Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Maryborough portlaoise ISSUES

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kymbrady

Great news, do you know when you will be getting your keys?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 GG_AZ

As per Joe - he is happy to handover any time soon once he gets the green signal from Solicitors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 ShaksofIre

Guys anyone knows good tiler for maryborough village new build ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 GG_AZ

Hello again!!

I'm currently looking into getting new flooring and appliances. I'm curious if any of you have recently gone through this process or are currently doing so. Specifically, I'm looking for places where I can get products that have detailed measurements available. Any recommendations or advice on where to find good options would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭helper1989

for appliances, I went with Harvey Norman but someone in the group suggested another seller. You may want to read older messages. All appliances come as standard sizes and should be fine for your house except for hob and extractor fan. Both should be 60cm and would require a bit of cutting to get it installed.

for the flooring, I am still looking for options and have seen huge variance if you opt for a shop that sells and fits vs getting your own fitter and buying separately. I will let others comment as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DoctorRV

Hey @helper1989 Could you please elaborate a little more on the variance you mentioned. Perhaps be useful to know.

as an example:

https://www.currys.ie/products/bosch-series-4-pue611bb5e-59-cm-electric-induction-hob-black-10240592.html?q=PUE611BB5E

this what I have locked it for at HN

sorry, you meant on the flooring. I took a quote from a shop that provides flooring and fitting and they gave me a total quote of 7k. This was for SPC flooring for both floors.

i got a quote for labour separately and material and was given 1.2k for labour and 3k for SPC flooring

Wow! That much difference in pricing! Thats good to know. Thanks 🙏

in summary, do your own research and ask for a break down of costs being charged.

I think the standard is 15-20 euros per sq meters for fitting

• Advertisement

hey guys, we were called for second snag yesterday, row 28-34 🤞🏼

great news! When are you moving in then?

no update on moving in date just yet, but from what I’ve seen on this group, once you are happy with second snag, solicitor will give green light to draw down then, so fingers crossed in the next 1-2 weeks! 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Do people 2nd snag themselves or call a professional again ? Are the snags taken care of to your satisfaction?

there is no point in calling a professional for the 2nd snag because they are generally good in addressing the major issues.

anything minor that they leave or ignore has to be accepted because they would then put the house in queue and address the snags after they are done working on existing houses.

In our case, they left out few minor things like filling gaps etc which we will have to take care on our own

In my situation, I’ve booked my snagger back in for my 2nd one, as our floors were not levelled and mould in attic / missing insulation in attic. I wouldn’t have felt comfortable in checking myself if this was complete as I wouldn’t know.
    I think they should be absolutely addressing and fixing every single thing in the snag reports, that’s the whole point in them. We really shouldn’t have to accept them not completing certain areas.

However we have waited beyond belief at this stage with ridiculous communication so anything minor not addressed, we will just do ourselves!

Thanks for your inputs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 A2533

Mirek Dulinski is excellent. Did my kitchen and hall in Maryborough Village.
    Perfectionist.

I’ll DM you his number.

Aoife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2 sagnik

Hi guys, anyone have contact of any good snagger? All the snagger I got off internet are for Dublin area and are not available for Portlaoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 artinaas

Hi All

Snager Richard Holohan.

Company name is Leinster Property Snags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2 sagnik

• Registered Users Posts: 19 artinaas

Hi All

Do you know what size fridge freezer is 30/70 or 40/60?

Advertisement