Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City - anti social behaviour etc... what's being done?

1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,106 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

That's funny!

I thought your refusal to answer was hiding something more sinister than prudishness 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭PreCocious

Glad to see the people who are concerned about Meghan Markle and the appointment of someone to help deal with the issue of racism in this country, are now worried about the children.

The event passed off with little or no publicity but it would be funny if the pearl clutchers were responsible for making everyone look at a photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Be right back

So because I am not a fan of Meghan and Ebun, (loads of time going through old posts), I should be OK with full frontal nudity in public? If it was any other situation, they would be arrested. And I'm not prudish or a pearl clutcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ofcork

That's an old picture dan Boyle is lord mayor now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

There is a photo of Cllr Boyle with a group of people, most of whom are nude (albeit with body paint). I suspect the other poster is slow to post it as it has full front nudity (both male & female).

But as another poster said - the whole Naked Bike Ride would probably have gone without so much as a few column inches, as it were, had it not been for people kicking up a fuss over it. Case in point: that other photo is evidently from a few years ago (as Cllr Finn was wearing the Lord Mayor's chains) and I don't remember much of a fuss back then.

It's also been going on every year for years!

The offended poster did post a censored version of the pic in question but it seems to be deleted, now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

As I assumed. I'm still at a loss as to how it was brought in by whichever poster under the guise of anti-social behaviour… :pac

No need to go through old posts, even Inspector Clouseau could spot it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,464 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Did you call the guards about it if you felt that strongly?

It's an annual event, hasn't been banned. Why does a nudie thing have to be sexualised? Think that says more about you than the participants

• Advertisement

I'm talking about the picture. Why is it so offensive to people if I don't like it? To be fair Whisky, you appeared to agree with me about the lads in court yesterday but you have an issue with me not liking people appearing in the nude for a photo with the Lord Mayor.

Post edited by Be right back on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Deregos.

I was in Dunstable for a wedding a couple of months back. Every pub we went to go in in the evenings, the bouncers searched as for weapons, it seems knife crime is rampant over there. One place even had a whole body scanners in the lobby, it'd be awful if it ever gets to that stage here. I'd love to see a full on public awareness campaign to diswade young men from carrying knives, harsher prison sentences for those court carrying weapons would also be a deterrent. Gardai could concurrently initiate a knives and weapons amnesty to take weapons off the street. If it saved the lives or maiming of any of our children . . it might all be worth it.

Why wont GAA football fans these days admit Die Hard 5 is muck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,464 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

You can choose not to look at it, you know. It's a little thing we do when we see things we don't like. I'm sure you can do it champ.

This is the second knife attack in Cobh in recent months. A man died in the first one.

I see that the gript and Paul Treyvaud are also upset about the cyclists pic!

https://x.com/griptmedia/status/1829111798286446738?t=dMCa-xPfPnUjnei3WqLqcA&s=19

I wonder does an email circulate to all the usual suspects:

"quick, we need something to distract people from the documentary about the Mother and Baby homes and the lack of redress".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,186 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

And Kenny O Flynn

https://gript.ie/cork-lord-mayor-slammed-for-posing-with-nude-cyclists/

Wasnt there some story about Ken's brother ? Doesn't quite come to mind but seems to recall it was a tax issue or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,210 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Hes had several brushes with the law, the most serious being a conviction for trying to solicit someone to kill a tax inspector and a senior Garda.

I have zero time for KOF, but we aren't responsible for what members of our family do. It's a cheap shot, really, worthy of the likes of KOF, ironically.

What I find interesting is that this cycle had been going on for 15 years and, apparently, other Lord Mayors have posed with them but it seems that it's only now that people are up in arms. Why? The christofacists, populusts, and far righters are doing very well in stoking this kind of division in society. They all seem obsessed with children and people's genitals, for some reason.

Not enough publicity is given to the backgrounds of the people who are "just asking questions" or accusing others of unforgivable things. Some of those guys at the libraries have criminal records of offences against women but their claims of protecting women and children are just accepted and they're portrayed as ordinary citizens who have concerns.

I don't know if it happened but it would have been interesting if Niall interviewed the organisers of the bike ride....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ofcork

Guy arrested over the attack on the house of recent former prisioner and subsequent knocking down of man.

Advertisement