Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seriously injured 12 year old was unintended victim.

• 21-08-2024 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭

Still can't do links with change of laptop but this is actually a headline from The Irish Independent.

It's a rather unusual slant to put on the earlier reports I've read about 5 masked men attacking targets which included a car, a house and any occupants there in.

Does the person that wrote this headline think we were all hit with slash hooks on the head when we were 12 and if it wasn't meant it is somehow a bit forgivable?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭JPCN1

<Mod Snip> Before the courts

Post edited by Ten of Swords on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Yvonne007

Once you mention "slash hook", we know that we can't talk about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭JPCN1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Still can't do links with change of laptop but this is actually a headline from The Irish Independent.

https://archive.ph/ja39s

Seems someone in the office was paying attention and heard you OP.

The last thing I’d have an issue with in that story is the headline. Obviously the victim wasn’t the intended victim:

The gang were searching for a male who was not present at the scene when the attack began – and the masked men fled the scene when they realised that the child had been injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

The girl seems to be getting better which is good news.. Those ratbags should be hauled before the courts and sent away for a long time but they won't. The circus goes around and around and society has to deal with these degenrates time after time walking out of court smiling.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/12-year-old-injured-in-cork-house-break-in-doing-well-after-surgery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That poor little girl, I hope she will be OK

A feud between warring families in Cork and Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sure it's their culture, and if you say anything you're racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Gusser09

As long as thetmy keep it in the family. Which is unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

They threw something through the window, inadvertently hitting her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Sure five were arrested for brawling at 11:30 mass recently. Culture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Donegal

https://www.sundayworld.com/crime/courts/pictured-five-men-charged-over-alleged-brawl-during-1130am-mass/a1666067589.html

Normal to bring a garden saw to mass

John Paul Reilly, of Tailteann Drive, Windtown, Navan, Co Meath, aged 29, was also charged with threatening and abusive behaviour with intent to provoke a breach of the peace and that he had in his possession a foldable garden saw with intention to cause injury or intimidate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

I'd love if we could get a new prison built to be able to give proper sentences for violent criminals like this (regardless of ethnic background). They are making life a misery for everyone decent who comes near them. I still think of that poor man killed at the funeral in Kerry who didn't want to feud with anyone. The decent man gone and the perpetrators get to live on. And all over them not respecting the wishes of a young girl (his daughter) regarding her choice of husband.

The fact all the same family in Tralee, madness

I think family feud also in Charleville

Gardai have said they now think they know the identity of two of the attackers involved and have appealed to the public for any help they can give to bring those responsible to justice.

The little girl is doing well after emergency surgery for a suspected bleed to the brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

The prosecution were correct to describe what happened as medieval, but the defence objected strongly.

• Advertisement

I doubt they'll grass on their own but I hope they are all caught and charged with attempted murder, that poor girl, traumatised for life

I couldn't imagine that the type of people capable of carrying out something like this would be worried about how others view them. I'd say there's nothing they wouldn't stoop to, grassing on accomplices included.

I don't know if it's connected but it's a huge coincidence and surely be to God whoever is shooting at a moving vehicle from a moving vehicle on a busy road is going to be a top priority for the Gardai to track down.

I read somewhere that the Gardai believe the Charleville attack was in retaliation for an aggravated burglary in Patrickswell that happened on August 9th. In this dawn attack a number of men armed with slash hooks attacked 2 men in the house and one victim received a severe laceration to a hand.

Part of the problem with these incidents is being sentenced to jail doesn't seem to frighten the culprits. I was talking to a lad that was locked up in Cork prison for a couple of weeks not so long ago and he had his own private cell with an ensuite, a phone in the cell (limited to call 2 approved numbers), all the channels on his TV, full gym facilities, workshops, library and a different menu everyday that would rival any decent restaurant. He said all he was short was his girlfriend and he would happily live there for the rest of his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Jail time is water off a duck's back for them, a mild inconvenience. No job to be worried about losing.

Advertisement