Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIP approved for 228k as single applicatant. Need help with HTB and FHS

• 25-08-2024 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

I have a 40k deposit saved up so lets say 268K at the moment is my max budget for second hand dwellings.

There's new builds going for 320K near enough to me.

If I use the HTB scheme that would add 30K to my max budget so 268K + 30K = 298K

If I was to use the first home scheme that would mean 20% of the property price so would increase my budget to
    298k+(320/20)=298K+64k=362k

So lets just say i keep my deposit out if it for the moment which would be 322K.

I could use my 40K deposit to overbid to 362k? Would that be correct?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5 boardanon6969

FHS and HTB are for new builds ONLY. There is no bidding on new builds. Its a fixed price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5 boardanon6969

Keep in mind solicitor fees for a 362K new build with HTB & FHS will probably run you in total between stamp duty, land registry etc up to 6000-7000 euros. New builds typically also need flooring put in, blinds/curtains etc so add a few more thousand for that. To be in more in condition you should expect between the legal stuff and that 10000 euro or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 Bielsa2020

You can only use HTB if your mortgage is at least 70% of the house value so a mortgage of €228k would limit you to a max purchase price of €325k if you want to use HTB

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Murt2024

So 228+40(Deposit)+30(HTB) = 298K would realistically be my max budget with HTB at the moment.

What if I included the first home scheme? How would that work out?

I presume that would make up the extra 27K if needed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 Bielsa2020

Correct. But I’d recommend talking with a financial advisor or broker. You might be better off using just 32.5k of your savings for the deposit and use FHS for the difference. You’ll need cash for your solicitor, stamp duty and start up costs for a new home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Murt2024

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Rita57

like above I would suggest a mortgage advisor in a brokers would be best as they are used to these application questions and situations

Advertisement