Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riverpoint Apartments

• 17-03-2019 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Anyone have any idea what Riverpoint apartments are like these days? I think I heard undesirables had been loitering in the doorways a few years back.

If anyone has lived in one can I ask are electricity costs high due to electric heaters?

Any advice or reviews would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

I lived there for a few years, left a year ago. The heating bills were crazy high though I'm not sure if my unit was especially bad at holding heat. Didn't really experience much in the way of people loitering. Just one incident that I can remember of someone sleeping in the stairwell. I can't imagine that it's any different since I left.

Parking was a bit of an issue as the resident's level would often fill up with office workers (who weren't supposed to park there) during the day and nothing was done about it despite asking many times. Apart from that the location was ideal, neighbours were fine, caretakers very nice.

Back when I lived there at the price it was a few years ago it was absolutely fine. At the price it is now, I wouldn't pay it personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Thank you very much for the reply!
    I will definitely consider all these factors before making a move .

Where would you have to park if you couldn't find somewhere?

And any rough idea how high electricity bills would be?

All in all seems pretty positive experience for you which is great.
    le_girl wrote: »
    I lived there for a few years, left a year ago. The heating bills were crazy high though I'm not sure if my unit was especially bad at holding heat. Didn't really experience much in the way of people loitering. Just one incident that I can remember of someone sleeping in the stairwell. I can't imagine that it's any different since I left.

Parking was a bit of an issue as the resident's level would often fill up with office workers (who weren't supposed to park there) during the day and nothing was done about it despite asking many times. Apart from that the location was ideal, neighbours were fine, caretakers very nice.

Back when I lived there at the price it was a few years ago it was absolutely fine. At the price it is now, I wouldn't pay it personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

SoCo2009 wrote:

You might not need a car if you live so centrally? I got rid of mine as I wasn't using it very much and the expense didn't make much sense. There's plenty of alternatives that worked out better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Knew people that lived there and said it's very poorly insulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

SoCo2009 wrote: »
    Thank you very much for the reply!
    I will definitely consider all these factors before making a move .

And any rough idea how high electricity bills would be?

All in all seems pretty positive experience for you which is great.

It was a case of doing a few loops until someone pulled out so not the end of the world but it was very annoying to have people using the residents spaces who shouldn't have been. In comparison, in the evenings and at weekends the car park was half empty.

I got a shock at the start with an ESB bill of over €300. After that I was more careful. It probably ranged from something like €90 in the summer months to €200+ in the winter. That was just one person living in a 2 bed apartment so I mostly heated the room I was in at the time so it might be higher if there are people in multiple rooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Thanks everyone for the helpful replies!

It's a shame many of the nicer apartment blocks have electric heating as its a real turn off if the bills are as high as that.

Will definetely keep it in mind when looking for a place !!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TPMP

I just moved out last summer. They are pretty good apartments and I never had an issue with warming the place. Our electric bills ranged from 80ish in the summer to 180 in winter which isn't too bad. We also had no issues with parking. There's generally a very friendly set of residents that live there so I'd definitely recommend the place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

How much these sell and rent for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭godfrey

bigpink wrote: »
    How much these sell and rent for

In 2011 they were selling for under €55k. About €150k now.

https://www.daft.ie/limerick/apartments-for-sale/limerick-city/6-riverpoint-limerick-city-limerick-2061186/

g

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DIPLOMATIC

Im looking for an update on the riverpoint apartments. I am hoping to purchase a nice apartment around Limerick after returning from Australia but even though I went to college there years ago Im not sure of where a good location would be now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭homingbird

My advice is stay where you are atleast your not robed over there not like here with the cost of everything on the up the gov out to rob you anyway they can even after taking half your wages you have property tax hope there will be a big change in next general election.

Advertisement