Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,088 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I'm sold

In part because of the music choice 🤣

Normally I'm weary of the "here's a song you know slowed down" trope, but Disarm is a hell of a tune

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Looks great!

Also like how the release date is relevant

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It sounds interesting enough but … ach, I have a big barrier and just can't get into that style of anime; something about it rubs me up the wrong way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭tigger123

I'll definitly watch it, but the music choice is a real turn off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Come January, Japanese manga, Sakamoto Days, arrives as part of Netflix's bank of TV shows.https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articles/sakamoto-days-anime-adaptation-release-date-cast-photos-news

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jeremy Saulnier, he of Blue Ruin and Green Room returns with this, which looks like a mix between Rambo and Jack Reacher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Just finished it. It is great stuff. Great set of characters and a great cast.

Season 2 hasn’t been confirmed yet but Rapman has a three seasons planned in total.

Very clever thinking for why people activate at different ages and I like the idea that they can also activate each other by proximity. I don’t why Michael goes to the future though - why can’t he go back and save Dionne? Did his future self tell him it couldn’t be undone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭appledrop

The new season of Emily in Paris has dropped absolutely loving it, but warning it's only for us dedicated Emily fans😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

The Beautiful Game was an easy Sunday morning watch. Fairly predictable apart from the shock of seeing Nidge in goals for England :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The Beautiful Game is more Downton Abbey that your boyfriend will watch without too much protest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,774 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This would would been perfect casting for a live action Lara Croft at one time however we just have to settle for the voice of Hayley Atwell as Lara now.

Tomb Raider: The Legend of Lara Croft. Drops October 10th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭jj880

Untold is back!

New Steve McNair murder episode out today and more to come. Excellent.

As with all the Untold episodes. Well worth watching.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Id set a reminder, looking forward to it it's a good series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭jj880

Senna 2010 back on Netflix. Seen it so many times and will watch again this evening. Superb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,558 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Missed Lost when it was on the tellybox. Never realised it’s a JJ Abrahms show. Sucked in, hook, line and sinker. 😎

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,023 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Watched it for years..... waiting for each new season ..... looking back, it got a bit lost by the end. A pity, as it was great tv for a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Per my avatar, was a big fan back in the day.

May give it a rewatch but think it was solid for 3 - 4 years.

Even in it's later years - when it was good, it was VERY good (e.g The Constant, Through The Looking Glass etc).

But the final year or two was pretty much unwatchable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Looks very topical with wronged black man vs corrupt cops, will go down very well in the US. Looking forward to it 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I wouldn't there is many people that watched Lost a 2nd time.

I know what you mean. I’m on episode 15 of series 1. Still 9 episodes to go. There are some gaping holes in the plot that are starting to annoy me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭furiousox

Watching the Laci Petersen American murder series.

Two episodes done, one to go.

It's ok, fairly watchable.

The usual Netflix murder production.

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,581 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

To be fair, rewatching a long TV show is a very significant time committment - outside of short, one/two season efforts that can be gotten through quickly, I don't think I've ever rewatched even my absolute favourite shows all the way through a second time.

Rewatching a favourite film is a two-hour committment. Rewatching a favourite TV show could be a several month long committment. Life is, alas, too short.

All I can say is.. it was interesting for a couple of seasons but the signs were still there early on and I should've paid more attention to them.

I wish I had never started it;) One episode a week on I think a Monday night on network/rte 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

That reminds me - I must watch Lindelof's The Leftovers and Watchmen again some time soon.

I suppose you're right to a certain extent, I think I've only watched The Wire, Sopranos, Sons of Anarchy, Breaking bad, Love Hate and a few UK mini series a 2nd time.

But do Gloom there a solid and give your honest opinion about Lost.

That post was in reply to Johnny U:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,581 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Lost is good fun - followed it studiously when it was broadcast, stayed up til the wee hours to watch the finale live. It’s silly, full of filler, and the answers rarely live up to the mystery, but it was a phenomenon for a reason. It’s a wild ride. But it’s been 15 years so I can’t provide too much in depth opinion about its in and outs. No idea how much better or worse it plays as a binge watch, as opposed to those of us who waited anxiously for episodes every week and between seasons.

Watchmen is great tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭budgemook

One thing I can say with some confidence is that Lost started better, stayed better and finished better than Sons of Anarchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

For lovers of long form tv, and those of us who have never taken to David Lynch, Lost rather than Twin Peaks was seminal in the ‘puzzle box’ style of hooking and maintaining interest. I binge-watched Lost in between seasons 2 and 3 of The Leftovers, on the strength of knowing it shared the same writer of a such a quasi-seminal show - fully aware of the caveats of its marmite attraction and dodgy/corny unsatisfactory ending. The overall length of Lost is off-putting as a major time investment, as well as its known caveats, but for lovers of the ‘puzzle box’ style, I’d recommend a binge-watch if you’re on a sickie, or even if you don’t mind binge-watching on a dipping in and out schedule.

Also of note is the fact that at the time of airing in 2004, the debut episode was the one of the most expensive television episodes ever produced. 20 years on, it’s been surpassed obviously, but it made a big splash (pun intended) at the time.

• Advertisement

Tried watching Breaking Bad a second time. It was like a different show.

In other news, the four seasons of Brassic have just landed. They’re branded as a Sky series which is a first I think.

Advertisement