Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

1269270271272273275»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Its not a bad lock. My new hobby is lockpicking so I'll always take an interest in any locks mentioned on boards.

Provided you have enough meat in the locking system to prevent the lock being attacked with bolt cutters you've done about as much as you can. Very few thieves if any will look at a lock in terms of how easy it is to pick (unless its stupid easy).

If you lost the key and called out a locksmith they would just cut it off with an angle grinder ;-)

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

i have this lock and its sturdy

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Lock picking as a hobby ?!?!

It's for a teenagers bike that is cheap enough, not sure that type of bike is targeted often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Just google locksport but its not made it to the olympics yet ;-)

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

a sturdy U-lock is fine for a cheapish run-around bike - there's so many nice bikes locked up with crap cable locks, bike thieves will generally go for whatever is the quickest to remove. Crap-looking bike with a half decent lock is as theft proof as you can get, just make sure to lock up next to a better looking bike with a worse lock.

personally I wouldn't lock a decent bike on the street in Dublin with any type of lock; even if the lock is really resistant to attack you run the risk that some gurrier will have a go anyway and damage the bike in the process (or just steal your components).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Came here looking for a bargain, but got locked instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭Nollog

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2057168220/booze-deals-megathread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭jj880

Just a note on the Xiaomi Poco C range. They are the absolute bottom of the pile spec wise. I would say a very slow phone with very slow memory. The price is attractive for a 8gb/256gb model but unless you are looking for a very basic slow moving handset I would avoid the C range. Pocos go from C up to M to X to F models for higher spec. Id advise to try for 6gb/128gb model and move up to M / X or a Redmi if budget allows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭con747

@Seattle I'd be surprised if it would take that long for the phone to be delivered. The other thread is a no chat thread. It's decent value for a budget phone and you can check the specs on Kilmovil.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-poco-c65

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 Seattle

Thanks. It's just when I initiate an order, it gives a delivery date of mid October which I found a bit odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭con747

I'd hope it wouldn't take that long but there's no guarantee I suppose.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

The famous D lock was due to arrive yesterday...is now Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭drury..

I doubt that somehow unless you're comparing it to an iPhone 17

If i recall the antutu was about 240

Those fones are fine for general use. Looks like the res might be low and 5G? , it has NFC

It's those things I'd be checking on cheaper fones

Just making sure people are aware of what they are buying. Its a bargain if you dont care about the lower spec. The screen is abysmal and it has the same cpu as a redmi 9 from 4.5 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭Wossack

my wife has a xiaomi redmi (note 12) and it’ll be the last xiaomi phone we buy.. constant issues with it, from alarms not going off, to frequent and now consistent issues with any form of online purchase that requires verification

We have 6 Xiaomis between us, my parents and my wife's parents. Never a days bother. No problem with revolut, EBS and BOI apps. Great value for money. Closest we have to your wife's would be redmi note 11 pro 5g. Honestly I think if you can you should get it replaced. Sounds like you have a dud. Is it under warranty?

Advertisement