Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permission to Shoot

• 20-08-2024 10:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭

I am getting another 22lr and I would like to have on the license hunting as well as target, just a quick question around that.

Will one landowner on the FCA1 be good enough or do they want more?

Have been knocking into farmers local to me but no luck as of yet, hopefully soon :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

AFAIK, one is enough.

Have been knocking into farmers local to me but no luck as of yet, hopefully soon

Are there no farmers you know personally? I can understand why asking a farmer you don't know would be reluctant. If not, is there a gun club relatively near you? Joining that will do if you don't find a willing farmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭GaryKE.

Sadly no I don't know any farmers personally, I have emailed Kildare Federation of Shooting & Conservation Clubs to see if they have contact information for game clubs near me.

Athgarvan would be my closest but cannot find any contact details for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

You might find this of some help:

https://www.nargc.ie/cpages/how-to-join-a-club

As they say, with 950+ clubs nationwide, there is one in almost every parish. There could well be more than one near you, but they generally don't have an online presence so you can only find them by knowing someone. I was lucky, my dad was the secretary of our local one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭GaryKE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭alex90

Get cards with your name and number on them and go knocking on doors. Has got me half a dozen separate permissions

• Advertisement
Advertisement