Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oasis Reunion. Its finally happening😱

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭xyz13

Bien faire et laisser dire...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,440 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Tomorrow will likely be dates, but always worth having account and card details in your TM account (or maybe not after the hack). Dates may not even include ireland...yet I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

My first preference would be to see them in Manchester, then Wembley, then wherever else they play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Wooderson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

If they do reform (Looking more and more likely) and do Glastonbury, it will really be just as a f*ck you to Elton John and Coldplay. To try to draw a bigger crowd than them. Those drone shots looked epic on BBC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭watchclocker

You're better having everything set up in advance

TM can be finicky and often reports of people having tickets in their basket then getting errors on checkout so if you can have your account already set up and logged in and have a card added - eg a revolut disposable card and the money in your revolut account, you'll minimise the risk

I doubt they'll be on sale tomorrow have heard rumours of Friday and I doubt Ireland will be included but I won't be chancing waiting for an Irish date just in case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Yep the Croke Park talk is early days yet without any announcement. The noise so far has been about gigs in Wembley and Heaton Park.

If Ireland isn’t included in any first announcement I’ll do my best to aim for Wembley. Saw The Stone Roses there in 2017 and it was good fun.

You’re probably talking Friday at the earliest for tickets being released? I wouldn’t expect anything to go on sale tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Indoor gigs are way better and you don't have to worry about the weather and huge day tripper crowds. Imagine if they did one in Vicar Street ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,794 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Worked with a guy years ago in a supermarket.

Big Oasis/Stone Roses/the Verve etc fan.

Oasis haircut and styled sideburns.

Had the Liam monkey walk down to a t.

Even while stocking shelves he would be giving it loads.

Would arrive into work in a big green parka with furry hood, even during the height of summer.

Would use “Madchester” slang even though he was from Offaly.

1 time in the work canteen someone asked him if he wanted a scone or anything for his 11 break - his reply “nah, all I need is cigarettes and alcohol”

Complete plonker.

• Advertisement

Offaly/Manchester accent mix would be music to the ears!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭lukin

I was a massive Oasis fan back in the 90's, I went to almost every gig they played in Ireland. But I'd have no interest in seeing them again now. No point pretending you are 23 again when you're not.

Realised I had a TM account but couldn’t remember password so just fixed that. I have revolut but never used it so gonna transfer money into it just incase. Have my kids in Oz prepped that I WANT TICKETS! Their entire office (including their boss 😂) will be in Operation Oasis mode.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭ledwithhedwith

Give us a flavour of some of your fav bands out of interest?

Well this is pretty huge gig news, something people have been anticipating for years and years. Oasis would have been my first "favorite" band as a kid growing up in the 90s. It's hard to fathom how absolutely huge they were at the time.

The scramble for tickets for this one will be insane. Id prefer a slane gig to a croke park one, because awful and all are the facilities there, the venue itself is far nicer looking than a stadium in Dublin. Slane took this year off as well so it makes sense to me. Also nice to avoid horrific Dublin hotel prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,673 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Not really my thing back in the day*, so I won't be getting in front of anyone at the queue for tickets, however I fully understand the significance of this reunion for a lot of people my age, so hope they put on a great show and everyone has a whale of a time…

*I do have the "(What's The Story) Morning Glory?" album, and even though I wouldn't really consider myself an Oasis fan, that album is an absolute banger from start to finish. (I must give it a listen again)..

These will be the hottest tickets in town next year…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭argentum

Cant see them doing Glastonbury if its only for the money since they'd only get 10% of what they can get in Wembley and it seems to be all about the money

Noel is down 20 million from his divorce and he see's how well Liam is doing on his tour for Definitely Maybe and needs to make the big bucks on What's the story tour next year before Liam does.

Its also the reason I think they'll play Croke Park rather than Slane. Multiple nights instead of just One in a field

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭COH

Never got a chance to see them in their pomp - was too broke in my teens (90s) and for whatever reason it just never lined up in my 20s...

Am beyond excited for this - but suspect no matter how many dates they announce the clamour for tickets will be like nothing we have seen before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well, I never got the chance to see them in their prime. I know they are very hit-and-miss (Everyone I know who has seen them has seen them multiple times and said they can be great or simply phone it in). Let's assume something like 5 at Wembley and 3 elsewhere (Heaton Park, maybe a couple of others) then, they'll probably play a blinder on one of the Wembley Stadium nights and a blinder at Heaton Park and phone in the rest.

I mean it really will be a cash-n-dash. As others have said, even if they DID announce a date in Croker, there is no point in trying. Would try for Wembley instead

Maybe they are just announcing rerelease of Definitely Maybe and What's The Story…. The Gallagher cuts. 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I doubt it will be as low as €100. Pearl Jam was about €130. Ac/Dc €150. Coldplay/Taylor Swift - extortionate amounts of cash. I'd say the Oasis tickets will be at least €140 anyway. It may go on this dynamic pricing thing and "platinum tickets".

It would be great if they could be many nights in 3Arena. Would be some atmosphere. Croke Park is grand but it can be more about the party and the night out than about the music. I think this is one gig that I will go the extra mile and splash out for gold circle.

• Advertisement

Slane has hosted multiple nights before, albeit with bigger gaps obviously, but I get your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

Starting at £100 over in the UK by the sounds of it.
    What were AC/DC, Taylor Swift, Coldplay?

Expect the tickets to be in the same range I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Its a fomo/nostalgia event. Good for young lads that want to chuck rockshore in the air singing "DLBIA" with their mates.

Saw them in 96/00/02/04. Even in 1996 they had become lumpen but still had swagger. The other 3 shows all hugely forgettable dirges. Two girls from college saw them in the Tivoli. Serious stuff. Before they got the bags in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭HBC08

Oh dear...

I'm a massive Oasis fan and they influenced me a lot growing up and in bands,maybe my biggest influence growing up.

To say they're the biggest band the UK and Ireland have ever seen is just dumb.They aren't by any metric,they might be in the top 10.

I'd say that yank in the pub was running to get out of there after 20 mins of listening to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭ledwithhedwith

this is fantastic hahahah , wonder how he turned out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The thoughts of having to stand in a field in god knows what weather is off putting, not to mention getting there and back again.

A set of gigs in a venue like Croke Park makes for a better experience.

Jaysus imagine getting cornered by such a dose while trying to enjoy a pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

would remind you of the lads from Ireland who constantly refer to Liverpool and Manchester as we and chant you manc bastards in scouse accents in their local pub.

Wishful thinking I know but if all those “influencers/content creators” could fook right off from these gigs then it would make my day.

I just wanna be beside other oldies reliving their youth, ta very much! 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Advertisement