Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,139 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It seems a bit mad that they couldn't even finish registering their account for 14 months. And I've no doubt there'll be a few indie devs to come out and say how it was a painless, quick and easy process for them. And I've learned my lesson to not believe anything immediately, as the articles I've read about it just regurgitate what HAAK have said. Seems strange that a simple registration issue would take this long to be sorted before one side gave up. There's probably more to it. Not a good look for MS if true though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Seen a post from them going back to February where they were talking about trying to get an xBox port sorted but having no luck. They've obviously given up completely at this point.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Apparently no western devs are having any issues. This is apparently a Chinese developer issue and not following the procedure to go through a licensed sub publisher (probably government owned). Pretty sure this is just the developer having a rant for not following procedure. Sony might have some easier way around it. With the growth of Chinese indies it's probably something MS would want to sort out.

Sony and Nintendo might have a work around in place with the Chinese government. I mean it's a pretty simple process to sign up as a developer for Xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Looks like Bully is getting a re-release on modern platforms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,016 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If it's anything like the GTA Trilogy remaster, no the f*ck thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hopefully it's treated a lot better. I mean an up resed port of the 360 version would be ideal. I wonder if it will go by the bully name in Europe this time.

It's far and away my favourite rockstar game and up there with rdr and warrior as the games from rockstar I'd call truly great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

With Sonic a multi-film commercial success and a Yakuza series on the way, the next Sega adaptation is based on the hugely popular… erm… Eternal Champions?

This kind of thing makes me wonder if Hollywood executives actually use a random number generator and Wikipedia to pick what they want to adapt.

I played it when it first came out but never finished it. Not even fully sure why, I think maybe the day-night cycle just bugged me at the time, with barely having enough time to explore the town before having to get back to the dorm etc.

Played it again maybe 3-4 years ago and got through it fairly quickly. I agree it's a fantastic game. That said, if it was re-released now even just upscaled or some quality-of-life features, I'm not sure if I'd be bothered. I'd probably be more inclined to pick up the RDR1 remaster if I see it for a decent price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The RDR 1 remaster was brilliant, my favorite playthrough of that game, got through it much quicker than i thought it would, the Bonny missions didn't feel like as much of a slog and it was a pure joy to go of and do all the little ambience challenges. Highly recommend it.

I was definitely interested when it was announced, but as much of an eejit as I am for buying games full price and never or rarely playing them, I just couldn't bring myself to buy it when it released. I know it wasn't done the same way the GTA Trilogy was done, but I feel like Rockstar owe me money for that one, so I'm waiting until I see it for a decent price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah I felt very similar with the RDR1 remaster. It was brilliant. Compared to RDR2, the missions were much more accessible and you could pick up the game for an hour and get through so much. Missions generally didn't take that long which was refreshing. It was felt like an arcade version (of sorts) of Red Dead Redemption Arcade versus RDR2s simulation version.

I'd love if Rockstar gave Bully the same treatment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Is their something I'm missing about the wagons in RDR2 ? 🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

As someone who somehow managed to get a refund for GTA Trilogy from Sony after almost completing GTA 3, I fully get that. I got RDR 1 in Smyths for I think 35 on sale and then sold to CEX for 30 or something like that so that definitely sweetened the pot.

I hold on to physical games I've liked. Keep thinking I'll replay them, but apart for 1 or 2 I never do. Maybe the kids will play them one day. But it certainly is a sweet deal when you can play a game for a few quid with a CEX trade in. Certainly if their is going to be a remaster/remake in a few years time.

Unless it's a ground up remake, I'm not gonna fund the Rockstar low effort re-releases. For such a massive and financially successful company, they treat us like crap with low effort ports instead of the full effort they deserve to get. We should be getting RE Remakes level of quality from the Rockstar back catalogue but all we're getting is enough effort to call it "new" and then the sheeple fans fawn over it and buy it in the millions, forever ensuring that Rockstar will continue to give low effort re-releases. RDR1 remake should have been done in the RDR2 engine. Same with the GTA Trilogy. Fup Rockstar.

I think it's so that they can port them to Switch.

No excuse. They have the time, money and resources to do one for each platform. But they're scrimping the pennies again. Never seen a company to be so reluctant to invest in their back catalogue. Quick money is all they want. And the "fans" ensure that cycle continues.

• Advertisement

FF16 coming to PC in September.

Is it the goty contender the FF fanboys keep tell themselves it is on Twitter or is it a bit meh?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It’s around 10-20% spectacular killer, 80-90% mundane filler - which, if nothing else, is about 50% more killer than FFVII Remake (though that has better combat).

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Tom Henderson says Indiana Jones is coming to PS5 in the first half of 2025.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭recyclops

Microsoft to announce everything is going multiplat and then say unlike other companies we are actually for the players.

drop mic

Tbh I am all for it absolutely nothing stopping it (except VR only games obviously) except for ways to sell hardware

There are rumours it will be coming to Xbox as well, which wouldn't be surprising considering the only recent FF games it hasn't gotten are the 7 Remakes and the Pixel Remasters

I doubt it though. It's been confirmed Sony have a FF exclusivity deal and I don't think it's expired.

Could be something announced at geoff-fest though.

Afaik that's only for the 7 Remakes, Crisis Core and FF XIV have made there way to Xbox since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

From what I read, in the very article the tweet links, this is just being re-rated because it's being added to the GTA+ subscription today!

Bully Joining the GTA+ Games Library on August 20

With back to school season on the horizon, rule the halls of Bullworth Academy as mischievous teenager Jimmy Hopkins in Bully. On August 20, GTA+ Members can navigate the obstacles of this crumbling prep school via the GTA+ Games Library, where Members get access to download and play a rotating assortment of classic Rockstar Games titles.

Bully will be available for GTA+ Members to download on the console platform that coincides with their active GTA+ Membership, and on compatible iOS and Android devices.

Copied that above from the NewsWire article below:

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/o337151o33aa79/the-new-benefactor-vorschlaghammer-sedan-free-with-gta

So it's a whole load of nothing really, unless you have GTA+

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 has been pushed back to first half of 2025. Shocked, shocked i tell ya!

• Advertisement

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2024/08/20/xbox-insiders-everything-you-need-to-know-about-xbox-game-pass-standard/

“Some games coming to Game Pass Ultimate (day one games or other game entries) will not be immediately available with Game Pass Standard and may be added to the library at a future date (can be up to 12 months or more and will vary by title).”

LOL, that’s some seriously corporate weasel language - “up to 12 months or more” 😂

Advertisement