Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Can't compete with Ipswich for Jack Clarke, that's what you get for taking your eyes off the prize

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ipswich are spening too much on most of their buys. Not going to help our attempts to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

He was in a club that got relegated so it’s fair to make some allowances for the number of goals/assists as consistently fighting a rearguard action. No allowances for too many yellows though.

Hopefully we’re not panic buying, but I’m not confident that’s not the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Largie confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

This is a bit of a kick in the nuts to be honest, if we were seriously looking at him and he " was open to the move " as was reported. Losing out to Ipswich is pretty grim but it is the price you pay for not going up.

We seem to have missed out on a lot of lads we were reportedly interested in if everything you read is to be believed, The Chelsea defender who went to Burnley, the Palace winger who went to Sheffield United, and now Rowe and Clarke too.

Makes you wonder if we're going in on the cheap which is probably the case.

Read a good one on Twitter during the week.

Something along the lines of that we think we're a big club but realistically, the only thing big about us these days is the fan base.

Still,beat the Wendies tonight and all will be rosy in the garden again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Apparently we won't agree to loan conditions from PL clubs who demand certain game time, which would explain a lot.

Clarke was £15M plus add-ons to go to £20M, plus he'll be on PL wages. Do we really need to go there again, overpaying for players?

Only three keepers in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Didn't take long to reach the day we'd(yeah I'll speak for us all) be happy to see Aaronson starting! Obviously want him to do well, but shocking to be at this point

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Presumably Bamford is injured, he's not even on the bench.

• Advertisement

2 brilliant crosses from DJ so far. Bogle giving mares in defence. Great going fowsrd, though

The ref doesn't like Willie.

Get innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Yeow, cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Get in ya good thing

Great finish, Aaronson.

Very encouraging first half, lots to like there. Aaronson is showing why he's our best option at 10. Our pressing is very effective. Bogle still has to settle in but he's working hard. Given time you can see a lot of goals coming from our fullbacks but obviously it does mean Gruev and Ampadu need to provide cover when moves break down.

As an aside Hinchcliffe really is some bluffer, talks an awful amount of shite.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

that was a gorgeous goal going from one end to the other

On the match day squad, apart from Bamford and Wober (is he also injured?), are we missing anyone else? It shows just how threadbare the first team squad is.

That's another brilliant goal. What play by Joseph and what a cool finish.

• Advertisement

Class

That’s some goal. We should have been playing balls like that to him for years. Didn’t need the booking, though

I like how Joseph is lot more direct, he'll take quicker shots if at edge of box, but then just allows James pace do everything there. Perfect ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Joseph is a real handful for anybody, strong as an ox and wont stop hassling.

Clearly need more depth but that was a decent performance.

Yeah Joseph could have a bright future ahead of him. Strong, good touch, good with both feet, let's hope he can replace a lot of the goals that we sold this summer.

Once we got the second this evening it was comfortable. They never really looked like they had the quality to break us down. Our full back and winger combinations worked really well together, James and Bogle on the right, Gnonto and Firpo on the left. Good to get a win and a second clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Neewollah

There we are now....3 games unbeaten. What's all the fuss about 🙈

Farke confirmed in the interview there that we can expect a few more signings in the coming days so plenty of reasons to be positive.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Manor Solomon from Spurs coming in on loan apparently. Another attacking option. Having a medical today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Some not happy about that one because he's Isreali

More because he's not backward about putting his opinions up on SM.

Not a player I’d want at Leeds with his gung-ho support of genocide. The protests ain’t going to derail the move alas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

We only have him for a season, and if he puts a cork in it about politics and just plays well whenever he is asked to, Ill be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

I remember being torn apart when I used to tell people Aaronson is the best player we had with the greatest potential, ridiculed.

People are starting to see it now

• Advertisement

You can't bring politics into it. If politics was going to deter you from supporting a player then there would be very few reason to follow soccer or any sport as a whole.

It’s the player, Solomon, who has brought politics into it. And this ain’t basic politics, this is the condoning of a massacre where so far 21,000 children have been murdered. If we’d signed a Russian nationalist or an Afghan Taliban supporter there'd have been a huge furore. It’s enormous double standards that he’s even allowed to play when Russians are banned.

Anyway It’s a fait accompli, won’t be reversed and I don’t want to derail the thread with it. I just believe there’ll be a lot of conscientious Leeds fans unhappy with this, particularly in Ireland.

Double standards in everything, you either disagree with with all or you get on with it.

it seems like it has fallen through anyway. Not announced after medical yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

it baffles me how people can be so confident and gung-ho on their judgment of players because the player has a certain belief on the players own actual direct environment, country, life etc when most of these people have never even been close to such a environment, right or wrong (or maybe no one is right) why would it even matter, how on earth does someone’s personal views affect anyone, it’s so crazy how people jump on their high horse

• Advertisement

I always said he was good and I thought he was going to light up the league but I will admit he tapered off a lot and didn’t seem to have the physical strength but I didn’t have the hatred some people had towards him, him going out on loan was logical, it was insane how upset people got…lol This season could be a fantastic year for him, could really take his game to a higher level and show his worth. It’s the perfect opportunity for him in my opinion, I think Farke is an exceptional coach and could really turn him into a brilliant player

Read his social media stuff. It’s not some small contentious electoral stuff but his support for an ongoing ICJ-identified genocide. 21k children killed.

What would be the reaction if we were to sign a Russian striker posting support for their forces bombing Pokrovsk?

Couple of things. A lot of people on here said he was good, myself included. A number of us also said he could really shine this season. Bear in mind we're talking about the championship here, it's not the PL. He still has a long way to go to be considered good enough for the PL. There are always people who will criticize players and say they're crap. Look at the abuse Firpo got on here with only a few of us defending him, now he's one of the best fullbacks in the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Not everyone cares, probably a majority don't care …if you can accept that and move on talk about sport and politic in politics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Every player has their level. After that, a player will click in a club, and sometimes they won't.

So many should fit a particular level, but just don't click. There can be fine margins, and crowd appreciation go a long way towards the players happiness.

So above all, a player needs to want to come to Leeds. Hopefully this coming week will bring in a gem or two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

It's starting out as a season of Draw's, which for us keeps us in touch

I wouldn’t care less to be honest, it’s literally just a job they have with their clubs, anyone offended by their beliefs is more of a reflection on that person than the player

In this instance their beliefs are that it’s okay to kill 21,000 children. It ain’t hard to be offended by that.

It all looks like a pointless discussion as the medical was on Saturday and nothing has been confirmed since. That suggests that either he failed the medical or something else went wrong in the negotiations as there is no way it would take this long to complete the deal. Once again you would have felt that Phil might have kept us a bit more informed on what was happening here. As for his beliefs and all that, we're owned by Americans so I think we already separate the politics of people involved in the club from what happens on the field. It would be somewhat hypocritical of us to take issue with one individual player but as I said, it all seems moot now anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement