Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AnnCCFE

That's why I mentioned Kress, with their 50% off. They are selling of they're guide wire mowers for their new RTK line of mowers, which look like the business, but are out of my price bracket. I'll put up with the guide wire for now.

@DrPhillG what 2 did you buy? How you finding them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

172e RTK and 101e. Going well, still a few teething problems at times with dips in the lawn needing tidied up but nothing major.

Grass has never looked better.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭pete6296

Checked out price for 2700 square metre lawn. Just over 2k for mower but 800 to 900 for wire bringing it to 2.8k. Will stick to Luba 2 5000 for 3.2k I think.

Bit the bullet and checked, the RTK one I bought isn't on sale. Nor is the one I wished I'd bought, the smallest RTK one.

• Advertisement

Yea it's the 101e I would be thinking of buying. Would you be in the west of Ireland by any chance? I'm wondering about maintenance by the dealer?

I'm in the north west, actually got it via dealer in the North.

Longford seems to be flooded with dealers, 3 of them. Then it's Cavan, Galway and Cork.

Can you spray under the 101e with water to clean it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Anyone who pre-ordered a Luba 2 get news on delivery? Most retailers here in Ireland have a mid to late August delivery date but just wondering if anyone got news ?

• Advertisement

Don't think it's recommended on the 101e. 172e is grand.

I just scrape the crap off it with a stick and wipe it down. For a more detailed clean before standing down in winter the dealer recommended compressed air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Batch arrived into main distributor on Friday and I got a whatsapp on Saturday, I should be collecting today or tomorrow, L2 5000

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭LubaDriver

They are all likely waiting on the same shipment. Lyster Lawnmowers are the importers/distributors so if you contact them you can get your info direct.

Can I ask who that is? I ordered with Coughlans.

That's positive to hear. I'd be guessing they both were waiting on same container. Fingers crossed

Spoke with Coughlans. They have no news yet on shipment.

You collect it? V jealous. Waiting patiently…….

Yes, picked it up today.

Managed to get it set up and the lawn mapped so will see how it runs tomorrow.

Took a bit of time between updates etc. and had a few issues with the mower getting positioning even though we have good clear sighting to the sky.

Pallets of the Luba in the warehouse so they seemed well stocked although they could all be going to customers and retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭pete6296

Well wear. Be very interested to hear how tommorrow goes for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

It was really a throw away comment without too much thought, but you got me thinking. I was comparing the Luba 2 1000 against a second hand ride on that was coming in at about €2500.

When you look at the initial costs involved they are roughly the same, I paid €2,300 for the Luba, and you'd probably get another 10 years out of the ride on. But when you take the maintenance costs that come with it you'd have to expect approx €2,500 in petrol, services, belts, blades, oil, filters and borrowing a trailer to transport it for servicing over those 10 years.

With Luba the cost for up keep is replacing the blades 2 or 3 times a year and the electricity to charge it, total might come out at €250 over 5 years. There may be a service needed or broken part/battery that might cost €500.

So over 10 years the ride on would cost €5,000 and if I had to buy a new Luba after 5 years for €2,500 it'd bring me to €6,200 over 10 years (2,300+250+500+2,500+250+500).

But the main benefit I see is that nobody actually has to physically go there every 2 weeks and cut the grass, hard to put a price on that I suppose. Also, since we've had the Luba set up the grass hasn't looked this good since it was initially set about 30 years ago, it's currently cutting 3 times a week. Lastly having no cut grass pile stacking up is a nice bonus.

It's not exactly a direct comparison but even with the pessimistic view on having to replace Luba after 5 years, for me it offers better value overall. I'm hoping the Luba will get much further then 5 years but if it only lasted 4-5 years, I'm ok with that.

Luba has set off on its inaugural cut so will see how it gets on. Followed it round the perimeter to makes sure there are no issues following the path or bumping into things but all looks good. Will see how it handles the no go zones as the day goes.

Query for those with the Luba 2.

I am having an issue with the main power brick powering both the charging station and the RTK in that it will not/intermittently power the RTK when plugged in. The power brick is continually flashing green even though the mower is fully charged.

Reading online it seems this may be a sign of a faulty power brick. It may also be the reason I was having issues setting it up and finding the positioning.

I am using the two power bricks at the minute and all seems to be running ok for now.

For those with the L2 5000 how long is it taking to charge? I'll monitor this to see how ours compares.

Thanks for any help.

I will visit the suppliers later on today to note the issue.

Any recommendations for Kress blades? For a 101e and 172e. I have the spare set that came with them, long overdue a change to be honest but I'll switch them over this weekend. Just planning ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Chocolate Teapot

Can anyone recommend the best place to buy the Luba 2? Do most people buy from a local supplier or online? Thanks

Lysters Athlone & Coughlan’s Carlow are the 2 Irish suppliers I know of.

Bought mine with Coughlan’s. Courier delivering on Monday all going to plan.
    I don’t think there a huge advantage going with supplier for this type of product? Ultimately if you have issues , you will be going to Mammotion

As Sponsorgate says, Lysters and Coughlans along with mowers.ie seem to be the main ones for the Luba.

Lysters are the distributors and when I was talking to them they said the Lubas are flying out the door, 50-60 on Tuesday alone.

I was having an issue with the RTK (it has since seemed to have corrected itself) which I was speaking to them about and I had to send a log via. the app and then Lysters chased it up from there end from Mammontion.

I'd say from a mechanical side of things then Lysters would be fixing it and for a software/technical issue it will be going through Mammontion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

Any idea why my Parkside robot lawnmower keeps beeping while mowing please?

Thanks

Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭ra0044

This page on boards is full of people with the Parkside mower and may know.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058308397/lidl-parkside-20v-1000m2-robot-mower-review#latest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

For the Luba owners, what are people using for an rtk mount on the house? I'm trying to get my hands on the Mammotion L bracket and it's either sold out or won't deliver to Ireland depending on where you look.

I have it spiked into the ground at the moment next to the charging station but I'm looking for a more permanent install so I know I won't have to remap if I move the charge station down the track.

• Advertisement

Like that I have it spiked beside the charging station for now. I might be making a few changes to the lawn area and could be re-mapping it anyway and will also, probably, pack it all away once the cutting season is over so the spike suits at the minute.

The likes of an stand off bracket might be an option and use half the pole, something like this.

Advertisement