Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2024 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Newbie12345The

….

Post edited by Newbie12345The on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

For me yes. The other two were the NSSO and the house of oireachtas

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭summersun23

Anyone hear of any movement on this or any updates ? Has many from dublin been called and anyone outside dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jecca1

I have heard nothing since the location selection message.

Ive also applied for the TCO campaign from feb/march and have heard nothing from that campaign either despite having a quite decent oom. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭brianomc

I got an email late last week to submit an application form and garda vetting application form with proof of eligibility. OOM 24 in Dublin.

I presume in Dublin you can end up anywhere, I didn't see anything about choosing locations.

Ok. Cool. Yeah I've a decent OOM too but indicated a preference for only 1 location within my county .it will be interesting to see if a specific location effects the order in which people are called to interview ..

nothing in cork yet - have a top 15 number and nothing yet, just the location preference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 Boxman24

I had my interview a few weeks ago. Got the message that I had passed successfully about 2 weeks ago but haven’t heard anything else since. I wonder how long the process will take from the interview to your first day in the office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭shmeee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭McSween

how was the interview @boxman24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 Boxman24

It was a peace of cake. Was capability based compared to the usual competency questions but a lot similarities between the two styles

through zoom? I should download that rwally. What do you do just connect through a link they send?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 brod2024

At boxman. Are u dublin? Btw i dont tjink it would take long to get placed unless it's somewhere that needs the extra vetting -that takes a good bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LilyOdhranSadhbh

Hi All,

II'm a bit confused with the process for being called to stage 2 interview. My understanding was that they call candidates in batches for interview. I emailed public jobs yesterday for an update and they advised that they have reached OOM 3 for stage 2 interview for Co. Wexford. Your oom from stage 1 is retained throughout the competition and they call candidates to interview based on their oom as vacancies arise. My oom is in the 50s so I dont think I'll have a hope of being called for Wexford 😭

They call people in batches for interview for positions, the number in the batch will vary depending on the number of CO positions that are available at the time.

Batches could be 10/20 people. It varies.

You will get a batch number later down the process, so say your OOM 55, and calling in batches of 20, you'll be batch 3. This may be listed on your portal down the line, as was before for these competitions.

You have to also remember, not everyone is going to go to interview or even pass interview. So it's not like 54 people ahead of you need to get placed if your 55 OOM. People will turn down the position also once offered.

After interview you'll get a new OOM as that's the batch they will be placing on, so you could be OOM 1 then batch 3.

I hope that makes sense, that's how stuff worked in previous panels anyway. And surely similar here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LilyOdhranSadhbh

Awh thanks a million, I thought there would be over 50 ahead of me so I thought I wouldn't have a hope of being called for interview. That makes sense now and more reassuring 🤗

There is 50 ahead of you, but all them won't take up a position. You'd be surprised how many would just ignore follow up messages or not take up positions. Also the salary when people notice what it is, can be a turn off if not already known the exact breakdown. Best of luck!

limerick has interviewed as far as panel position number 5 so far. I emailed them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Justask123

I’m starting with Revenue at Blackpool in September

• Registered Users Posts: 7 magikalmysti

congrats, was it part of this campaign or a previous campaign?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Gympodie

Any movement in Offaly?

TThis is really interesting as previously they would have called batches to interview e.g 10 ( I've been through it ) but reading the above that does not seem to be the case if a county is at e.g OOM 3. I wonder what happens if the next county vacancy is not in a location u have indicated ...do they just skip u and come back to u? It seems very different to how they used to do it ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Gympodie

Where do you find an email to email them? I can't seem to find it.

i emailed info@publicjobs and they forward it to the relevant team. Name your county on the email

I've just emailed asking where Meath is - assume no one here called for meath yet ?

In case anyone is interested they responded and said they have not begun to call up candidates to stage 2 interview for meath and they also said that location choices for within a county have no effect at interview stage and are used during the clearance / placement stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

Thanks for this SS. If you hear anything else at all on Meath I'd appreciate you passing it on. I'm completely new to all this - I'm early 100s on the Meath OOM so assuming I shouldn't really hold out hope for much.

• Advertisement

I will of course Bo. If i hear from them I'll post. And I think your early 100s leaves u very much in the running ( lots will drop out)

Advertisement