Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Jersey Sightings

1116117118119120122»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I too saw the same boardsie and possibly a second on a drive home. Was between Cruahgh and The Viewing Point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭devonp

yeah, prob myself was wearing the black jersey (and black non Boards shorts)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

not quite the usual mention here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBWBIcSMIs#t=1h31m13s

i was able to preserve the timestamp in the URL but only my killing the thumbnail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,062 ✭✭✭cletus

Is that you, MB?

How did you know it was there, or did you spend an hour and a half watching aeroplanes 🤔

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

tis and all.

easy to find - strava told me when i started and how long i was in to the cycle when i was passing, so it was easy to work out when i passed. helpfully, he has the actual time in the bottom right of the frame.

that was the second time i'd passed, but he was zoomed in on a plane the first time so i was out of frame for that.

So you took a second pass, make sure you were in the frame 😂

Black jersey at Castlewarden/RAB south side of N7..nor sure if the vertical stripes were there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭secman

That would be me, it's the most recent version of the black jersey, with the pink and green bands on the end of the sleeve. Were you on a bike, don't really remember meeting anyone tonight, lost in thought about a colleague who is not well at all.

yes , coral jersey(pinkish) you were entering the RAB from the descent over the N7, I was just exiting to go up over to the golf club…

• Advertisement

Did we greet each other, vaguely remember seeing one rider , I was so zoned out, thought I greeted a fair haired female rider 🤭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,016 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Please put me out of my misery! - "the RAB" ??

I've been trying to think of every combination of words to make that up (appropriate to that locality) to no avail. No doubt it's probably staring me in the face.

Think it's Roundabout Donal ?

Doh! - I was thinking of something much more interesting like Royal Albert Bridge, Rathcoole Agricultural Bureau etc.

I'm disappointed now,

To be honest RAB is a new one on me too, makes perfect sense when you know it now and look at RAB and say it 🤣. Every day a learning day Donal !

yes RAB, it’s an abbreviation used on Audax route sheets … WA you should know that 😄

• Advertisement

he pays no attention to them, and cycles across them as if they were not there.

I don't use the route sheets provided. That probably explains it.

WA on the Mick Byrne today , full kit 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭marcofan

Hi All,

John here from Verge, if ye are looking to do a run of the jerseys again we can do that, tech has progressed a lot since we last did them for ye, now we can create a team store for Boards and leave it open 24/7 so members can order whenever they wish.

If there is an interest for it let me know and I can set up, drop me a message here or send me a mail on j.dempsey@vergesport.com

Thanks

John

Maybe do a few mockup of a design of the kit, I know how much more modern the new designs are as our club reverted back to Verge this year and the new kit is quality. The problem has always been getting a volunteer to come up with a few designs for discussion. You have the designs and software to hand to take on that task ?

I'm interested in a new kit for sure and I know now how easy it is to order at anytime, and not waiting for numbers before an order can be placed.

• Advertisement

I'd be interested also. Thanks.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'd get both shorts and jerseys if this goes ahead.

no problem i will root out the old designs and perhaps do a couple of variations on it

I'd be interested as well

would be interested in a pair of bib shorts , the modern longer version(…discussion on another thread about how short previous version were!!)

if anyone has any design ideas please let me know!

hi all

please see a couple of options here https://dealer.vergesport.com/Design/3Dview?ARTID=VCL10014M&designID=61490 let me know what you think.

john

My own preference would be for version 2 then 3, then 1. Others will have different views presumably.

I also like the 410 reference 👍

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I am the opposite, 1 first, then 3, then 2.

Yeah, for me its a toss up between 2 and 3, with 1 in last place. I also like the placement of the Four Ten

• Advertisement

I prefer option 1 , 2 next and 3 last

Option 1 because it's so different and stands out 👌

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

1 or 3

Might be best if a Mod opens up new thread for " New Boards.ie cycling kit 2024 " and transfer the relevant posts across. Will be more transparent and obvious and hopefully attract more potential customers.

good idea @secman - maybe with a style poll included?

3,1 &2 for me, any long sleeve autumn spring possibilities ?

do all the jerseys come with a belly that slim?

yes all jerseys will make you look strong and fit!!!

yes we can do long sleeve jerseys we can do jackets gillets shorts etc and it does not have to be one design we can offer all designs if ye wish, basically whatever ye want or need it can be accomodated

a cycling corset, now there's an idea…

Lads. excuse my ignorance but how are you getting that link to work? I've copy and pasted it and used the code 61490 but it just says 'invalid'.

Thanks,

• Advertisement

It works fine for me - just to be sure, try this clicky link...

https://dealer.vergesport.com/Design/3Dview?ARTID=VCL10014M&designID=61490

Oh, boards software removed it's click-ability 🙄

Try this instead...

Great stuff, thanks.

Don't really like any of them but no. 2 is best of a bad lot.

(They look like MTB jerseys to me).

I'm sure there are many more alternatives, maybe John could throw up a few more ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I forgot about this thread. I was surprised to see someone in the last 2 weeks head towards Castlebellingham from Dundalk in a Boards jersey. Hadn't seen one nearby before.

Lords road , heading towards Hazelhatch ?

• Advertisement

Yesterday around 1:30? Possibly me but I've no recollection of it.

If it was on the afternoon/evening of Saturday 3rd August, it was probably myself on The Pale Rider 300 Audax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Sounds about right. If only I had known I’d have gotten your autograph 😂

I didn’t actually pass you. I turned off behind you.

Saw a boardsie in the Boards gear (jersey & shorts) with orange text at Galtrim Co. Meath a short while ago.

I was stopped there (on the phone) sporting the latest jersey with the pink, white and green Vee design.

Advertisement