Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

To be honest I agree with Whocare, watching the video I thought you were driving too fast on a windy road with cars parked and entrances with limited visibility for oncoming traffic. Not being sanctimonious, just an honest opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭J_R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Maybe a tourist, either way that's shocking driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Advertisement

Hi,

Of course as I believe it was warranted in that situation.

It was raining, (Wet road). Driver was still moving across. I was running out of space to the left and there was a line of cars behind.

and anyway I think it helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Whocare

Your reply says it all not good driver he put my life in danger ffs maybe you don't have brain power Understand if you was exiting that Junction you would have done same with The restricted view . As I said good driver will have brain power Understand junction cars parked Restricting the view and would have let power off and be ready to brake you on other hand could see restricted view and car at junction and did nothing till car out of junction didn't even start braking went car Started to move plus a back road like that I bet you travel a lot and would have known that junction and danger of it but as I said your not good driver. Plus your attitude is Disgusting he can f off ect . You need wake f up and see The obvious danger of junction and no will care about your right of way went smash into side of car with possible of baby children's or even mother or dad being Seriously injured /killed because YOU hadn't brain power of seeing danger of that junction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭kirving

I don't like to have a go at people who post videos - it's a learning experience for everyone, and it'd be a shame to discourage that from taking place.

But @Whocare's post was fairly reasonable, and your attitude toward something which you may not be at fault for (driver pulling out), but nevertheless have a major control over (your speed), isn't good at all.

Notwithstanding the other guy pulling out from behind parked cars - those same parked cars, houses, and an upcoming, obscured junction are all very clear reasons to have reduced your speed much earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Hire car anyway, Sticker on the fuel cap is normal on a lot of hire cars to minimise mis-fuelling

Hi,

Only noticed the new Dublin reg. and guessed was a tourist as I know how easy it is to make a stupid mistake - if on unfamiliar roads, perhaps under time constrains to get to a set destination and suddenly realise you are about to take a wrong turn.

He pulled in a little further on. I was tempted to pull alongside and give a friendly wave but my Thai wife was with me, and knew she would get her say in first. (Never be fooled by a Thai girls friendly smile).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,757 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Apologies for crappy rear cam footage - it wasn't me who put that blurry window tint over there. Front is way clearer though. My fault that rear cam's date/time is way off - too lazy to set it properly.

Swinford Bypass, last Thursday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Very satisfying that!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭cml387

It happens all to rarely, but jolly good. (and the "phnarr phnarr" reaction😄)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

Absolutely, was referring ot the karening that went on a few posts back.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 TheOneDon24

Glorious to watch! especially the type of car being driven just makes it all the more satisfying to see them get done!

Unregistered Users

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Jesus. What an idiot. Good reactions from you but only blessed that there was nothing coming towards you.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Psychedelic Hedgehog

Holy crap, well done for avoiding that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Jacovs

100% their fault and well done avoiding it.

Looks like you just happened to be in the other car's blind spot so the Caddy didnt see you, but they shouldve done another check when entering and couldve stopped if they just did another check your direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭standardg60

Mind numbingly dumb to pull out of a junction like that when you can't see what's behind the left turning car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Wow, that van was heavily loaded also by the looks of the rear arches sitting on the wheels so lucky to be alive indeed. Did you capture the reg in the uncompressed video? The YouTube version looks like one of those greyed out plates that are seriously difficult to read. Worth reporting as that driver needs talking to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Fck!
    Thankfully you’re alive to tell the tale - I pass by junctions like that one regularly and I’m always afraid something like that will happen - looks like you were in an 80 or even 100 zone? I think you’ve just shown why that should be a 60 zone for that particular section - there’s a few near me and some are 80kmph but one is 60kmph - a few more should be 60kph in my view.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Thats one I'd be sending on to that new reporting thing.

Unregistered Users

It was 100 zone, and I had approx 95 at that very moment. I'm afraid I won't be able to decipher the reg, as it was that crappy (more and more popular, regrettably) black-on-grey plate. And I bet that one was not heavily loaded, more likely lowered instead.

Here's one frame from original video file - struggling to see any letter/digit:

Edit: just to clarify where exactly that happened - it's N17 between Collooney and Ballinacarrow, at Ballymote junction. Very busy spot with cars from Ballymote joining the traffic towards Sligo.

Post edited by joujoujou on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭GavPJ

And turning around to catch the idiot. Friend of mine died on bike when

some clown done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭carfinder

Absolutely. Driver needed to be taken out of the van and put back in, head first, through his windscreen - he (yes im assuming gender) will end up doing that again and encounter someone less skilled in collision avoidance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,333 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I wonder are the van windows tinted… edit maybe window was open so maybe not factor

That could have ended really badly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Damien360

I always wondered my reactions to avoid him and possibly going into oncoming traffic would be stronger than being safer for me and just go into the side of him. It would still be a nasty one but not a head on. Well done avoiding him and thankfully nobody was coming the opposite way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭kirving

To put it another way, you saved his life, at grave risk to your own.

Report it - it's a common van, but there can't be that many White Transit Connects in that area. The Gardai would should be checking traffic camera ANPR databases, and putting out an alert for that description.

• Aftermarket Headlights ✔
    • LED Foglights on ✔
    • Wind Deflectors ✔
    • Illegal reg plate ✔
    • Low profile tyres, on a van ✔
    • Looks to be modified suspension ✔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭Dartz

You can actually see the moment the poo came out.

The van driver would've been hamburger at that speed.

Advertisement