out to The Pretty Reckless also. Taylor Momsen has a great presence on stage.

Just a pity about the few (mostly women) drunk idiots making an arse of themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Brian's vocals are not what they were but he was still brilliant. Singing for years against tunes of that volume at that pitch is an impossible ask. There was no miming / lipsynching at all last night, unlike all those recent performances fron the likes of Taylor Swift (Eras is largely mimed), Dua Lipa at Glasto, Celine Dion at the Olympics and undoubtedly Kylie Minogue tonite at EP.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,962 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thought Brian was much more energised than at Wembleyntil his hearing aid started playing up. Like it was the end of the school year….

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Was an enjoyable gig.

The Pretty Reckless were good, crowd weren't bothered though, Taylor Momsen plenty of running and jumping around the place.

The golden circle looked tiny, was just outside it, I think I was in the golden circle in a similar position in the Aviva.

Wasn't the same without Phil or Cliff, Laug is better suited to the job than Chris Slade, he even resembled early 2000s Rudd, I won't pretend to be an expert on bass but Chaney did a good job.

Even at that loudness level there was idiots SHOUTING AT EACH OTHER, it seems to be the way modern gigs are unfortunately.

I love they went for more deeper cuts rather than playing 5 or 6 off the new album, If You Want Blood, Riff Raff and High Voltage were brilliant.

They probably will announce more gigs but that's probably the last time they play here, was better than the Aviva not as good as Punchestown, the last time I saw them was with Axl Rose in 2016, too surreal to put into words.

If they play Europe again next year might see about going again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I wish it was this time yesterday again. I didn't see this coming! 100% if more gigs are announced in Europe I'll be there. Worth every cent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Was pleasantly surprised by the size of the golden circle, thought it would be much bigger. It was far bigger than that at Rammstein and cost a lot more than €30 extra over the regular standing tickets too. Was well worth the money if you were able to get a ticket there.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭porker36

We were the same, my wife bought two tickets as a birthday present, first time seeing them in concert, think she paid €175 each, moved over as much as we could but couldn't see main stage and just about see corner of screen😪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭griffin100

I was in the Upper Hogan and you couldn’t see the band, but you could see the screens. Absolutely restricted viewing that wasn’t sold as such. Those in the next section to us would’ve been able to see very little. MCD w@nkers.

Sound was very dodgy at times but I expected that being in the gods. Great energy from the crowd around us and everyone having a ball. Loads of singing and dancing pensioners!

It’s my sixth time to see them and this was on a par with the Aviva last time out, but no where near Punchestown or the absolutely amazing show in the Point in 2009. That’s to be expected, they ain’t getting any younger and without Mal it’s not quite the same.

I was a bit disappointed that the stage show is not what it used to be, no Roise inflatable or cannons, but we did get a bell that Brian is no longer able to run and jump onto 😉

Surely that’s the last time we’ll see them in Dublin. I was delighted to be there and my wife let me wear my threadbare 1996 Tour T Shirt that never normally sees the light of day. Delighted my 18 year old son could be there too (he was on the pitch), after having to listen to me playing AC/DC for pretty much his entire life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aladdin Sane

did she look at the seating chart when she bought the tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭waywill1966

absolutely the best gig I was ever at! What legends, could watch Angus all day on the guitar. Was seated up in the Hogan about mid pitch level so had a great view but I agree with previous posters, Brian was practically inaudible at times. The event like all Irish gigs was spoilt by people around me constantly going for beers and then the loo, they must have missed so much of the actual gig. We drove there and back from Sligo as the hotels were so expensive, so we didn’t drink and we saw every second of it, magic stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rocko92

Section 702 Upper Cusack. €140 x4 tickets to look at the large speaker. Scandalous. Didn't realise there were two side screens until we walked back a few sections!

I presume the organisers got it wrong with the stage being more forward than planned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Punches town 09 was one of the worst gigs I have ever been to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Perhaps the dumbest comment on Boards.ie today.

The online seating plan didn't relate whatsoever to the set-up on the day but you just want to stir up some nonsense.

Or else you work for Ticketmaster which would explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

Did Brian talk to the crowd much? I remember there was very little chat at the Lansdowne Road concert, which led to terrible gaps between songs, which disrupted the flow of the concert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Not a lot of audible chat with the audience. But didn't matter. There were no big gaps between the songs. Maybe 20 or 30 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Polar101

I don't get how that isn't "restricted view" if you can't even see the band. Hope the sound was good at least.

Thats no view, its not even restricted view.

Any other country they would wouldn't sell those seats until they have the stage in and they would sell them as obstructed/limited view.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,962 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

1982:

Advertisement