Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Otis Hill

So a week or so ago, Gwen was scandalised by kids nicking sweets in the shop and making a fuss in the pub. Now she's flogging drugs and booze to underage kids at an illegal rave 🙄.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Deeec

Well where do I start with tonight's show. Ruby would have had more fun celebrating her 18th with her granny.

Also that fire was very slow spreading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Soo, last nights episode. Vino's is about the size of an average sitting room, yet its possible for Paul, Mondo and the Ram to talk about Victor while he is literally 3 feet away and completely oblivious to them.

Yet Anto can eavesdrop on Hayley/James, whilst they are out in the street and hes around the corner behind a wall in some class of beer garden???

The party in the building site was pretty believable.....NOT!!!!!! There was Gwen and 4 other people and that's including Ruby and Alex. But at least Leonardo DiCaprio 'Kev' is back....and brought his none speaking gang. Pity Steo's gang didn't show up, JP and Mosser or whatever their names are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,221 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Did gwen know anybody at the party?

Why would you have a bag of yokes in a box with party accessories 😀

I actually like rubex as friends/couple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Why on this earth would Gwen and RUby be 'mates'; there must be a big enough age gap. And is Gwen supposed to be still living with Anna - they seem to have sorted that rift with Anna in the shed. Although there is still only 2 in the house that had 3. Also she seems to have stopped selling her illegal booze in McCOys. That party was pathethic, about 10 lifeless individuals.

Greg is doing well to have a day off mid week from his building job, wonder will we see him working in De Spar again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

Alex hairstyle

looking very like a Valois sheep these days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

yes vinos is about the size of an average sitting room… so is victor!!

"I've recently become the father of a new baby daughter, born outside of my marriage. I plan to be a loving and supportive parent to her. I love my wife and my children, and I am doing everything I can to regain their trust and earn their forgiveness. We're grateful for your consideration toward all the children involved, as we move forward together."

Victor mullins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,880 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The out of control party!

• Advertisement

The party was so bad it possibly didn't break any laws 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

Soooo, who's gonna save Ruby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,236 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Knowing fair city's form it would be Victor to reward him for being a cheat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,678 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will we open a new thread as this one full and f#cked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭apache

Too much effort to post. Ridiculous having to go back 10 pages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Photobox

It's only some threads though.. must be the popular ones 😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭apache

I'm a closet fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭con747

The thread needs around 282 ish posts to get back to normal so that's where we are until Vanilla sorts it out if they do. It's just one thread of many like this.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭threetrees

Was the party in the site office portakabin? And where was the fire? In a part built bit of the apartments? And then where was Ruby? Just another list of questions about storylines not fitting together.

If Big Vic saves Ruby will he be redeemed in Babs eyes? Or if Mondo saves her then is it a Babs-Mondo affair? I hope not!

Apparently, Anto started the fire in the underground car park and the 'party' was in one of the apartments higher up.

Not a very plausible storyline though - newly built apartment blocks are designed and built not to go on fire, even in the face of an arson attack (Grenfell Tower in 2017 and all that).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

.. has anyone called the Fire brigade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I’d forgotten how bad the acting was but that 15 mins was a strong reminder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 Who Ate The Cat

There's a fire and it's spreading quickly says Mondo.. It has hardly spread at all since Thursday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 Who Ate The Cat

The head on Damo🤣 He's some ape.

It looked like a finished development block

But I thought the site Hayley and James got was not finished

I'm very confused

Didn't Liam get the youth cafe and Joan a cafe in Cian's honour, where are they then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,876 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Why can't we see new posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The firemen are in no rush at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

very lack of coughing in all the smoke , I think roooooobey coughed a few times but lack of coughing off sheep head Alex and mondo and victor seemed to be immune to smoke inhalation .

A bit confused , Victor sort of stumbled out holding up mondo so he was alive then … but then he was on the floor and they was checking his pulse in his neck - is he going out of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,576 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Well, it's not mthe sort of thing you would admit to in public 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Ruby staggered into the room sick from being under the influence of drugs and fell down and went unconscious and then smoke started pouring in from the vents. Then Alex found her and she woke up suddenly free from all drug induced sickness and barely coughing. Why didn’t Alex break the huge glass square in the door he couldn’t open and they could have tried to get out or at least have better air or shout louder. Ruby had her phone and Alex must’ve had his too so why didn’t they phone for help. Then Mondo telling Victor he didn’t need his help while he was stuck in a burning building ffs. Hayley clinging to James and then disappearing behind his back was ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭con747

All Alex had to do was put the spindle from the door back in and use the handle to open the door. Typical RTE sh1te.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Sparko

Mondo looked like if he just took his shoe off he'd have been free.

