Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE recruitment Freeze

• 20-08-2024 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi. Have any admin staff been offered roles within the HSE since the recruitment pause was lifted? I was placed on a panel September 2023 and I have yet to hear anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭robinbird

Nope.. Awaiting decision from on high. Panels expire after one year..Safe enough to assume it will be extended but they won't confirm that one way or the other if you ask. A lot of people on panels in limbo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭I am me123

Same. On a panel for a CO position with TUSLA since April, and have heard no updates since.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Daveod94

Thanks for the reply. I'm in the same. Panel expires in a month but they won't confirm if it will expire or be extended when I reach out. It's a pain not knowing if you will get an offer or not.

At least we are all the same boat. The recruitment pause doesn't seem to have ended in practice.

There has been little clarity or movement since the recruitment freeze was announced to have ended on July 15th. Hopefully there will be some update when decision makers get back from their holidays next month..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 ireland109

It’s frustrating not knowing whether it’s a case of ‘when’ offers will be emailed out vs ‘if’ they will… considering they have a recruitment ceiling per region I’m guessing they can’t offer everyone on panels jobs.

There should be a backlog of positions to be filled as well as those on panels that are no longer interested so everybody on existing panels should get offer. However if there are new recruitment campaigns then that might mean they intend to expire existing panels and replace them with new panels..A lot of unknowns.

From reading online it seems that thousands of posts up to the end of 2023 have been lost. They will probably fill whatever vacancies became available after that but it depends how many of the backlog is approved or not as its down to the funding they have.. I hope we get some clarity soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Despite the freeze being lifted we still cannot advertise externally for posts. We need approval and it's only for certain positions and that still includes nuses. We have been told it's to do with the national headcount. So I wouldn't be expecting a sudden surge next month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭JesseJane

I'm in admin in the HSE and I've noticed I'm receiving a few emails re internal admin posts. I'm waiting for 4s or 5s in my area so I'm a lot more confident now that they will come up as I'm anxious to move up.

• Advertisement

Looks like eliminating any position vacant at the end of Dec is an issue.. As is the increased use of agency staff.

https://www.thejournal.ie/staff-hired-during-hse-recruitment-freeze-6468956-Aug2024/

interesting line from the article “We were asked last week to give our top 10 clinical priorities for posts that need to be filled”.
    Sounds like they very limited in their numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Caoimhe2

I am on a grade v panel and I got expression of interest 3 weeks ago let's hope things start moving soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭JesseJane

Hopefully Caoimhe. I have seen 5s 6s 7s etc advertised I'm hoping 4s are next. Nobody seems to know though so one can only hope

Is this all internal job movement? I don't work in public so not sure how it works. Surely they will need external panels soon if there is a lot of internal movement.

External panels are already in place for many positions. But they might decide to have new recruitment campaigns to set up new panels to replace the existing panels..

I would assume new panels will be created only after existing panels have expired.. would make very little sense to start a new campaign with the existing ones still active. But that’s just my assumption

People on here are in different situations..HSE panels are initially for one year but can be extended..Most of the panels formed over last year and a half would not have been used yet because of hiring freeze. Once recruitment starts again HSE could use these panels to fill vacancies. Or they could expire them and have new recruitment campaigns to form new panels.

Advertisement