Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2024 Competition (Nationwide)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Numerical was 🤮 The rest I thought I did well, numerical is going to score awful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SNNUS

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭crinkley

I did mine earlier it took about 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CreativeCrafter3

just been approved for me took about 40ish mins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 ramblerandgambler

I did the four tests today and found them pretty handy, I did go right up to the buzzer with the written one as others said. Maths is not my strong suite but I managed to get through all the questions and only had two or three that were quick guesses and another few that were 'closest' to my own answer.

I may have fallen at the first hurdle regardless as I did my room scan before the verbal reasoning but did not 'pause' for 15 seconds in each direction as it states, then hit submit as I did not realise I would not have an other chance to record, I did more of a scan all around me and the desk and the entire clip is probably 25 seconds. Does anyone have insight as to if that is an automatic fail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Whoops, I didn't do the 15 seconds in each direction either…

Crap me either, I done 2 slow spins of a very small room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

you'll be grand i did a balls of it last year for dublin and i didnt have issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 ramblerandgambler

Thanks for the reply. How much of a balls? And you got through to the interview round?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TheJet

Is it possible to start tests tonight and finish the rest of them tomorrow or do I need to do them all together?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Niamh43

Congrats. I didn't finish maths. How many questions do you reckon you have to get right?

forgot to do half of the room scan only really looked around on my screen. yea i got an interview but i didnt take a job from the panel because i'd just started as eo from another :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Newbie12345The

Did the Verbal last night - wish theyd give at least the answers - not sure how i did

they won't give answers because there's some overlap in the questions between people I suppose, I got asked the same written question as someone in my office last time lol.

yeah i suppose it makes sense…probably half of the answers im not sure on! hope it went well

• Registered Users Posts: 17 D-Lo Brown

WHat style maths one should be expected or is it completely random? And how many of the 36 questions are you expected to answer in the time given?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 highlighter123

Did 3 out of the 4 tests there, they were grand. Written one is left but it's freaking me out. What exactly are they looking for here? Anything I should read up on/prep to make it easier to stomach?

It gives a scenario, asks how you would handle it and the previous experience that helped you handle it.

i was meant to press the room scan for the Situational but i pressed and did the numerical, does that reset or will i have to do the numerical now

• Advertisement

just did it - used the calculator app on my laptop…wasnt too bad of a test - had to guess a few near the end due to time

Did the Situational - results is anyone's guess for me!! Revise the last one tommorrow and do it in the evening

Post edited by Newbie12345The on

• Registered Users Posts: 23 FunkyChicken24

Phew!! Literally just finished the Written Test with exactly 500 words and 1 second left on the clock 😂 Talk about sailing close to the wind 😬 Anyway, I think I did fairly well, although the majority of what I wrote was answering the first question, my response to the 2nd questions was fairly broad and more my opinion as opposed to specific experiences but it seemed appropriate so I hope they are OK with it.

For anyone who has yet to do it and is nervous, just know that there isn't anyway that you can study or prepare for this one other than being familiar with the capabilities and understanding how they pertain to the way one should manage others, I didn't have time to go back and re-read them even though they are there so making sure you feel comfortable with the gist of them is your best bet.

I don't find the other tests too hard except that I am Neurodivergent so we struggle with multiple choice answers anyway as we would generally answer "well it depends" to everything 😅 I do find the numerical ones annoying as they are less a test of your maths skills and more a test of your ability to analyse the data and decide what maths to use to determine the answer but there are often too many words and it seems they are trying to trip you up which given the time constraints seems unfair and not like a real world situation.

And anyone yet to do their tests, do it in the morning before you start work, get up earlier if you have to, don't leave it until the evening as your brain is more tired then.

Anyhoo, we shall see, fingers crossed and good luck everyone 🤞🤞🤞😊

Couldn't agree more with the 2nd line, I done a few pre test numerical questions and thought it was fine, first question of the actual test nearly floored me 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Podgesull1

When will the results be out

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭crinkley

My best educated guess is the 6 September, we are exactly a week behind last years comp and they got the results on 30 August

• Registered Users Posts: 14 coop142

Any confirmation on what exactly constitutes a pass in relation to the numerical assessment? I know for the practice tests it said something very low like 8/9 correct answers but wanted to see if that still stands.

If that’s the case I would say a lot of people on here who are stressed about passing might feel a bit at ease if that is how low the pass mark is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭mur223

When were the interviews conducted last year do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2 Tired of waiting

Can they listen in while recording you? Neighbour is getting work done and alot of banging and drilling going on😭

I'm not sure and if they can they'll hear a neighbour wash their car, the Dog barking and me talking to myself 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 PandaDancer

i was talking to myself and counting for the room scan. Mortifying. But I'd dance on camera to get a promotion right now. 😅🤣

Advertisement