Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭noahungry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,890 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who think the time you've arranged to meet is a reasonable guideline for when they should be aiming to leave the house 😡😡😡

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Rain in the West of Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Well there's a rainfall warning in place for tonight! Did you pack your dinghy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

About to buy a brother laser printer. I had one before and it was great, was 10 years old and worked out of the box with linux, windows, Mac.

But just looked at the negative reviews for the new printer and found that it doesn't support MacOS very well, and confirmed same on Reddit. No printer drivers. Have to print via some dodgy app, and the quality is awful.

How can a printer not support a major operating system in 2024 ?

After all this time. 🤣🤣🤣

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,451 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

My new mattress was supposed to come today. Was waiting here all day for it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,473 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

bad gateway for boards . I was in a bit of a panic

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I decided to take my ZZZ pills early to sleep , but seemingly I only got up at 4.30pm so no luck , 😡😡 and I’m still here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Are you sure it's an earworm and not a bed bug? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,491 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Passed through a town that had a big old drapery shop that had a lovely blue and gold mosaic facade dating back to 20s or 30s but now some euro shop outfit have taken it over and coveted it all up with gaudy plywood and vinyl. Is there anyone to complain to? The whole town is being uglified and generified year on year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,890 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People on the bus in puffa coats and scarves. I know it's raining but it's also 20 degrees, like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Waiting in Aldi queue for several minutes to buy a handful of items as there's generally just one till open, and the operator refusing to open a second till, even when the queue is quite long. Then when it comes time to pay with card, you can be randomly asked if you've enjoyed your shopping experience, yes or no(number 6 or 8 on the keypad).

What really annoys me, is so many times the staff member will turn the screen around to themselves and ask me the question, or often will enter yes without even asking. I hate it, the screen is asking ME, not them. And I feel under pressure to say yes, even though it hasn't been a good experience, not least because of that. But I don't want to say anything because I shop there almost daily.

And for the record, when I do get to respond myself on the rare occasion, I just back out of it by pressing X.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

This ambulance chasing little cockbag of a solicitor that keeps popping up on my TikTok feed. I’ve repeatedly told the TikTok algorithm that I have no interest in him but he keeps popping up with new videos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I very rarely withdraw cash from ATMs but today when I need some, it seems my card is faulty (fine for tap) grrrr

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭Archeron

In dublin today around Hardwick street, and seeing a woman picking through large domestic bins on the street looking for cans and bottles.

Not sure if the most depressing part is that about a third of the content of the bin is now on the street, or that she had a colleague in training, a little girl of about seven to whom she was handing the slime covered treasure.

Its so utterly sad to see little children involved in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,505 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Walked to the shops because i needed milk. Picked up a couple of items i seen while i was there. Did i pick up milk? did i f…

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,730 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

late lunch out… company I was with “ I need to put it back about 30 minutes I have to stop at a garden centre on the way and pick up compost “

Pub is great, food, service, ambiance, costal views, staff all just the best, but the one thing which this individual knows since we go there… towards the last 30-45 minutes of the lunch service… they tend to run out of certain menu items….

Get there, eventually, and predictably there isn’t a great choice left. 🙄 . My favourite…pepper burgers which are unreal, gone….

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭mikemac2

edited out

Post edited by mikemac2 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,730 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Actually, what is a TA of mine is the puffer coat with shorts combo merchants.

How the sweet fûcking thundering jeebus can it be cold enough necessitating that coat, but at the same time warm enough for shorts, someone explain it because…. a lad local around here and it’s his default ‘style’… dyed mullet, tache, puffer coat, shorts, converse low tops ( never with socks )… 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People on Linkedin who hide their surnames (all you see is an initial like Stephen M.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Yeah I'm wondering if they genuinely don't feel the cold on the bare legs at this stage or not.

Reminds me of this, and hey if it works for herons…

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Paddy Power bantz

My my circadian clock is all out of whack . 12 am to 4.30 am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Deregos.

I have splits in the soles of my DM's work boots, so when I'm walking around they make meow sounds . . The noise is exactly the same as when our cats are hungry.

Why wont GAA football fans these days admit Die Hard 5 is muck?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I can't believe how much I want to see/hear these boots.

My TA, went to a gig last night. Enjoyed it mightily, no moshing and yet still broken up after it..

Advertisement