Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where are all the deals on 2nd hand EVs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 Pluto59

Oh great thanks for that info about M3.

Where is best place to buy one? Will definitely keep an eye out.

Why 22 the better one? Because of battery quality.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

battery, ryzen chip, lit 12v battery, all heated etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Would you look MG5 estates? Lot of garages selling off their demos at the moment

Thanks for that suggestion and can take a look at those as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,262 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Have you considered an Ioniq 5? You should be able to pick one up for around 25K. 5 year warranty and 8 year battery warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭joe1303l

€25K will easily get you a small battery Ioniq 5. More desirable 73kWh versions are nearer €30K though and harder to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭McGiver

Probably no worse than the MG4 that the OP is looking to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,183 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

is 120KM the return or is it each way? I have a Ioniq 38 and on weeks im in work its roughly a 60k each way trip, 85% motorway and it comfortably does that 120K return trip. During the summer it uses maybe 45% of the battery for the return trip, which would be recharged in 3 hours over night.

The 38 wouldn't be the biggest car, but bigger than a Kona, similar in size to the leaf (smaller boot though, its depth is probably bigger, but its no where near as tall). Don't think there would be any issues with 2 teenagers fitting in the back.

If your happy enough to go up North, you'd pick a 2022 model for well less than €20k.

Here is a 2022 for just over €16k

https://www.usedcarsni.com/2022-Hyundai-Ioniq-100kW-Premium-38kWh-5dr-Auto-346106257

Or a 2021 higher spec model for just under €16k

https://www.usedcarsni.com/2021-Hyundai-Ioniq-100kW-Premium-SE-38kWh-5dr-Auto-348453289

Both should be suitable for importing to Ireland for free (once they have been in private ownership in the North, basically there is a persons name on the log book). Remainder of the warranty should apply on both of them too.

Just a warning that it would definitely would have higher service costs than your Leaf (something to enquire into about all the cars your looking at). Ioniq 38 need to be services every 15Km or one year, and some of the services can be expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,262 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I have an Ioniq 5 and had an ID3 and both were around the same efficiency wise, maybe 5% worse.

ID3 was actually worse in winter but that was because the battery heater kicked in the whole time but this has been sorted since with an update.

• Advertisement

Hi we are still interested in the MG4 for €24,500 in Dublin.

But I see a Tesla Model 3 2021

75 kWh with 28,000 km for €25,000 on sale now. Only thing it's white. But I guess we could live with that.

Seems a good deal.

Or not.

The MG4 seems a safer buy??

We have to make our minds up by weekend.

I don't think we will be travelling up north for a car.

The Tesla isn’t particularly cheap but it has low mileage. I’d be more tempted by this one below if I really wanted one. I don’t see a lot of value in a newish MG4 and I’d be concerned on it’s resale value whenever you go to move it on. At €25K, I still think a used ID.4 is a better option.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/37126919

I looked at that other Tesla already and it's sold. It was a deal and sold immediately.

Ok we will test drive an ID4 before making our minds up.

Actually we plan to hold onto the car for a long time so not too worried about resale value.

Maybe ID3 also might be an option again.

Thanks and we will try to test drive one in next day or two.

The smaller battery in ID4 is fine also for our needs.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22 routetoot

Does that mg4 have a reversing camera?

Good question and I don't think so. It is up in bluegate car store and we reserved it so I am thinking we might lose deposit now.

We actually have not test drove it yet. They are taking forever to do a finance deal and will not knock off anything off the price.

It is 24,495.

It would suit us to get a car in the west as we need to travel to Dublin but deals are up there it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭crl84

Excite is the base model without reversing camera, heated seats, heated steering wheel, 360 camera and some iflther stuff. Exclusive is the higher trim with those.

Not sure if that's much of a deal if its the Excite. They were 29k On The Road new (€27495 before fees).

Could get a brand new 242 one for 26k recently feom dealers with their EcoBoost trade-in offer....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

@OP Have you looked at the current model Leaf at all or the Renault Megane E-Tech?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Yes it's €4000 difference between 2023 and 2024 basic model.

Yes it's the basic model.

Probably not a deal so.

Ok will have to do some serious thinking now as getting confused and need a 2nd car by next Wednesday the latest.

Not really interested in another Leaf so haven't looked at them.

I haven't looked at Renault Megane E-Tech either.

Is it a good car?

Thanks

Actually thinking about it now and maybe I could trade in my 2016 leaf 30 KW for 62 KW one.

But would still need a 2nd for runaround.

I was kinda steering away from the leafs as we wanted a different car.

• Advertisement

If a small battery ID.4 works for you, Jensen in Dublin have one well priced at €18950. Nearer the west, Michael Moore in Athlone has a top spec 1st edition big battery version for €23950. Michael Moore would be easy to deal with for finance through VW bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mr chips

Would it be worth putting a used Kia eNiro on the shortlist at that sort of budget? Similar size/internal space as an MG4 (i.e. bigger than a Kona), seems to have better kit than the base model MG, much longer range with the 64kWh battery and a full 7 year warranty from new on everything, not just the battery & drivetrain. Means that a 3 year old version with average mileage will still have 4 years of warranty left.

Like this one with 71k km in Kildare - https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/kia-e-niro-eniro-long-ev-pe/37604432

Thanks for those recommendations and I will check them out in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Awe OK.

Yes the Megane E-Tech is a good car but the cheapest I seen was €28,000 so maybe outside your budget.

Awe OK understandable.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Thanks for all those suggestions and I checked them and mileage seems high.

I did spot a nice ID3 2022 ID3 Life 58 KW

€23,850

17,239 km

All ID4s have much higher mileage. But still looking.

Something might pop up tomorrow on Done deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,586 ✭✭✭✭fits

if it were me, I’d look for a higher spec ID.3 and worry less about the mileage.

Hi yes we will go to a dealer today in Galway to test drive an ID4 and ID3.

Now we are serious thinking about a model 3 also.

I see this one was added recently to Done Deal.

White 2021 Tesla Model 3

79,000 km

€26,200

Model 3 for sale. Owner buying new model. Super condition. Has been checked top to toe by Tesla Technicians and everything is working perfectly. Suspension shocks have been replaced. New tyres. Priced to sell

Is it a good buy?

I checked Graham Walker website and all more expensive.

We don't want to go over 26,500.

But maybe better to just focus on VW now as Tesla more expensive.

Head is wrecked and hoping to get something in next few days.

Thanks again for your feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭allinthehead

I think the warranty on that M3 is 4 years or 80k. Have you driven one yet? Suspension is very firm but they're great to drive. Not everyone likes the minimalist design of the interior, they're a bit bland.

☀️

Oh I didn't realise only 4 years warranty.

Thanks for that and that rules out the car for us.

No never test drove one but we like the minimalist look.

We are test driving VW and MG today and will decide then.

I would worry about Tesla repairs as well if anything went wrong.

We don't want to go over the budget either if possible.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭allinthehead

M3 Lr battery and drive unit warranty is 8 years or 192k.

☀️

Advertisement