Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycling Ireland 2024 road calendar

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

The leinster champs which was 1st September has dropped off the calendar, anyone know if it is cancelled?

It was listed as Dublin so looks like it was never going to be traders cup in the first place and possibly hoping to get another club to host?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭wav1

To the best of my knowledge up to yesterday there is still no promoter for the Leinster Championships.

Munster and Ulster are good to go but nothing boxed off for Leinster or Connaght yet.Dundalk have promoted them for years but not this year.Traders Cup as a stand alone event doesn't appear to be happening either. As per the regulations all the provincial Championships have to take place on the same weekend or probably won't happen.I would like to see them run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Best of luck getting it off the ground this late.

Locally the Tipp Championships didn’t take place this year due to delay after delay or little contact to queries sent to CI for approval, a very frustrating process seemingly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I don't think they have to be the same weekend, but if you take part in one, you cannot ride in any other that year, so having them the same weekend made sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭wav1

They do have to be same weekend for about past 5 years or so.

Fair enough, it's not in the tech regs, just that you can't race more than 1.

Wexford Crit League Round 2 on tonight at half six for underage riders and 7pm for seniors. Free for youths, no license required, Seniors are €5, minimum LC license, route here: https://www.strava.com/routes/3261272834335388608

Charleville 2 Day struggling for two numbers which is a pity, hopefully they get the numbers to go ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

So no Leinster championships? I'd be spit out the back pretty quick but was gonna give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭this.lad

Didn't see this advertised anywhere. How many weeks does it run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ottolwinner

Does anyone have an idea how many races were cancelled this year? Seems to have increased significantly if I’m not mistaken.

Next week is Round 3, senior race only and the week after is the Wexford Crit Champs 2024, and that is it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

No and I should have. I probably peaked around end of April / start of May and I was completely burned out post ras (and didn’t recognise it). Had enough residual fitness to do ok until the start of July but then I essentially needed to take a month off completely.

Felt really good at the Newry 3 day until I blew the lights out of nowhere on stage 2 (dunno what I was expecting given the lack of training). I was training hard since August 2023 so something had to give it’s just not ideal I had to take an off season around now

Enjoying being back on the bike again now even if the fitness wasn’t where it was. I’ll be going to Denmark for the experience and will prob do L’etape in Kerry but my race season is done. Lessons learned for next year but all in all I’ve achieved more this year than I ever thought possible so I can’t not be happy 😃

I'm surprised your coach didn't push for a full week off post RAS as generally riders come off that sick anyway.

You've had a year most wouldn't be capable of so sit back & enjoy these last few weeks before the winter reset from October 1st, Zwift & the gym awaits!

He did I’m just a stubborn bollox 😂

• Advertisement

Delayed mine for 3 weeks so I can relate.

Thought you might race the Masters with fresher legs than most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Cyclocross season around the corner...

Not masters for another 3 years 😁

Although looking at the 40+ category it’ll be as hard as any A1 race!

I might do cross this year for a laugh! It’ll improve my bike handling if nothing else

Bear CX league just went on sale, that corner is only a week away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 hollowlands

Is the license upgrade to A3 usually instant? I'm up to 14 points after the Armagh race yesterday but still listed as A4 on Cycling Ireland. Was hoping to do the Ulster Championship on Sunday.

• Advertisement

You can take it that you are A3 now, just speaks to comms on the day beforehand.

WEXFORD CRIT RACE: So the next race will be tomorrow the 28th of August, hopefully we will improve the time gaps again. There is no youth event this week as the track will be occupied until 7pm. Senior race will start at 7:15pm, 40 minutes + 3 laps, run as a handicap race. Met Eireann is predicting the rain will have stopped and the wind will be greatly reduced this week after complaints last week. Slight change in format as we practice for the Wexford Crit Championships on the 4th September. If possible, wear race numbers.

This is a club league race, there are no CI points on offer.

Big thanks to Wexford County Council who are sponsoring the First Aid support for the race so that we can keep costs down and to encourage cycling in the area. And a big thanks to Wexford Race Course for use of the facilities, please remember not to walk/ride on the horse race track.

Any questions please ask, course is here for anyone who has not done it before:

https://www.strava.com/routes/3261272834335388608

Advertisement