I agree with the comment about the fire brigade being in absolutely no rush! And no real attempt to cordon off the people hanging around outside.

Decent stunt by Fair City standards anyway 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,876 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Thought it was one of the better fair city episodes for a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Aa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Aaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

thought it was an awful episode; the men didn't seem to need to cough at all; when Vic broke open the bolt the smoke wafted out but when he went in there was hardly any smoke. Looks like Greg is in the doghouse now, just when he was looking like a golden boy. The over-attempts at acting were awful;

Who did Jess say she was getting to mind Taylor? Didn't realise that Hayley and James were in such financial trouble. Anto's decent into alcoholism and gambling is farsical.

Might get a loan off 'Oink' for my holidays - seems very easy…

Seems Carol is in remission too..

Paul being down to his last few Euros and having nothing left in his bank account is a bit of an eye opener. The average person on the minimum wage probably has more money saved up than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭littlevillage

The two fire episodes by Fair City standards were very good. By all other standards there was a few problems 😂😂😂

The Good.

Anto as a recidivist gambler and now alcoholic.... is fairly believable. Every gambler I ever came accross was also a problem drinker

Oink loans. That was very clever

Mondo deserves that big pay rise he got in the labour court. He was great over the two episodes

Gigglybits barman - (Andy) is back... he was quite good in that one scene.

The Bad.

The set designer and special effects were ok... but the extras let them down badly. The Gardai in the background pretending to have conversations with concerned extras..... and the fire crew must have had a big lunch in the Hungry Pig, cause they were pretty sluggish at getting to work on the blaze

Alex and the door. Sigh!!

The ever changing financial situation of Hayley & James and the site are becoming comical at this stage.

The loud private conversations not overheard and then suddenly overheard ..... in the tiny Vino's restaurant are absurd.

Post edited by littlevillage on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Did not find any of these Victor/Ciara/Mondo storylines interesting tbh ….. I hope they put it to bed now ….. let's get back to Laura's murder ….. they have plenty of time now to make the killer interesting …… we are prob aware it is Tyler the fake head doctor ….. and have him as a complete psycho …… I guess they will keep the main part of this story for Christmas though …..

Anto as the mad gambler has potential though ….. so does Gwen as part of another drug dealing gang ….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

It was quite good ….. I am not a fan of the Ciara/Victor/Mondo story but Anto the deranged gambler burning down the place has potential ….. as does Gwen being the pretty face henchwoman of some Billy Meehan type drug dealer ….

The one question I have is how come the site's indoors was so big of a sudden ??? …. all we saw until now was some 1 room porta cabin prefab ….. and suddenly it is like huge …. IIRC nothing much was built on that site or am I missing something ??? …..

I missed the first half initially and when I caught up later I saw I missed nothing

What's the situation with the apartment complex btw? I can't quite follow it. They appear to be mostly completed, but who owns the site and the unfinished apartments? And what is Hayley and James stake in the complex, what do they 'own' and how would they benefit from an insurance payout? Surely a multi apartment complex in Dublin would be worth many millions of Euros?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,880 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Emma gave them here shares in the company.

They then agreed to sell Con the shares to own this development and have nothing else to do with Con's company.

• Advertisement

But do they own the actual site and the apartments? Wouldn't such a site and complex in Dublin be worth millions of Euros i.e. €10m or something?

I hope Gwen gets in trouble, Alex should come clean to Dolores and Sash

I hated we got no good cat fight between Babs and Kira or Jess and Kira

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Otis Hill

It was a decent episode overall by FC standards.

I had to laugh though when Andy the barman just randomly ran on screen. He hasn't been there in ages. I wonder was the actor there to collect his real life wife from work and the producers asked would he mind doing a scene so they wouldn't have to pay a non speaking extra do it. They definitely blew a big chunk of the budget on all the extras looking at Vic and Mondo on the street and then the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Niall_76

I assume the station isn’t supposed to be anywhere near there given the way Damo and James ran off to the site from there.

Did Mairead have to tell Damo he still had keys to the site after he asked James??

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Niall_76

There was problems with planning so whole thing had to be changed or knocked down.. that’s why Con gave it up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement