Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas TV 2022 - 2024

15678911»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Crackin’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Technically it'll be 18 weeks on Wednesday!!😉

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭BK5

And O Neil, the baby, will be 15!

@Loughc , will set up a game near to the time and we have to guess what's happened since the last special?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

oooh I love that idea!! Bonus points if you can tell us what happened on the fishing trip.

Only problem with guessing what's happened in the last 4 years is if someone is bang on with their predictions and we give out they ruined it ha ha

• Advertisement

Not a chance will we ever find out about the fishing trip, no matter what it was it would end up being a disappointment so they won't go there imo.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

No, we can't find out what happened on the fishing trip. It's like Maris on 'Frasier'- some things are best left to the imagination!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

FIlming is taking place in September.

A number of road closers in Wales.

Bulk of filming seems to be at Gavin's parents home.

So, it looks like Christmas in Essex but filmed in Wales.(Not really a spoiler tough.)

Well, in the 2019 special Mick made it clear to Pam that they shared Christmas days between the 2 families, so if they were in Barry in 2019 it makes sense that it's Pam and Micks turn to host in 2024!

• Advertisement

Did You hear that Ruth Jones.

Hinted there might be a death?

I hadn'theard any rumours, but to be fair I'll be doing my best to avoid spoilers as I want to enjoy it as much as possible as I did the other 2 Christmas specials.

A friend of a friend is working on it in the costume department and have been sworn to secrecy.

Apprentlly the whole script got leaked in May.

I'm trying to avoid them to.

I'd kind of like an time jump.

We'd see Gavin and Stacey son meeting like his parents met.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Great Romance showing some Christmas stuff already I see. They usually switch a channel over to full time (low rent) Christmas movies in September or so

It was announced on here a couple of weeks ago that Great Romance switches to Great Christmas full time from September 5th.

I see James Corden has up on his instagram that they start shooting the G&S christmas special today!

I've been rewatching Gavin and Stacey the last couple of weeks. It's making me more excited now for the Christmas special. 🙂

I've been watching & rewatching for the last 5 years😀, everytime I end up channel surfing and theres an episode on Gold/Dave or whatever channel shows it regularly I end up watching it.

I'll leave the 2 previous christmas specials until we're right into the thick of the build up.

Strictly is back soon

GBBO back on Channel 4 on Tuesday 24th September also. For me that's a solid stepping stone to the build up.

• Advertisement

Saw the advert for the new series of GBBO on C4 over the weekend…

Oooh, I haven't seen it yet, how exciting. Looking forward to the new series, especially because I usually watch it with cake. 😁

Advertisement