Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭cml387

Rescue 117 has been circling the town for some time. Not a good sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

woman in the river since 6am apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,816 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Very sad news, named locally but not naming here for obvious reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Fully agree. The Gas house bridge is reduced to one narrow lane each afternoon as they park their SUVs on both sides of the road ignoring double yellow lines because you can't have little Serenity and Rosamund walking.

But the guards can't do anything because every barrister and solicitor in the town have their daughters in the Lor. If they dared to enforce the traffic laws around there GSOC would be up their hole like a ferret on acid.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭geriatric

Looking to service a gas boiler. Any recommendations for someone in the Clonmel area who'd do this for me please? And a rough idea on the price. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Woodcutting

On what basis would they complain to GSOC and about which Gara? . To get a complaint to GSOC you would have complain to a garda first, get his name and make a specific complaint if not happy with the reply. You can't complain the gardai per se.. And you can not complain the Garda to GSOC for enforcement of law

Why not try complaining. Someone said they could park in the free park. That is always nearly full, a couple might fit but not all. I agree they should not be there but where else could they go.?

Post edited by Woodcutting on

@geriatric

Probably about 60 euro for a service assuming it was OK. If he found problems it would depend on what needed fixing

No names, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Recliner

We were driving past the plaza shortly before the remembrance service today when someone pulled out in front of us at the roundabout. It was literally mm's away from a crash. I was so shaken, and all I could think of was how awful it would have been for the family members to have to witness the aftermath of that today considering what what they have been through. The person who crossed in front of us was totally oblivious to us in traffic. We were on the roundabout and they just pulled straight out. I know accidents happen but surely it's basic knowledge to look to your right at a roundabout. It really upset me.

speaking of roundabouts but people in the right lane at the Cashel Road one who instead of heading towards Cahir meander back across the roundabout and go straight towards town down the Cashel Road is a daily occurrence and also an accident waiting to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭geriatric

Thanks, €60 ish not bad. I was expecting over €100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,834 ✭✭✭✭klose

Chris Ahearne or John Cairney for your gas boiler needs, getting them though is a problem, super busy all the time.

another shout out for Chris Ahearne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

That is legal though, no markings on the road so the left lane can go left and straight on and the right lane can go straight on and right.

Well they could try the novel approach of walking! Parking on both sides of the bridge is just wrong and shouldn’t be tolerated.

you sure on that? If legal it’s very dangerous and at odds with the general etiquette and rules on roundabouts.

Yep, if no markings you can come straight down cashel road hill and go straight, its a continuation of the same road. I do it when I get caught in the mix up of Abbot / Boston Scientific traffic, mostly going left at the roundabout - so I deviate into the right lane but go straight through (I do indicate off the roundabout). IMO most people have no idea how to enter and and leave a roundabout and the car signals to use - they indicate right when they are going straight? crazy. You enter a roundabout and you indicate off it, unless you are taking the first immediate left, in which case you indicate before entering it. simple really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Ceepo

This...

All this was brought a while ago in this thread…I can't find it right now as the search function is muck..

The approach to the roundabout has absolutely NO direction arrows and is not signed posted. If fact on the approach roads there isn't even a left and right lane. There is not a white line to segregate traffic approaching from Cashel or Fethard rd, instead people just stay to the left or right of the road.

Just fyi the Fethard rd roundabout is similar except coming out from town where it is marked and signed posted.

this would be my interpretation also but I take the point about no lines on the road. People starting in the left and meandering across the roundabout and nearly causing a collision is a regular occurrence though.

IMO regardless of lines on a 4 exit roundabout the “left” lane is used for the first and 2nd exits, anything else is dodgy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭chooseusername

You indicate left or right before the roundabout, unless you’re going straight on. In all cases you should be indicating left when about to leave the roundabout. If going straight on and there is only one lane on your exit you enter the roundabout in the left lane unless road markings or signs say otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭tommiet

Parked the car in Mary street car park at the weekend, barriers were up and the ticket machines were off and covered up. Does anyone know what's going on, free parking.?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Deminiman

The barriers are broken and the company that manufactured them are gone out of business. So they have to install a completely new system. It’s quite a big job, there’s underground cables connecting them all. An expensive job also.

There is a rumour that it’s because people were being harassed at the ticket machine but that’s not why they are left open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭julyjane

Only this afternoon someone cut me off at the Cashel road roundabout. I was coming from the fethard side going straight on and was already on the roundabout and they came from the town side and went left barely even slowing down. I was behind him then and he was aggressively tailgating the traffic he got stuck behind for all of 20 seconds and didn't seem to have much patience. I said to my passenger don't worry I bet he's taking the next right anyway and sure enough he was. I was probably lucky not to be hit in more ways than one but sometimes it's just a matter of accepting that people are going to do stupid things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭bmc58

Go that route every weekday collecting brother from Abbot.I'ts insane at times.It's hard to watch the clueless around you.

from the above though it doesent seem clear though given the lack of road markings who is in the wrong?

Most of us did it when we had children in the Loretto.Look the other way for once and let life go on.It's clear in 15mns.

Now I heard it was because "beggars" were agressivly hassling people at Peter and Pauls entry point(not sure if it's true though).

I stay left if going towards Waterford or town,right lane if I'm going to Cahir.I'm pretty sure thats the correct way.If (touch wood) I was hit by someone switching lanes on the roundabout going the other way I'd prefer that if the Gardai had to be called.

Post edited by bmc58 on

• Advertisement

Doesn't it depend on whether the straight ahead exit, the Cashel Road to town in this case, is before or after 12 o' clock

Advertisement