Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Race Chip

• 13-08-2024 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone has installed a Race Chip GTS 5 in a BMW 330e??

Looking to invest, but looking to get some feedback first if possible??

👍🏻

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭User1998

Some serious gains to be had on a remapped 330e. What kind of power figures does a Race Chip give?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭mcw92

There is a few good 330e owner groups on Facebook. Have a look there for the same question and you'll get answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭9935452

Not a bmw but on an audi.

Im on my 2nd racechip, .

120hp diesel up to 145hp.

9 years on the previous car. 180k miles put on it, no issues with it, no engine issues.

A good bit more economical too.

Without it best car was getting 5.6l per 100km.

With it , ive seen it drop to 4.3l per 100km..

Well worth getting.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Which chip model were you using the last while? I've the RS and still messing around with the settings to.imorove efficiency

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭9935452

The original one was a race chip one. Current one is a racechip gts.

Tbh i havent done made any changes on it. They are meant to be preset up. As long as the car is running correctly,idling smoothly with no smoke im happy enough.

TThe Efficiency comes from driving it handy. As i say driving it before 5.6l per 100km after it can drop to 4.3lper100km.

80/90 k driving gets that handy.

Motorway 120 gets 4.7/4.8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Yeah mine is preset but has 7 fine tuning settings and just trying to figure out the middle setting of good performance and good efficiency

Advertisement