Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 9 Pro/XL

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,259 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone know if 3 trade in partner actually takes damaged phones? I've a Pixel 6 with a dead screen and it's offering €8.80 trade in for it when I pick poor condition and untick the "your device doesn't power on, has screen burn or liquid damage" box.

If I could get the €200 top up bonus on that I'd be very tempted to upgrade to the 9 Pro from an 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

The Google Store have upped their trade in value from 419 to 519 for the 8 Pro (256GB), so you'd pay 700 quid for the device after the refund. I just checked the 9 Pro XL 256 on the Three site and it's 1,049.99
    with a trade in of 496.60 on a 8 Pro (256GB) so they are under cutting the Google Store by nearly 150 quid. That's not bad, I probably would have pulled the trigger if they were offering decent pre-order bundles like they used to (apart from the 2022 disaster of course).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Ryath

T&C say it must be working.

At the very minimum the Device being traded in must:

It must power on/up and hold a charge.

It must be fully functional and must have no software or hardware faults.

First proper technical review I've found. Charging speeds over 15-30 min have improved a nice bit and battery life seems to have improved over the 8. They were using a Samsung 45w charger, google official one may do slightly better. Build quality has improved and fingerprint scanner is way faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,259 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yea I saw that in the T&C's but the trade in offer stays at the €8 price even after unticking the box so just wanted to check.

Will probably hold off until the 10 either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ZZeee

Received my PAYG Pixel 9 from Three yesterday.

Working fine with my other (e)SIMs on 48 and Vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭micks_address

Are 3 offering a 200 bonus on trade in for a pixel pro 9? I've a pro 7 and they offer 190 for it.. I can't chose the I've recently bought a new phone as need IMEI and proof of purchase of the new phone.. do you also get a year ofnl Gemini from 3? I assume if you purchase a pre pay you just chose don't keep my number and dont bother activating the SIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Pinkman

Anyone know much do Three give for a trade in for the Pixel 7 128GB compared to the Google store? Three won't let me check as it requires proof I had already purchased a Pixel 9. By saying I didn't they only offer €136. Google store trade in offers €297 for it. Obviously the Pixel 9 price is only €789 on Three v €919 on Google store though.

Also, if buying on Three and just want the phone unlocked do you still have to select a PAYG plan/SIM and pay for it?

Post edited by Pinkman at

Advertisement