Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning an Item but courier never collected

• 20-08-2024 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭

I purchased an €1400 item from a US based company. The product was defective, and it took many months of back and forth with the support team before they finally accepted this and arranged for a refund.

Anyway, the customer service member said UPS would collect it on Monday. I spent all day at home waiting for this collection, which never happened. They are now saying Friday. I asked for a tracking number or label. But they said they cannot provde it. I called UPS. They couldn't confirm if a delivery is actually arranged, but they said that it's not possible to return an item without a shipping label. So I'm getting a little suspicious here that the customer support team member is just messing with me.

I really don't want to keep sitting around day after day, waiting for a courier who may never show up.

Unfortunately I'm now past the point of arranging a charge back. And as they're US based, the small claims court doesn't seem like an option.

Is there anything I can do in this situation?

Comments

Advertisement