Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

1558559560561562564»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Yeah you can feel a change in the wind. Evenings are getting darker quickly and leaves are starting to fall.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Due to the winter-style weather, I started my Lego Winter Village last night

I have most of the official sets and some other "wintry" sets to go with it; but I missed a few. I've built most of those now from my own parts and buying other parts

The Fire Station was still missing, so I got the parts list and found >900 of the needed parts from my parts wall here - I'd have a few hundred thousand elements - and I'll order the remaining ~200 to finish it off

Doing a test build now to see how critical bits are - I don't bother with every single tree (every set has one) and accessory, I mainly want the buildings - before I order the parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Im in Wexford and the weather was so wild last night that the mobile was rocking a bit. It felt so wintery,we had to turn the heating on.

Then woke up this morning and the Simpsons had their Christmas episode on tv (the one where Bart is baby Jesus).

Looks like it's back to swimming weather today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,677 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Get baking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

^^^^^ Is that Aldi FP ?

Yes, I think they were €6.45 or there abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Behold the first Christmas purchase of 2024!

I was just thinking will there be a Band Aid 40 this year?

When Band Aid 20 came out I remember thinking 20 years ago was ages ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah asked a few weeks ago about the same thing

Maybe Bob and Midge Ure are 'yesterday's' men regarding the music business

Be nice if they did do something for it, maybe a remix of the original and not a new thing with 'today's stars'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Band Aid 30 was comparatively a flop; and singles make even less money now than they did ten years ago so I wouldn't have much expectations for it.

The Range has the Halloween stuff out in full now, which likely means the Christmas stuff is on the container ships from China to follow.

Only got about 20% of the way in to building that Lego set until I hit some critical parts needs, so will do a Bricklink order over the weekend for the obvious bits.

Advertisement