Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

So the positive from that is if experienced sporting business men are going the wrong way about making a quick profit then they are not looking at making a quick profit. I guess they want their own foundations set, that could then mean that on the pitch it could be short term pain for long term gain.

My issue is how they are going about it. Theres zero communication and what they do say comes across as lies because this is no where near what was portrayed early on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Murt10

Just watched Joe Blackburn on YouTube bemoaning the fact that we've now missed out on signing Bashir Humphries from Chelsea. He's just gone to Burnley on loan, with an obligation to buy for €5m.

Chelsea apparently currently have a huge squad, but are only allowed a much smaller number of players in their squad plus a maximum of 6 players on loan domestically and internationally combined next season. They therefore need to considerably trim their squad.

A lot of the other top teams are similarly overstaffed.

With the amount of money we have on hand from our recent sales, we're certainly going to be in a very strong position when it comes to negotiating purchases from clubs who are desperate to downsize their squads.

Ok, I accept that I'm grasping at straws, but after the shocks we've recently had, I badly need something to cheer me up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Paddy Power have installed us as favourites to be PSR champions.

Not grasping a straws, there has to be a method to their perceived madness. If they have analysed other squads to this level and predicted they need to offload players then it's a master stroke.

Does seem pretty strange that the Rutter deal still hasn't been signed, sealed and delivered??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Just on the talk about player contracts - I despite Orta but the 49ers were 45% shareholders at the time those contracts were signed so they definitely had some kind of input into the deals. They were instrumental in signing Rutter and forked up the cash to get that deal done so there is no way that they didn't know about the ridiculous 40m clause in his contract, they would have had to sign off on it.

Let's call a spade a space here, they have been terrible owners so far. All talk, a lot of which has turned out be blatant lies. Paraag "I negotiate contracts in my sleep" Marathe insisted we wouldn't have a start to this season like last season, another lie.

We may pull it out of the bag, but it's been a disaster so far.

Also I'm really losing patience with Farke. Our first 11 is still good but we look really poor and his tactics are incredibly conservative and boring. The crowd really let him know how they felt on Saturday when Bogle passed it back to Meslier, huge boos all round. We've won 3 of our last 14 matches. That's not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Yep i would blame this board as well as orta and radz for some of these contract situations even though farke is kind of absolving current owners judging by his comments. Think we all thought these would be shrewd owners but so far it fells nearly cellionesque. Still trust in farke but i get where you are coming from, the whole lumping on all attackers with 20 to go is too predictable at this stage. Doesn't look good for season ahead but lets hope the board start buying players farke wants and needs. Feeling farke was definitely blindsided by this contracts mess based on his comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Obviously Farke is going to lay the blame at the previous board, he's around long enough to know how to play the game. All that really matters right now is what happens in the next two weeks.

Oh i understand that, hes no fool but its obvious both parties are at fault. Cant fully blame this board for the contract scenario when they weren't the major shareholder when they were signed. Have to be fair about this too, and share the blame when its warranted. The summer has been v poor by this board however, no doubt.

Seville fans not too happy with orta back in may either.

https://x.com/MarioMijenz/status/1794796318944379362?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1794796318944379362%7Ctwgr%5Edb6eb26e9876dba1eb789363d1200a83e22e3e61%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Fleeds-united%2Ffurious-sevilla-fans-protest-against-victor-orta-12-months-after-fiery-leeds-united-exit-4643719

Would we be happy with Clark back, going on last season i would yes. The fact we really need and are actively looking for a striker doesn't say much for piroe, a major disappointment for farke i would think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Rumours that Sunderland want a fee of more than £20m for Jack Clarke. I'm not sure we'd be willing to pay that.

If Clarke comes in then Gnonto gets pushed out of position again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Rutter is turning into a saga at this stage. Either he wants a loyalty bonus that we wont pay or:

https://x.com/TheJackyCalv/status/1825578273901793573

It is strange that it's taking so long to go through. It's the hope that kills you!

Rumour is that Brighton are planning a dual player reveal or whatever its called. Not sure who else they were in for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Neewollah

Rutter deal done. All the best to him

Changed my opinion of his last season. Looked like he genuinely cared and showed the reason we spent so much on him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Don't watch the Rutter announcement video / tweet. It's designed to trigger every Leeds fan.

The 49ers are doing that without any assistance.

Nancy froston getting plenty stick on twitter for her lack of updates .We didnt realise how good phil was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

haven't been this pessimistic for a good few years, and only 2 games into the season !!

….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

For all the Brighton trolling, if it's any consolation, Leeds got £40 million for a player who looked so out of his depth in the Premier League, he was taken off at every opportunity and replaced with Adam Forshaw or Weston McKennie.

