Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW1 matchday thread

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭shawki

They added even though it was more than 1 hour past the final whistle of last GW week match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭ForestFire

I have him (Just got the extra point), but why is this being added so late? Did he get magical BPS points from somewhere, or was he already tied with Ederson, but didn't get the point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,114 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

60 points for a 3.6m overall rank.

An awful start but I'm not gonna get carried away by a gameweek where a 25% flagged 37-year-old Vardy outscores Isak and Solanke combined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭shmeee

Many twitter pages don't know what happened. LiveFPL just say he was adjusted to 30bps and then was tied with Ederson for 1 point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

64 points. I’ll take it and run as I thought about not entering this year and literally set up my team the Thursday before kick off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭dahat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

the lads in FF towers must have needed an extra point - it’s a joke that they have rules and then don’t enforce them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭shmeee

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Didn't have much time this year to invest in picking a team so 64 points is a decent start. A few areas of concern already - went with Quansah and Barco - but have enough bench cover so we'll see how they pan out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Of course I completely forgot to make Salah my captain last week!! missed out on double points for him… was Watkins by default!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,187 ✭✭✭COH

73 points... not a bad start and for once not looking to rip up my team after GW1 as the 50/50 calls on team selection didnt end up ruining me ( my Saka VS Salah, my Gvardiol VS Porro etc. )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

87 points - literally never happens to me in the first GW!

Long way to go though and there's a few players I'm still afraid of not owning

Plan is to roll over transfers as much as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

75 points, decent start but have Quansah, Barco and also Porro who took a bang last night. He hobbled on for a few mins before being taken off so hoping its only a slight knock and he will be ok. Either way I may be tempted into an early hit to shore up my defence and possibly right the wrong of not going with TAA 😀. Quansah is looking close to a drop, cant see him holding out before start of GW2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,911 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

rules have changed to BPS not being finalized until after the last game of the GW, not the last game of that day like in the past.

ye but it’s an hour after the final game isn’t it? And this was after that time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

72 and glad to get away with it (thanks Captain Mo) - foolishly had both Toney (yeah I know) and Barco and not a lot on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭ForestFire

At what did they discover in this time that gave him extra BPS....did they rewatch the game again in slow-mo and saw an extra touch/interception.

The players in the last game are at disadvantage for these late late late reviews...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭Caustic

They get there stats from opta from what I see so they will have love stats and opta analysts will definitely rewatch games to get the data even more correct that's what they are there for.

From my understanding they usually would have what they deem the correct data the next day but maybe fpl is just giving themselves a little more leeway to input the data.

It's not really a disadvantage to the last team it could work out either way depending the players you have and most teams will be in that Monday slot at some stage.

And it's probably at most going to be a point here or there every week if you were lucky or unlucky it effects you to a max of maybe 20 points over the season which would be what .05 to .01 % of your over all score which is fairly negible even if you do run bad.

the opta guys didn’t watch back that John Terry goal all those years ago when tv replays clearly showed he didn’t touch the ball - yes I am still bitter about that one

Advertisement