Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bus gates on Bachelors Walk and Aston Quay

1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭Daith

They'll complain about traffic either way. The first few days of the Capel St change got a load of ridiculous coverage about gridlocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭halfpastneverr

Would have made a lot more sense to start the quay changes this week alright, so they can be bedded in before next week when little Sorcha and Oisin absolutely must be dropped directly at the schoolgates in the Qashqai!

I'm just back from a work trip to Copenhagen and it was truly depressing going from the well-designed, implemented, and connected public transport there to the absolute mess that is Dublin. I could get from CPH airport to Copenhagen city centre in 20 mins via the driverless, 24/7 metro there. It took me over an hour in a taxi and 40+ odd quid for the same journey in Dublin. Rounded off by the driver getting in a huff when I went to pay by card!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭VonLuck

I see they've done some new line markings on Bachelors Walk and the south of O'Connell Bridge already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭Daith

Forgot this is actually happening on the Sunday not Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Thomas St? Guinness trucks would be heading for Victoria Quay surely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

We get a real look into the future this weekend with College Green closed off.

Buses on circuitous diversions this evening differnt to the guide on the app, people waiting at stops that won't be served, asking others if they know anything or have the app, tourists trying to stop southbound buses on Westmoreland St trying to go north.

Post edited by dfx- on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,668 ✭✭✭cgcsb

But When it's permanent there'll be proper stops and no confusion

Advertisement