Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

1223224225226227229»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I think the regular A330 started circa 2011/2012. (am guessing with that date)

I think there may have been the odd rotation to Nice?

A330 have been used on an ad hoc basis for years. Personally I operated DUB-LHR-DUB on an A330 on Dec 23rd one year, (circa 2004-2006) It was after some bad weather the previous day and they used the A330 to gather up all the lost sheep from the day before. I can remember that the old T1 (the green mile) couldnt take the A330 on its jetbridges. But the happiness of those 300 stressed pax was nice to see.

On another occasion a colleague (who is still my mate) operated an A330 to Cardiff on 2 consecutive days for a rugby match. The 'empty' return sectors were sold online cheaply. Airliners.net used the CWL-DUB leg for their annual group trip. My mate was able to get in touch with the PR dept and organise gift bags and a group photo in Business class for the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

I think A330s have been used on FCO and VRN on a scheduled basis, the latter during the skiing season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭john boye

I don't know if Covid era counts but they operated to Heathrow regularly for a while during it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

It’s also made appearances on the canaries too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,191 ✭✭✭✭L1011

In the dying days of the LGW base I'm pretty certain there were some ski season 330 flights from there also. Memory could be completely wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Yeah Verona saw them earlier this year on a regular basis. You often have a 330 & 320 on the ground at the same time. Don’t ever remember seeing them operate FCO but the 321 was regularly on it when it was twice daily. They also operated 747’s to AGP back in the day on a fairly regular basis.

Advertisement