Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slowing down/aging

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I always find a walk home from the pub great to settle the stomach. Nothing worst than downing a pint and 20 mins later, you're lying flat out.

Anyone else find as you get older, you loose your thirst - as in you never feel thirsty, even though you could be well dehydrated.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Silverdream

I take cod liver oil capsules daily, supposed to be good for the joints and good for your skin, but I find they help keep my mind sharp. I would notice the difference if I didn't take them in the morning.

I'd always try and get a jar or two of local honey as its the only thing that can treat a cold or sore throat during the winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,821 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Na I drank less when I was younger. Usually only go out once a week on either Thursday or Saturday night.

A brother had a second rodeo( wedding) earlier this year. There was an uncle of mine there, he about 82. He had the bones of a gallon of Guiness quietly. Following morning at the breakfast he swore "never....never again".

At about 2pm he was quitely having a cure after which he slipped away to bed for a couple if hours before he came down for day two at 8pm

I say it Genetic

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

It’s the sleeping after 2 or 3 pints that kills me. I’d be awake half the night. If I drank 6 I’d sleep but wouldn’t be able to wake up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭jfh

Ditch the Netflix and subscribe to freeletics or betterme app, there's loads out there, all you need is a set of dumbells and a band, even the bodyweight exercises will keep you fit

• Advertisement

I used to travel to Germany a bit with work. I loved the Weiss Beer over there. Not the slightest hangover from it. They say it's because they don't add any chemicals, all natural.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Heading for mid 50s here and haven't really the time to feel old, still young kids here running around in the evening with there activities, 2 of us working full-time try do a bit of farming, was in croke park last weekend, croke park again next weekend, it's mad busy at work, working in civil construction, 50 hour weeks slowing down isn't an option as oldest lad will be starting collage and our lifestyles needs a lot of funding, but saying all that I am lucky I have a great wife and 4 healthy kids that are full of the joys of life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Down 10 pounds now from when this thread started. Stalled a wee bit this week as have a chest infection but happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Dunedin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭amacca

They could be right...I noticed I had no hangover drinking the genuine all natural pressed ciders vs the sugar water artificial ones like Bulmers, kopparberg etc

And I would drink more of it and it had a higher abv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Silverdream

Nothing to do with Old age, but congratulations to Dublin, where I got the worst pint of Guinness in Ireland this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭hopeso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭amacca

One of them was Double L natural cider....think the maker is based out in Lusk..…used to sell in temple bar on a weekend ..had a couple of different varieties (dry, extra dry) made a nice Perry too....I bought a crate off drinkstore at one point...it was their minimum order at the time!

Used to get some of the French natural stuff imported at one point too.…similar story..higher abv no hangover and delicious...well to me anyway

Of the more widely available stuff....some of the Aspalls isn't bad...but tbh I haven't tested it to the same rigorous standards! It mmight give me a hangover...its a definite step above the Bulmers shite but I don't know their fermentation process...it could be just slightly better sugar water shitehawk cider.

I can tell by looking at it, that it is a terrible pint. the froth should be white and creamy. I worked in the Guinness Brewery as a student years ago. If we were working overtime a tray of creamy Guinness pints would arrive into the control room of the fermentation plant. Nicest pint I ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Dunedin

pints before 10am on a Monday morning never tasted great anyways 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Had a pint.of rockshore cider In belmullet at the weekend. I said to the father in law it was heartburn in a pint glass 😅

Advertisement