Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband switch deals

1323334353638»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭seanin4711

called sky & at 30 euro PM at the minute - up to 500mb - contract up in less than a month.

they offered 5 euro off,so 55 per month,dropped them like its hot!

vodafone 1gb siro- 35 a month works out(30 6months and 40 subsequent 6).

job done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭creedp

Good deal. That's the exact offer I got for renewing a 500mb contract with 1gb at €45/€55pm. As I said to them your business model is designed to reward customer disloyalty which seems bizarre to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

It must pay them to keep chasing/attracting new customers and hope existing customers just get lazy/comfortable.

I would be more understanding of that approach if the contract would roll over at current rates but if I didn't actively engage with VF to renew my contract I would move onto an out of contract undiscounted rate of €80pm. You'd want to be fairly oblivious of you finances to allow that to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Ah yes, now I remember what Vodafone were like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

For anyone thinking of leaving Eir: I was on the 500Mb plan which was 34.99 when I signed up and now 39.99 with the CPI increase. I just rang Eir to cancel as I was planning on taking Digiweb up on their 1GB Siro plan for 39.99 a month and Eirs counter offer was 34.99 for 12 months and they upped the speed from 500Mb to 1Gb. Yes it includes CPI increase but he did say you're allowed recontract 2 months early which will negate the increase for 2 months roll around next year which I'm happy about. I'm no Eir fan by any means but was shocked by how easy this was and took exactly 20 mins from dialling 1901 to resigning and ending the call so I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭askU

CPI 14% increase is excessive. (5/34.99)

Same issue with Vodafone, the increase was 7.6% but on the undiscounted figure of €75 and not the actual monthly payment of €35

Im trying to decide if worth moving to Virgin Media 1gb from VF 500mb. Both are same price. €460 for 12 month contract. One question would a new VM router perform better than a 2 year old VF router? I'm doubting is the 1gb service will be a noticeable upgrade but maybe worthwhile moving for an updated router. Any views?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Is anyone else who upgraded to eirs 1gb broadband having issues with speed. I'm getting under 200mb. With the 500mb package I had the last 5 years I got 480 consistently.

They reset my modem over their system yesterday as there was a technical issue with their broadband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Sky 500 mbps was €30/month. It got 60/month after 12 months. I called Sky and haggled with them. They agreed for 30/month for 12 months. Quite happy 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭jos22

3 years with VF , first 2 years I contracted and they removed it, 3rd year they just agreed to fixed contract price for the year and since you stay on that price afterwards , told me to just recontract each April going forward to avoid it, If I wished to remain with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭The Helpful Engineer

A sales guy called to my door and convinced me to change my broadband to Virgin from Vodafone to save a few bob every month. But Vodafone cut me off immediately and Virgin have been slow to connect me, so I am without internet all day today and maybe tomorrow. Not sure it's worth the hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Seems to be more to that story. In general switching is not that much hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭banie01

After this ^^^ I had an email on foot of contacting Pure for my UAN which I couldn't find on my account 🤦‍♀️

Offering me a new 12 month deal at €35, same as others her have been offered at renewal. More than happy to accept that and continue with Pure.

Advertisement