Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,236 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

But it looked last night as if the apartment complex was near completion. The apartments had electricity and everything and looked decorated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,880 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Yes, they own the whole thing from my understanding.

I don't understand why they didn't even consider selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Yeah, was nearly finished when the issue was discovered. Liam wanted to use the cafe area and Doug and Erica were getting ready to move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maurv2

I found that episode very confusing, I didn't know what building it was supposed to be.

they've turned Hayley into a right hard cow and James into a weak sap.

Some memorable moments from the past 35 years! (Also I'm trying to fill up the thread.)

One of my earliest memories of Fair City is Lorraine dying after her wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Is it not just moving the last page out further after people post something?

Your correct, thanks.

I don't know what I got into my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭con747

6 days ago current posts were on page #467 and were 10 pages behind, now recent comments are on page #469 and 8 pages behind so it is catching up IMO. Maybe I'm wrong.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Any issues with this page? Unable to get past new posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,221 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The head on kira

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,678 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

is the doctor treating victor a brother of Bob Charles? Looks and sounds just like him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

One of these episodes gwens eyeballs are going to explode…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Do Oink loans even do a 'cooling off period' ? - they sound a bit dodge to me …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭apache

Surprised that Alex was let mind baby Taylor

Yeah, he is assigned to all carraigstown patients

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Otis Hill

Inspector Gadget had some cheek taking that tone with Damo and Mairead considering he's done feck all to solve Laura's murder so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,576 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Vinos makes RTÉ look like a good place to remortgage your house and invest every cent you own in 😭.

Victors taxi has probably seen more G than Benburd Street of an evening.

I still can't understand how that Garda detective got in with the height restriction. Not that I think a height restriction was ever any kind of good idea from the outset of a police force.

Things husbands never say to their wives ever:

1: you never checked that voice mail from your dad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭threetrees

I see they've recycled the hospital private room for Big Vic and re introduced the Bob Mark 2 doctor.

When Mondo was stuck in the building I thought the screaming was like giving birth, but he looks like he'll be as right as rain in no time.

And where is Juliet in all of this drama?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Extreme height/size differences seems to be a thing on Fair City.

Take Victor and Mags. A pretty unlikely couple anyway, but Victor is bloody enormous and Mags is tiny. It was really highlighted the last day when Mondo and Victor were having the argument in the street... Victor was towering above Mondo.... while Mondo was threatening him 😂

Gar is very very tall too… and every conversation he is involved in seems very strangely filmed. But at least Fidelma is pretty tall too soo they don't look that odd together.

Inspector Gadget is a joke. They must have trawled the acting agencies for the smallest guy they could find. In fairness he is a reasonably good actor, but just looks strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Photobox

It was strange the way he rocked up to their house, saying Mondo said they needed to get to the hospital..why were they not supporting their mother at the hospital..at least taking turns anyway. Babs 'upset' acting is atrocious, comes from the Orla school of over acting.

• Advertisement

Ok. The landing page counter is incrementing as fast as we are filling up the gap pages. Soo it looks like its always going to be 8 pages ahead. Maybe time for a new thread??

Damien

ends up decking Buckley and ends up in Jail and Hayley and James try and pin the fire on him.

What would Damien gain from the fire, be better if innocent James was sent down as he was let off for the kidnapping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

lots of inconsistencies / stupid stuff last night .

Hayley and James were coming out of the Hungry Pig with a take out bag but they were on their way to meet her Ma for food..

Babs only greeted Jess in the hospital and seemed to 'ignore' Rooobee; why wouldn't Babs have tried to phone Roobbee or Greg rather than Alex calling to the house; Alex is no relation to the family why would he be taking care of the baby - surely they would bring the baby to the Hospital. Gwen and Alex having a conversation about the fire in Babs house where Jess could eavesdrop was farcical.

Presume Greg has lost his job in the factory now, no mention of course; guess we'll see him behind the counter in de Spar soon.

If Emma was serious about investing in Vinos she would have undertaken some due diligence and seen that the place is a money pit and ran a mile, they can't be painting her seriously as a solid business woman with no clue about her potential investment status.

Is nobody wondering where Anto is at the moment

Carol must be properly in remission now

By "Mags" I assume you mean Babs and by "Fidelma" I presume you mean Derbhala 🤣. Mags is long dead and Fidelma is the Garda that pops up now and then but doesn't have anything to do with Gar except when they shared a couple of scenes when she was investigating the catfishing of Dean.