Not sure he will be any better for Brighton when the big hitters go in hard on him.

If there was a soccer version of the Harlem Globetrotters, he would be great in that.

Post edited by 10000maniacs on

I have a far higher opinion of him to be honest, and Brighton seem to have a good record in buying and selling over recent years.

To compare him to Forshaw or McKennie is laughable

Marseille look like they are getting Rowe from Norwich

• Advertisement

I am not comparing him to anybody, Marsch made the substitutions.

But lets be honest, he was pretty grim in the Premier League. Couldn't stay on his feet or string a move together. Albeit, it wasn't only him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

To be fair, the poster didn't compare him to either of those players.

Perhaps Brighton have bought him, like Minteh, simply as an investment, something they have shown a fantastic ability to do over the last few seasons, buy cheap, sell high. Personally, I don't see them making a huge profit on Rutter, but fully expect them to at least double their investment on Minteh.

As regards players coming in, I hear only rumours about Clarke, Ljubicic, Junior (loan from Villa) Benson (Burnley) and Beck (from Liverpool), but about 0% concrete information related to any of those players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

To be fair to him he'd arrived mid-season at a struggling club and had to adjust to the pace of the PL. He was also only 20 years of age. I think he'll do well in the PL, but you may be right and we could have done very well out of the deal, bought for £29m (Transfermarkt figure) and sold for £40m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

He played 11 games for Leeds in the Prem, won 1 (Southampton), lost 8.

His last three games were 1:5, 1:6, 1:4.

Don't remember him doing anything remotely promising in those games.

He was on the bench for the other games while Forshaw, McKennie and others were picked over him probably because they didn't fall over as much.

He fell over a lot. I do remember that.

• Advertisement

And out of those 11 games he played a total of 264 mins, probably less seeing as he "spent so much time on the floor!" You're turning him to Adryan or Ayling describing him as such.

What are your abiding memories of his first season in the Prem?

Better than yours seeing as he played 11 games, only started in 1 and in those games McKennie started 8 and Foreshaw 2 and 1 sub appearance!

I watched back the Portsmouth game afterwards. He ran into defenders time after time. Odd flashes of genius, but lost the ball a lot. I think he'll lose it more in the PL against better defenders. Really surprised at Brighton paying that for him, hard to coach that out of him at his age.

There's no fun left in the team.

I think Georginho's biggest weakness is that he holds on to the ball too long. He needs a lot of touches and time to weave his magic. I'm not sure he will get that in the PL but he's gone now so best of luck to him. We need to move on and quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Often think clubs like Bournemouth/Brighton etc raid Leeds for players with a hint of Lording it over them…..can't think of another club in the PL who'd have paid 40m for Rutter on what he's shown in England

Club only looking to spend between 20 and 25 million. Not much to bring in 4 much needed quality in my opinion.

Linked with Ilan Kebbal apparently.

Info from streamers iv watched.

Post edited by Hijpo on

linked to Largie Ramazani now….

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Largie Ramazani confirmed by Fabrizio now. €11.7m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Not enough

It is nice, though, when the tread has been updated to see that a real player might be signing for us. Who doesn't want a Belgian u19 international in their squad>

about sums it up. There was hope, and fun, up until a few weeks back. Now things are looking fairly bleak IMO. For some strange reason they are still second favourites for the championship, and 11/10 for promotion.

Like most of us I'm sure, never heard of the chap but anyone who was a regular in La Liga last year is bound to have plenty to offer at this level. One concern would be the five match ban, I'm sure there will be a few defenders looking to test his temperament. We still need to add at least two more starters to justify the tag of second favourites for promotion.

Never heard of him but we badly need players in the door. Hopefully he turns out to be good. Still need another 3 in at least.

Ramazani looks pretty good from the Youtube profiles. But Kristensen and Aaronson also looked good from the Youtube profiles when we signed them, so that's not an accurate indicator.

Ramazani reminds me a bit of Gnonto, but he seems to offload and distribute the ball sooner which is Gnontos biggest weakness.

Man Utd removed him from the books because he wasn't happy with the contract he was offered. A bit concerning. If he had star potential, they wouldn't have dumped him.

They didn't dump him, they wanted to keep him hence offering him a new contract!

He scored 4 goals and had 5 assists last season in 31 games although 3 of those assists were in the same game. Not hugely impressive but it was La Liga. He seems to get more yellow cards than goal contributions.

• Advertisement

It depends what the contract was. If an employer offers a risible contract (not saying it was risible in his case as I don't know) it could be seen as a layoff. He wasn't happy with what was offered anyway.

Advertisement