Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

As early as I've ever seen tubs out. It begins!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,374 ✭✭✭✭DvB

€7 for a smaller tub… not entirely unexpected given the cost increases for chocolate ingredients. But would expect that price to drop a little as we ge in season.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I always associate the Rose Of Tralee with the sweet tubs going on sale here. I'm not sure if it's the 'Roses' part, or if they always arrive this time of year. The Rose of Tralee starts tomorrow, so I'm my head, the timing is just right!

There sure is, but some of it seems random! I do the NY Times mini crossword every day (my brain wouldn't be able for the full one) and one of today's answers is Santa!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

can confirm this is true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Jude13

I plan to get back into the Christmas vibe and forum. I fly back home today, said good aye to quite a few people who said happy Christmas as we won’t be here. I’ve noticed that my posts from my phone read like a drunk with no spell check so need to put that on the Christmas list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

A miserable, rainy, CHRISTMASSY morning in Cork City this morning 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭tscul32

Haven't posted in ages either although I have been reading others' posts. I didn't do most of what I'd planned over the summer 🙄 But I start my masters next week so life will get a bit hectic very quickly, back to school in a few days for my placement. We've also got LC results for the eldest elf coming on Friday and the youngest starts secondary school next Monday. Feels like our family life is going to be making a big shift this season.

Will try to check in more often.

Now to walk the dog before the rain starts…

Best of luck with the masters!! & to the eldest on the LC results too!!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Had a bit of a mad week last week, OH took ill late on Tuesday evening which led us to being sent to A&E in the middle of the night. He had what was classed a a “whopper” of a kidney stone and had a procedure to remove it on Thursday morning. He’s doing well but is knackered from the experience, 24 hrs sitting in a chair in A&E will do that to you. Once the drama of the hospital was over I did get into BT with my daughter so see the Christmas shop on Friday but to be honest I was a bit underwhelmed by it, just a small section with not a lot of stuff. Forgot to take pictures 🫢.

I'm in the office today so might pop down at lunchtime to BT's to have a look at the Christmas shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I feel like the Christmas Shop in Cork BT has been getting smaller over the last few years - I haven't seen it yet this year but maybe they will add more over the coming weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I've just been asked "when are we putting the Christmas tree up"

The youngest is hilarious 😂

Can’t blame them for asking. Weather would have you thinking it was winter time haha

Also the fact we are into the 120’s in the countdown seems illogical!

Double figures fast approaching!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Went to AC/DC in Croke Park on Saturday and it was amazing. Heading up to Blink 182 and Coldplay in the next few weeks

All 3 have Xmas songs, learn something new everyday. A lot i mean a lot of bands get in on the 'xmas cheer'

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭BK5

Hope the husband makes a swift recovery @Cork Lass , best wishes to him.

It's my younger brothers birthday today and always associate it with the Leaving Cert results coming out around this time alright, best of luck to anyone waiting to see how they done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'm going to the same gigs over the next few weeks. Can't wait.

• Advertisement

Heading to blink 182 myself. Third time to see them. Great band.

I think if Coldplay were playing in November they would play Christmas Lights. I don't see them playing it in two weeks time unfortunately.

Never know, Bruce did play a Christmas song last May 😄

Yeah Blink 182 will be good, was more looking forward to seeing the show last September til it was postponed. Hopefully weather be good, saw MCR there in 2022 and was stuck up with a load of baxtards who kept talking over the band

I’m off to see Coldplay myself in two weeks time.

Not too often I get to a gig these days. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭DenMan

Really loving these earlier darker evenings now guys. I've been far away on the other side of the planet for the past two weeks so really noticing it now since returning to Ireland.

I find if I go away at all at this time of the year, I notice the darker mornings and evening when I get back. I was only away for 4 nights a week ago and I could notice how much earlier it got dark when I got back.

I think sunset is close to 10pm on the longest day and tonight, the sun will set at 20:41, so we've already lost 80 minutes in the evening.

When you put it like that it's crazy. 80 minutes in two months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,677 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Also in my local Tesco.

The rose of tralee is the sign the summer is ending and schools are going back

The 1st September date still puts shivers down my spine even been out of school 17 years 😄

• Advertisement

I'm out 10 years and every August when I hear about the LC results are near it just triggers me. Even though I got my course, opening those rules scares you for life. A right of passage 🤣

Advertisement