Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline: Old thread full

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Is barry from cavan by any chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,769 ✭✭✭squonk

tumbleweed for they sandwich swapping joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,964 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Oh, jaysus, I've heard cats being strangled that are more musical than this.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,610 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Wtf was Barry's point? Find a partner with a handbag that can fit a case of Bulmers in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭littlevillage

This is Funny Fridays levels of aural torture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭shearforce

he know's none of the words does Barry

WTF Kev?? You have the power to end this!

750 million bailout for karaoke on the radio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

why in the name of god would someone like that guy think they have musical talent, let alone sing on national radio, it was truly horrendous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,209 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Another caller without a note in his head butchering whatever he was trying to sing. He should get together with the hummer from yesterday and form a band. They'd give a bag of cats a run for their money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Barry: "See at the Ploughing championships in a few weeks, Joe"

Joe: "Well I have told them I want to go to the ploughing championships"

Are RTE making Joe reign in the spending on the programme?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,038 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

what's wrong with a few less of them little cúnts on the roads ? Only a burden for the country anyway

M

Seize their phones for 7 days, wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭shearforce

the scum can do what they want and they know that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,038 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

if the garda catch them on the scramblers, take their mobile phone off them for 7 days ?? Has Joe been drinking ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

it will in its bollox frighten anything out of them…they've no fear - they know nothing will be done. Joe is deluded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Gardai can't do anything about the feral yuff riding around a park on a stolen motorbike. (decoded.... the gardai couldn't be arsed doing anything about it, too busy calculating if their pension pot is over €2 million and will get taxed at 30%, more like)

Why not wait until the yoke runs out of pedddriddle or the Yuff crashes. Then handcuff the little scrote to the wheel.... and watch him soil himself when someone lets loose their XL Bully dog for a wee run about

Post edited by littlevillage on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,964 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Dat was a creamery churn full of excreta.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

M

Séamus Timoney did his bit too.

• Advertisement

Tara Loughrey-Grant, are you proud of yourself?

M

The newsreader sounds like he's being held hostage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭avfc1874

They're not disabled anymore 😞

They're different abled according to Joe and his wokness 👍

M

But he will still ask callers "what's your difference" when it suits him 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭golondrinas

How come I've thousands of notifications but when I click on them I have none.

Will Joe let a Wolfe Tones fan on air tomorrow to sing along with their idols?

Dave The Flute’s latest update…

Going from strength with my fundraiser. 

Thanks a million to everyone who has donated I am completely overwhelmed by your support. If I can reach my goal in the next week or so I will go ahead and order the flute. Once again, thanks and God bless you all.

Hang on Dave, I thought you were carrying cash through dodgy Dublin and got pick pocketed.

This guy irritates me. He basically wants something for free. I’d respect him if he was honest but his story has changed so many times now he’ll probably be in for an Irish literary award at the rate it’s going for best fiction.

Post edited by squonk on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Heard a few minutes today... "da garda said dere hands are tied"..lazy feckers, They're tied because they want them to be tied, a clown police force for a clown country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭Jeff2

The Michael talking about tractors at end of show today said both Henry Ford and Harry Ferguson were Irish.

Henry Ford was American and a little controversy over Henry on Wiki as he was born in County Down. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭Jeff2

On the subject of stolen motorbikes. I'v had 8 stolen from me.

2 the Garda got back.

1 a person found it and phoned the Garda.

In one bizarre case I was at the Garda Station to check on update and there it was. The Garda told me it wasn't registered in my name but if I had the logbook he would give to me.

Another on I got back myself. Found in a land way with a helmet locked to the front wheel. Lucky I had another bike that had similar front wheel so I changed the wheel and bungied the wheel lock and helmet in the back and rode home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Yeah, I stopped using Wikipedia a long time ago.

"Facts" involving both Irish and British topics are written, despite obvious sense, and contradictory evidence, by British gammon types with clearly a backward egocentric education, who often think Ireland is in Britain, Britain civilised the world and their "facts" are the only truth.

