Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Warning Yellow Light on Dashboard - Collision Prevention Inoperative

• 08-08-2024 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Does anybody know if having this warning light on my dashboard will pass the NCT TEST (due in 3 weeks time)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭User1998

It will pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭vandriver

I don't want to be that guy,but have you gone into the menu and checked someone hasn't turned it off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Whocare

Better off fixing it anyway nct or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭teediddlyeye

Is there dirt on the front of the car?

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jaycee2421

Thanks for the feedback quys.

Was working perfectly for 4 years. Out of order about 3 months (no more beeping if too close to vehicle in front anymore)

Went to my mechanic, fault not coming up in the computer read out report.

Strange one??

I have rescheduled my NCT test to try and get to the bottom of this.

• Advertisement

I tried turning it off from the dashboard controls but every time you turn back on the engine the message reboots itself!!!!

Strange.🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭gipi

Does your car have a forward facing camera? (Not a dashcam)

I had a similar issue with my Hyundai a few years ago, turned out the forward camera had gone kaput (the garage tried updating software but that didn't work). It had to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Psychedelic Hedgehog

You could try testing the battery voltage at rest and while running - a weak battery could manifest itself in all sorts of electronic gremlins in modern cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Whocare

You need difference mechanic/garage for that fault as there computer is not good enough for that car

Car is a Merc Benz (Class A) Year 8 years old

Mechanic has ordered 2 sensors due in 2 weeks time, hope they sort it out, once and for all!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Have you tried a new Battery ?

https://www.youcanic.com/mercedes-collision-prevention-assist-plus-inoperative-message/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭kirving

Your mechanic should not be ordering sensors - which you are paying for, if they cannot diagnose the problem in advance.

I can tell you with 100% certainty, that this issue will log a fault code which can be read if you have the correct equipment.

Electronic systems, especially on a Mercedes are so integrated with one another, that this message could come from anything from a dirty windscreen, bugs on the front, a wheel speed sensor, faulty rain sensor, steering angle sensor, gearbox speed sensor, low battery voltage, low vacuum pressure - you name it.

110%

Advertisement