Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunsynk (DEYE) Hybrid Inverters

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

So the meter is dead, nothing on display but power going through it so it must be a dud, I have a replacement to try.

I assume once it has L and N it should turn on the display right?

I wired the spare to a 3 pin socket and it lit up straight away so I guess the one in there means dud

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭championc

My COM / RS485 port appeared to to completely pack up. I needed to do a reboot of the inverter to get it back.

I have an RS485 to USB connected into a Mini pc running Home Assistant on Docker and the Kellerza MQTT integration

I seem to have to reboot my PC weekly to get comms to resume, but tonight was a bit exceptional. I couldn't connect on port 502 to the WiFi dongle either, even though it was updating the Cloud fine, and I could Remotely Control the inverter too

Anyone else having continuous issues, or have them previously and managed to solve it for good ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I reboot my HA nightly with an automation. Keeps it fresh

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I'm using an esp32 as a TCP modbus bridge.

HA running in a VM, don't have to do any restarts, no communication issues.

I am thinking of porting it to esphome

Sometimes the reboot does not work, and it needs for the usb it seems to be fully powered off. So sometimes I need to power off the pc, then power it back on again

• Advertisement

I wonder is it the usb rs485 messing up. If you unplug and replug it, what happens?

Been using solar assistant myself and it has been rock solid in terms of reliability, best 50 quid I spent in ages, if you have a spare rpi I highly recommend, full integration with and control from HA

Certainly looks moreso like the interface. Everything else in HA is rock solid

I used to use an rs485 usb adapter with a cable I made up myself but then bought this which also works fine with the deye:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006450339106.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.72f81802UsVpcr

That's the one I bought, just seems to be very unreliable for me 😞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭oaklands

Got the following from Sunsynk support, which may be of general interest to some Sunsynk owners here…(inverters > 5kW)

Q4: Are the MPPTs global in operation? (to take advantage of half-cell shading etc).
    A4: Our inverters have a feature that's called multi point shading, this scans the PV every 30 mins and creates a new MPP

Some of the Sunsynk inverters have a shared MPPT with connectors for 2 strings (+1 independent string on a 2nd MPPT). So I also got the following response to a question:

…{for} the twin string MPPT, the panels must be facing the same direction/slope, strings to be the same length and the panels wired in series. Then the twin string MPPT combines to have the limit of 26A across both strings (vs 13A for the single MPPT). Each individual string input must not exceed 13A.

So on the units that support shared MPPTs the 2 strings should be identical in panels & direction/slope. I guess there should ideally be no shading either when sharing the single MPPT.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 newtosolar

I'm In Ireland and wondering does the Deye Of/Off grid 5Kw Inverter suit Irish conditions and If so where Is the best place to buy one. Thank You.

Anyone with a deye inverter using the Eastron SDM230modbus meter can put a screenshot of the settings for the meter on the inverter side?

Meter was working fine for about a week and then inverter said no meter.

Meter is working ok, network cable is working too as I am using the same pins to connect the CT in the meantime but it's annoying me that.

If it was working, then stopped with no other changes, I'd be really looking at that cable, trying different pairs.

Did that and ran new cable even, same.

Need to see if I can connect the meter to HA and confirm that the comms work ok on the meter, it is set to 9600 baud so it should be good but not sure if the id of the inverter/meter matters so that's why I want to see what setting folk are using on the inverter side.

This is what I have:

Meter is unticked as I'm using the CT for now

Basically connected like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX0JRk77iko

I have some esphome code if you have a esp32 and a rs485 board to connect to a Easton meter.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Try this. I haven't used it myself but it used libmodbus which I've used before.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/qmodmaster/

I haven't used this either but know about

https://store.chipkin.com/products/tools/cas-modbus-scanner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭S'

Trying to figure out what’s the limiting factor in my solar system.

I can only see max 136amps while charging my battery pack when it’s set for 190a.

Anyone here confirm that they can get 190a?

Deye 8.8kW Hybrid

Jk 200a BMS

32 x 280ah lifepo4 eve cells

• Advertisement

The rated input current (charging) is only 34 amps (AC)

Which at 220v is just shy of 7.5kW

At 53/54 volts it's at about the current your seeing.

I'd also slow that discharge a bit…

Yes the sunsynk 8kw had the same limit if I recall around 140a because you are limited by the 8kw AC limit like @graememk mentioned above so everything works as intended.

You will see 190a going into the battery from the panels if you have enough of them though 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭S'

Ah OK, spec sheet below confirms it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 garciasa

Yes, it is. At least I didn't have any issue with SEAI.

You have to be careful though, since I bought it in UK and the model they sent me it wasn't included in the EN50549 so I had to talk to sunsynk uk, they sent me a new label for my Inverter and they updated the firmware to the proper one included in the certificate and problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 garciasa

Anyone with a deye inverter using the Eastron SDM230modbus meter can put a screenshot of the settings for the meter on the inverter side?

Meter was working fine for about a week and then inverter said no meter.

Meter is working ok, network cable is working too as I am using the same pins to connect the CT in the meantime but it's annoying me that.

Did you solve it? I can send the configuration screen of mine… for me it has been working great the last 3 months..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 paddy236

Not sure whether to post this in the Deye/Sunsynk thread or the jk-bms thread....

Does anyone know of a video or other instructions to show how to top balance using the inverter as the charge source and the inbuilt BMS balancer? Or any suggestions what the issue might be?

I am struggling to top balance the cells using the inverter and BMS. The cells were not top balanced prior to assembly.
    What I believe is happening is when the 1st cell reaches 100% soc voltage (3.449v) the BMS sets the soc to 100%.
    The inverter sees this and then reduces the charge current which prevents any cell reaching 3.65v for top balancing. I have 4 cells that are not going above 3.326v as the charge current is cut too early.

Specs and settings:

diy 15kW battery:
    JK-BMS JK_PB2A16S20P firmware Version: v15.12

Cells: Envision ESS 72173207 305Ah (not manually top balanced)

Inverter is 5kw Sunsynk ecco hybrid inverter

Version: M 3.3.8.6/S 1.5.1.5 / C E.4.3.9

Inverter and BMS are connected through CAN.

BMS settings:

Note: I increased the RCV time from 1 to 6 in order to try force the charge voltage but wasn't successful.

I also tried setting the 100% soc voltage higher than 3.449v but the bms would not accept this as it must be lower than RCV(3.45v).

Inverter settings:

100% Soc and corresponding current from the inverter graphs during charging cycle. (Active balance is activated in BMS):

When trying to top balance, keep the charge voltage on the lower side until all cells reach that and then start increasing the voltage (eg each cell at 3.45, then each cell at 3.5 etc , per cell

The soc-100% set that really high, even as high as 3.65 for now as you don't want that interfering, you may need to change other settings to get it to that.

Possibly run the inverter in voltage mode to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 paddy236

Thanks for your guidance.

So if I unplug the can cable and set the float voltage on the inverter to 55.2v

The BMS balancer should get most cells close to 3.45v

Then increase the float voltage on the inverter in 0.8v increments:

56v (avg 3.5v per cell)

56.8v (3.55v)

57.6v (~3.6v per cell)

58.4v (3.65v)

Do I need to lower the charging amps on the inverter or I leave it at 80A?

You may also need to set the Absorbsion and Equalisation to the lower values too, Id leave the current be. But If trying to top balance, Force charge from grid, but keep that current low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭hexosan

anyone else getting random chat support notifications from Sunsynk via the phone app. I’ve gotten one each day for the last three days. When I open the notification it’s just a blank messages.

Advertisement