Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retail in Waterford City

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭JVince

It's a standardised format. They don't go to places and see how long it takes from a to b.

A fairly simple algorithm spews out most of these statistics.

It simply gives an oversight.

Unfortunately Waterford is not even close to making the top tier for many retailers. Some will want to put 3 or 4 formats into a location eg Timberland, Vans and North face are all the same company. They need the population to support the business.

Good local retailers are the life blood of places like Waterford. Support them and more will open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I think a lot of problems are affecting Waterford are things that are outside our control, you see the shops like Gamestop, Argos, Shoezone, Debenhams, close shops, Ted Baker to close shops in Dublin being the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

A big blow for independent retail in the city with the news of Finders Keepers and Bebhinn closing up in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

They will just be phone and coffee shops left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭azimuth17

As you seem to have some detailed knowledge about retail populations could I ask that you help me better understand by providing me with some references or website details for the data you quote please? The numbers seem counterintuitive for Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭coupons1987

a staff member in Aldi in the glen said their new store in City Square is delayed as Dunnes have taken an injunction.

Advertisement