Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric Picnic 2025 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Hot metal and methedrine, I hear empire down

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Wooderson

An incredible 4 months gone by mate. Best in over a decade between the four fests. Afterwards what appears to be a big winter hiatus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Musicrules

Does anyone know what happens in this situation? Someone was trying to buy loyalty tickets, it wouldn't work. They sent their loyalty code to someone else who went through a different email link and used the loyalty code to buy 2 tickets.

Does the person who sent their loyalty code lose out on the loyalty price for next year? Can they make a case as the tickets will be transferred to them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭Fanirish

if you qualified for loyalty this year then you’ll be in same position for next year

Oh so if you skip a year it doesn't lose your loyalty entitlements?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ho! Just had a peek at the EOTR clashfinder! That looks delicious. That should wash EP right out of your system!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭duefrine

Hi

I stayed at Ballykilcavan brewery, with pitched perfect. It was my first time at EP so have no experience of staying in EP to compare. That said I got lost leaving EP the Friday night, ended up walking around the whole of the EP site, we're all the tents were pitched and it just looked a mess, with burger vans etc, 5 meters from the tents... I knew that first night I made the right decision.

On Ballykilcavan, I arrived Thursday around 6. Parked the car across from the entrance, It took 30 seconds to walk to the check in desk, then took 30 seconds to walk to my tent, with one of the workers walking me to the tent & giving me a hand with my gear, on the way explaining the layout of the site.

Thursday evening had a few beers, they had 4/5 different beers to choose from on tap, I drank the lager 5.50 euro a pint, the brewery bar had about 16 plug sockets dotted around to change your phone. They had a 2 man band on, in the court yard that night. ( They had other entertainment on in the court yard through the weekend, but I didn't see it, to busy at EP😁)

Woke up the first morning and walked down to the court yard, plenty of benches / tables in the yard, they had a coffee van and a food van that sold breakfast up till 11am, then lunch after that. The bar was open in the morning, so you could sit in charging your phone over coffee. I have to say it made my mornings, were you could chill out and recover from the day/ night before. Then off to take a shower no waiting straight in ( did have to wait other mornings 10 minutes max) descent shower about 10 of them. Toilets were the same as on EP site, but we're kept clean and stocked with toilet roll. Their was outdoor sinks beside the showers were you could wash and brush teeth. Also their was a pamper parlour, didn't use it myself 😁, it had mirrors, hair dryers and spare sockets for hair straightener / phone charger etc:.

The size of the site was just the right size for everyone and everything that was their, to walk from top to bottom 4 minutes. Also yoga was on in the morning at 12 and a sound bath at 1 both free... Also if you wanted to pay ( 40euro) an hour in jacuzzi / sauna / ice bath

Off the get the bus, pick up point in the court yard, buses ran from 12am to 2am. With no traffic it took 10 minutes to get to the EP entrance, that time varied wildly through the weekend, traffic dependent. Buses were every half hour, with extra buses put on at busy times of the day. Missing the last bus did worry me a bit, ( you wouldn't walk that road in the day, don't mind at night ) but from walking around the town at 1am + their were taxies around and gave me reassurance I would get back if, I was to stay 3am+.

One of the good things about getting the bus to the town everyday was your opinion to stock up or just go the chipper or cafe or SuperValu....

All the rest of the days were much the same, but with every site at busy times, waiting for the morning coffee and shower just takes a little longer, but not that long .

Also got a bit of room service, as in they came around and pumped up your mattress, you just had to catch them walking around or you could book you mattress in for a pump up at reception.

Have to say all the staff were very nice and very helpful and made the stay comfortable.

The clients were made up of mostly couples ( 75% of tents) with the rest mostly girl groups. Site was quite at night and sleeping was great.

Have say I really enjoyed my stay their and I will be back next year. I did notice their was a lot of space, were I would say they will expand for next year. Talking to people their, all said it was great and not a bad word said about it..

If I remember anything thing else I will post 😁, really enjoyed my stay.

Snarky Snark Snark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭fafy

sounds really different and fairly unique, have stayed in Pink moon twice, 2019 & 2022 and it had some good facilities, particularly the showers, the common seating areas. and quick access into arena, right by Electric Arena, but pricing has gone a bit mad, even a base entry level 2 man tent is now €300 +.

Did two E.P’s in a campervan before that in 2010 & 2015, (alas, my friend sold it in 2016)and my 5th one is in 2025 in a tent, in general camping, so kinda doing things backwards !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭chicken foot

Fantastic review, thank you so much. I was thinking there would be taxis around. It looked and sounded great, just wanted to hear it from someone who stayed. Have stayed in Pink Moon, it is definitely becoming less appealing what with the walk to it and the rising cost every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭duefrine

I paid 699 for the 2-4 man bell tent ( but got a free upgrade to the 4-8 man bell tent on arrival )

A little guessing on the rest, as I booked with little interest in the rest.

The 4-8 man bell tent, starting at 800, with options to add, add-ons

They also had "normal tents" 4 man with porch to front or middle, have to say they were big,

Bog standard 2 man tents ( was speaking to folks in these, they said as the car was so near, they left most of their gear in the car and grabbed as needed )

Forgot to add, leaving was as easy as arriving, took me 45 minutes to get to the M50.

Expensive yes

Worth it yes

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Davysulls86

Tickets for 2025 in the bag.

