Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin Valuation please .. 1861 American

• 23-08-2024 12:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can someone tell me if this coin has any value ? I scanned it ..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Calculator123

It's 1981. You're reading it upside down.

So 25 cents USD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭worded

Thanks I just spoted that before I got to your reply … yes it depends what way you look at it … upside down I was right LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭worded

Ive a bag of coins, UK mostly. Approx 50 Euro in total.

Will anyone buy these off me in Ireland?

Gathering dust

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭advisemerite

There's a few coin buyers on Adverts which I won't link here as I'm not certain they'd want me to but if you place an ad on adverts.ie I'm sure they'll see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭beachhead

I am no expert.The 1960s or before for US coins could be more valuable.I have an 1862 5 cent piece but so well worn I'd say worthless.The UK decimal coins won't be worth unless you have one with a design fault,it did happen a lot with the 20 pence.Very occasionally with the £1 coin.The special issue 50p,£1 and possibly the 10p could be worth seperating.I sold a special issue Scottish £1 that I found in my change in London for £20.Pre 2nd world war UK 2 shilling worth something for their silver content.I don't suppose you are lucky enough to have an English 4 penny piece-a small silver coin.My father had one and lost it.I think it was 1930s but could be very wrong.Check the web for every coin you have once seperated into the different values and decades.Good hunting

• Advertisement
Advertisement