Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia-Ukraine War (Threadbanned in op)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Rawr

• Russia is nuclear armed, better be nice to them!
    • We got to have peace now!

Friend, buddy…comrade, we’ve been at this game too far long now. You can relax and drop the charade. I suspect you are here likely to support the Kremlin’s narrative, either by design or influence from them.

They are growing increasingly desperate and this kind of messaging is designed to help bring about “peace” on their terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭amandstu

Sure.Would you say the same if you lived in Latvia?

I will leave the military capabilities of Russia to others to assess but the future is a long time and this war is still ongoing.

The Democracies seem to be in permanent conflict with dictatorships.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

I dunno, the US was attacked on 911, no nukes went flying. The UK in the Falklands, no nukes went flying, Israel by a host of enemies, again, no nukes. I think India and China have had border spats, again no Nukes.

I think we're all tired of the Nuke card being played. Sure would seem like a sign of weakness to be using nukes in a SMO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭amandstu

Creating multiple accounts is a permaban offence in my books.You are putting two fingers up to everyone who doesn't engage on that practice.

Personally I will certainly ignore your postings from now on for that reason alone .

You could just ignore them, without posting that you are going to ignore them.

We had wondered what the Russian reaction might look like with the invasion, and in the end it seems to mirror what I sense I lot of us predicted should the Kremlin start to panic about their chances. Essentially "Peace Now!" screamed to the rafters from the simulated perspective of a bystanding peace-lover.

They appear to be upping their game, and I suspect they are going to try their best to push this message the more paniced they become.

Right now the Kremlin face an increasing chance of Donnie not coming to their rescue in the US. Their own territory is being slowly taken with stories of their troops being taken alive as POWs and treated…well, nicer than their own people.

Sure the Russian advance in Donbas slowly continues, but they are losing stupid amounts of everything to win the bombed out shells of little hamlets, while Ukraine take Russia towns intact.

If Harris gets the White House in November; I'd wonder if they'd "goodwill" their way back over the borders and put an end to this nonsense. I feel they have very little choice beyond eating away at what little tresure they have left and then falling over exhausted of anything that even resembles military power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭thatsdaft

For all the talk about what Putin would do if he loses

Spare a thought to what Ukrainians do if they lose and Ukraine is conquered

Russians using Ukrainian technology and resources coupled with men who think (Russian propaganda is already tirelessly working this angle) they got betrayed and stabbed in back by Europe turning all their anger westward

• Registered Users Posts: 12,643 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭josip

The Seym River, a lovely spot for a bit of camping and fishing 5 years ago.

Blowing the bridges is interesting. Makes it more difficult for Russia to resupply across. It won't trap any men though. It also means that if Ukraine intend going further north at some stage, they will be the ones with the problem of crossing the river. So maybe that is as far as Ukraine intend/hope to go this summer?

That…or they've gotten some fancy AVLBs from the US.

Bridge it when they want to…

(Edit: According to Wikipedia, Ukraine may actually have 8 of these.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Think of all the lovely Russian hardware that they have trapped for capture 🥰

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,719 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

So do I have this right.

Ukraine and the West are fracturing. Even hating each other.

Ukraine needs to sue for peace.

NUUUUKKKKKES.

It certainly seems to be the current official position of the Russian online apologists.

You got it, tho interestingly enough since this started Medvedev has not made a single tweet (he usually threatens to nuke world daily once he opens a bottle of French wine) and his massive villa Navalny exposed is somewhere …. In Kursk

Also notice the increased uptick in the word “off ramp”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭scottser

Lots of chatter too about Russia making significant advances in Donetsk. Rather than drawing Russian troops away from their offensive positions, the Kursk incursion seems to be negatively affecting Ukraine's ability to defend itself across a massive frontline and the Russians are making gains there daily.

No bueno.

So which of the western “allies” leaked the details of previous operations to Russia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭rogber

Your un-educated and un-referenced wishful thinking opinion vs ISW report

The Ukrainian operation in Kursk Oblast has already generated theater-wide operational and strategic pressures on Russian forces, and subsequent phases of fighting within Russia will likely generate even greater pressures on Putin and the Russian military. 

The Ukrainian incursion into Kursk Oblast has prompted the Russian military to redeploy up to 11 battalions from within Kursk Oblast and four Russian force groupings elsewhere in the theater to the frontline in Kursk Oblast so far.[14] US officials reportedly told the 

New York Times

in an article published on August 15 that Russia has committed reserves to Kursk Oblast that it otherwise would have committed to grinding offensive operations in eastern Ukraine in the coming months.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

In that sector of course unless Ukraine made another border incursion to bypass it. But where they've currently occupied they're far away from where that river goes which is up past LGOV NPP and just before Kursk city itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,651 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

one of these was seen crossing the border I'm sure in one of the pieces by either CNN or the Italian news crew last week..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Modi to visit Ukraine.

India PM Modi to visit Ukraine, weeks after rebuking Putin in Moscow (msn.com)

Details of the trip will be shared later in the day, the foreign ministry said, adding that he would also be visiting Poland. Indian media have reported that Modi is expected to visit the two countries, possibly from Aug. 21 to 23..

Modi's Kyiv visit, Indian analysts say, would aim to control the damage from his trip to Moscow, which coincided with a lethal strike on a children's hospital in the Ukrainian capital, embarrassing him and drawing strong criticism from President Volodymyr Zelenskiy.

Modi made a highly publicised trip to Moscow on July 8-9 during which old friends India and Russia sought to boost bilateral trade and cooperation in areas ranging from nuclear energy to medicine.

But the visit made headlines as it coincided with the strike on the hospital in Kyiv, prompting Modi to use emotive language to deliver an implicit, public rebuke to Putin at their summit.

Modi told Putin that the death of innocent children was painful and terrifying and reiterated New Delhi's position that Moscow and Kyiv should resolve their conflict through dialogue and diplomacy, saying "solutions are not possible on the battleground".

Advertisement