• Advertisement

Yeah the scene with Gwen/Alex in the Mullen house really annoyed me. Gwen and Alex arrived at the house together, so presumably one contacted the other and they met up beforehand to go there together. Surely they'd have used that time on the walk or drive there to get their story sorted? Did they forget about their roles in the party and just discuss the weather or something along the way, then panic when they got to the house and realised neither knew what the other would say about the party?

Greg mentioned he's working on a different Rafferty site. So his one isn't in Carrigstown which makes it all the more galling that Maxine, Greg and Con are constantly loitering around Spar and the Community Centre in Carrigstown in the middle of the work day.

Emma is obviously as daft as Paul when it comes to business. Sure, Emma didn't do her due diligence on Vinos but Paul doesn't seem to have done his due diligence on her either. What's her track record? Up until recently she owned 20% of Raffertys Developers which was a business on its last legs. Aside from that does she have a track record of making businesses successful after her consulting projects have been completed. They should have paired herself and Paul up and we could have seen how far their delusion would have taken them.

One element that annoyed me the other night was what time was Ruby's party?

It was very bright even when th Fire Brigade arrived.

Did Alex say if he any problems with the baby, he'd call Dolores, why, I don't ever remember Dolores mixing with Babs or Jess

Jess should have got Greg or Steo to mind Taylor

Inspector gadget keeps calling his place of work "the garda station"

I don't think I've ever heard a cop call it that before??

Yup, he mentioned Dolly being the first port of call. Which is weird for 2 reasons. The first being, as you said, Dolly has nothing to do with the Mullens. The second being Alex has nothing to do with Dolly either so why he'd have her number in the first place is a mystery.

On top of all that, Alex had nothing to do with the Mullens either until about a month ago when one of his first scenes with Ruby was sussing out if she knew if her Dad was banging Kira. It's also weird that a guy in his early 20s would randomly offer to babysit the child of someone he barely knew. Even weirder is the fact that Jess and Greg let Alex mind Taylor, considering a couple of scenes earlier he'd told him he did drugs at Ruby's party.

I know Dolly tends to be the go to babysitter for all kids not related to her though. Fair enough with Junior and NoNo since she's the only granny either have ever really known but Olivia, Ruth and lately Nikki's kids seem to get an awful lot of time with Dolly too whenever the parents can't look after them.

Jimmy and Suzanne Doyle return

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/tv-film/fair-citys-suzanne-doyle-returns-33682209

Guessing they're back to say Bela passed away. Can't see any other reason for them to appear. They have no other family there except their niece Ruth and I doubt they've suddenly started caring about her now.

Is Rachel Brennan coming back as well I wonder? Paul mentioned her in Thursday's episode.

'You know who' has some temper on him : always looks ready to explode.

I hope so and also Yvonne

Where is Bela suppose to be with Yvonne or Darren or Suzanne?

• Advertisement

He's supposed to be in Spain but I don't know which of his kids he's with over there. I think it's probably Suzanne. I think Jimmy and Yvonne went to Australia. Not sure where Darren and Louise are.

I thought Suzanne was in Australia

Rachel in Spain with Yvonne?

I had forgot about Louise

Not sure where Darren and Jimmy are

• Registered Users Posts: 39 GeneKranz

Re: Alex calling to the house, first of all with Gwen - she said she bumped into him on the way over. The purpose of the scene was to have Jess overhear them so that she could put pressure on Ruby, which would then result in Alex taking the fall for the drugs.

When he called later on, he said that Babs had been trying to call Jess but getting no answer, presumably because Jess was in the height of it after Alex's confession. Hence, Mondo rang him and asked him to get them up to the hospital.

As for him minding the baby and saying he'd call Dolores if he had any issues, well, Dolly is basically everyone's granny, isn't she?

Strangers are just friends you haven't met.

In the explicable absence of Juilette during her parents relationship breakdown, Alex has to fill in as child of Mondo.... and go-between (filler) friend character for the Mullens.

In sport, Alex would be whats called a utility player. Or to put it in more honest terms, a permanent substitute who isn't good enough to hold down a starting place anywhere on the pitch, but a lad you bring on when you are stuck, to see out the game and pray he does fcuk up too badly.

I see FC is on Friday at 7.30, is this return permanently?

Looks like it's on again the following Friday so could be back to normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭apache

The goggleboxers were funny with their commentary of the fire.

Only a 5 page gap now, it seems to just change at random. 🙄

• Advertisement

It's ironic that Specsavers are sponsoring Fair City now. Have they not seen the show? 😂😂😂

Advertisement