Basic errors you might expect in a British tabloid.

When you correct an obvious error, it is quickly removed by the site, and the original mistruth reset.

I would never donate to wikipedia who allow that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Turd in line……Joe Duffy

"Me too".

*Kid at desk looks at belly....💬yep, no doubt about that one💬. Waves him on.*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Shan Doras

Do many of you long-term Liveline listeners remember the week this lady filled in for Joe? She was never asked back, so I don't know does that mean she was good or bad. https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2024/0826/1466821-comyn-election/

M

Yes she was a complete pro at the job, the thread suffered from lack of ability to take the piss at her complete professionalism....to be clear I am not joking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,205 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Joe, I'm going to walk for 34 hours non-stop. Go Fund Me Joe

“It is around 200km from Dublin to Sligo and we will be supplying the food ourselves with sandwiches and water and a cup of tea and then keep on walking.”

On the Pat Kenny show now they are discussing lack of electrical infrastructure, the risk of water shortage in the Dublin area, prisoners being released early due to over crowding, a health system on its knees, unlimited immigration, huge numbers of our young people emigrating, lack of housing for young adults who stay around.

How many of these issues, that people actually care about and require attention from our politicians and public service, will Liveline cover over the next few months?

It is a caller-driven show, nobody wants to talk about that stuff. We want Versatis, bras, cancer, death, Emerald Park, Re-turn, annoying the Portland Row people, scaaaaams, poems, death, death, dogs... Besides, more people means more Liveline listeners 😃

Likely on Today’s Liveline…

Malachy, you’re a big Oasis fan

That’s right Joe! Huge fan since the 90s

Go on! Sing one of their songs there…

“He lives in a house, a very big house in the country…”

• Advertisement

Goes to show doesn’t it. In general reality if you had a mechanic or hair stylist for instance on contract and someone filled in who was way better, you’d be after that person once your other contract ran out. Not RTE though. We can’t let you go Joe, have another €350,000 there! Fair play to you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Expunge

Mark Urban was Diplomatic Editor of Newsnight on the BBC until recently. He left after 35 years working there. He tweeted 10 reflections after he left. Number 10 was:

"Don't Bed Block

I was a coward about leaving a long running and very fulfilling gig. But there's new people coming up and opportunity is so limited"

Maybe Joe (and quite a few other bed blockers in RTE) could heed that advice and move the f*ck on with good grace.

In today’s show, kangaroo court involving a deceased person in no position to defend themselves…. again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭Tow

Joe. Ms Duffy playing Somebody new better than you waiting around the corner. By Christy Hennessy.

Motorbike Theft: An epidemic in Dublin. Garda not arsed about it, as nothing they can do!

FAI: Tickets for 2+2 for 600 quid. FAI get loads of money from de State, not right.

Hotel Booking Cancelled: Hotel sends email canceling booking for a famous date in Dublin. Wha can be done about it?

Sophie Deplantia: New 'who done it' burk.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Various dealings Ive heard people have with the gardai in recent times have reminded me of Phoebe in Friends.

If I remember correctly, Joey is asking all the friends to go see his play and Phoebe says "Oh I wish I could, but I don't want to".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭bigroad

Advertising for new Sophie buuk.

Author has family or friends in RTE.

and are in no dought that Ian did it with very little evidence,but RTE will push the buuk anyway because thats RTE all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

The Pat Kenny thread regularly goes days with no comments on it. Not because no-one is listening, but because its a serious, professional programme, and no or little oppertunity or reasons to take the piss out of.

Liveline on the hand is the gift that keeps on giving. Except when its death, cancer and Father Fey.

Where would they get such lucrative employment elsewhere?

Between now and next August, will we get a Donegal Oasis fan on funny Friday with his Parody song that includes the line in the chorus "and after all, we've got crumbling walls" - a back after this break would quickly ensue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭Tow

Jeff2 will be getting a call from one of Joe's researcher.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
Advertisement