As much as I felt the crowds on the Sunday were overwhelming and made me very claustrophobic, on revision it was my own fault for being close to the main stage for The Wolfe Tones.... there's a lesson in there.

I do think getting into ECO or not will be a deal breaker, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭kwat

No. I haven’t been at an EP since 2013, after attending three in a row, and I still get a loyalty code every year

Snarky Snark Snark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Thanks for the review!

Yes pricey! I guess having the bus transfer for 10 hours over 4 days would add a huge portion of that cost!! A commercial driver must take a 45min break every 4 hours, and can only work a max of 9ish hours per day (depending on what they did prior) when they first start the bus they can’t move it for 10 min (walk around checks, tyres, lights etc) so would take at least two drivers to cover one bus.

How many tents were pitched there roughly?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

For anyone booking Pink Moon

Snarky Snark Snark

to add to that, anyone booking needs to re-register on their new site which is not yet live so that's likely to be another sh1tshow next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

No doubt loyalty discount is baked in, but it must cost them well over a million in foregone revenue (I have no doubt it would sell out with no loyalty).

You yourself would regularly point out the low margins even big festivals operate on, and MB seems intent on growing numbers, early entry revenue, etc: so I am just surprised (but personally delighted) they still offer up to €65 off per ticket.

Snarky Snark Snark

maybe they see the cost of it as worth it to keep people coming back when they now have the rise of a valid challenger in ATN,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Snarky Snark Snark

their post festival "who would you like to see" survey is out.

https://form.jotform.com/242333770647358

Post edited by scruff monkey on

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Dutchy

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MsMojave

They clown me every year with this. Still I persist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Decent list of mostly available names for 2025.

Snarky Snark Snark

think it's the same as last year with some bands on it that are never touring again.

Clannad anyone?

Frankie Goes To Holywood? No Holly Johnson = No Frankie

RATM? Really, they're asking that.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hank the DJ

Moby & Stevie Nicks as sub headliners

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭jams100

A bit stupid, I'm forced to vote for Terminus acts even though I'd have no intention of being near that tent. (Not that this form counts for much anyway going by previous years i guess ).

pretty sure it’s the same names as last few years. Honestly not sure why a bunch of them are on it as never going near stradbally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

QOTSA and the R band 🤣🤣🤣,good luck with that,one can dream!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Only put on this who you don't want as they never pick those you list

imagine if Harry styles played. Chaos in stradbally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭dav09

The yearly wind up is here!

There are a lot of decent acts on both lists in fairness, more than I remember usually. Notice how there's no mention of the usual Script, Coronas, Etc, I wonder is it a crossover list with R&L.

Also interesting who they consider headliner/non headliners now too.

Not sure if anyone could be bothered but does anyone check how many from their lists actually get booked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Same as every year i struggled to fill out any section! Just went for the most acceptable to my ears. None of them will be booked anyway.

My theory is that they're not looking to see what acts people want but which genres are proving most popular. That's if there is any actual correlation between the survey and bookings in the first place.

Post edited by Dreamweapon on

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭GentleHumour

No joy yesterday in using the loyalty code. (3 + picnics). When I got through, no option to input code, similar to a lot of peeps.
    Bought the full price instalment tix.

After EP put on their socials yesterday evening that more loyalty tix had been released, I got onto TM to say I never got the prompt for code input. Used their ‘contact us’ chat via their website.

Email from TM this evening to say they have now applied the loyalty discount and will refund the difference on the original amount paid.

100% worth chasing up if you missed out on using your discount code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah but you'll get a knob twiddler and be happy with it!!!

Snarky Snark Snark

knob twiddler = Louis CK

nob twiddler = fatboy slim

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Got two tickets yesterday approx 4.30pm.

Myself and the wife.
    €290 each on a payment plan

Now let’s see what the line up is like

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

They've included Aphex for you @bodhrandude, ya reckon 2025 is the year when himself and Radiohead finally make it? I've asked for My Bloody Valentine again, hopefully they'll pay heed and he'll be subbing to Gavin James next August.

Snarky Snark Snark

what a weird system boards is running on, I corrected the grammar mistake hours ago but anyone who quotes it sees the old text. how bizarre.

A-ha too. Whatever your opinion of them they ain't going on before Dermot Kennedy.

Yesterday was the first time in 10 years I didn't even contemplate buying tickets, got them for this year but sold them early enough.

I've had some great times at EP, highlights too numerous to mention but getting to see 2 secret gigs that will probably go down in the lore of EP was pretty special, Hozier in the OV tent after he had played the main stage and being 10 feet away from a pissed Rick Astley signing Foo fighters and Run DMC, Monkey Shiìtteee.

I wish all who sail in her well

Snarky Snark Snark

They really don't tour here much at all, would be a dream booking but i'd never hold out any hope for it.

Rick Astley on the Salty Dog was just stupendous. I was grinning from ear to ear throughout. As were most people there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Mucker46

I got dragged along kicking and screaming to see them at the O2 in London about a decade ago. Had no expectations at all but they were superb. A good dozen or so hits I'd forgotten, particularly the magnificent Stay on These Roads. Band were ticket but above all Harket's voice is a thing of wonder. They'd be class at EP but of course it won't happen.

• Advertisement

Was at the SD bar when the barman dropped who it was, I went straight to the barrier, dragged my crew up and text my son whose girlfriend was working with Hotpress, I became a hotpress legend for that night.

Advertisement