Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

1373374375376377379»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭forumdedum

The market has gone absolutely crazy past several months. Add 10 to 15% to each starting price. Value for money has reached a new low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭Gary_dunne

Bidding is currently at €385k, the market is absolutely mad out there.

I was showing my parents properties in Dublin and telling them what the current bids were or what they went sale agreed for and they genuinely shocked at the prices of them all.

As the previous poster said add 10-15% minimum on to the asking prices these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,976 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I would say adding on 10% is on the low side. A lot of 3 beds I've been bidding on in Galway have been going for over 20% over. One 4 bed went 35% over asking.

There is another 3 bed that I know the owner wants 400k for, but it is listed at 350k asking. The owners have told a few lies about the property (local knowledge) so we pulled out early so I don't know what the current offer is on that, but I imagine they will be expecting an extra 15%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭Gary_dunne

Some houses in Crumlin went up for around the 350k mark, all sale agreed at over 500k, it's ridiculous.

We've stopped even enquiring about houses near our budget as the asking is nowhere near what the final price is ever going to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Underground

€646k for a 2 bed seems absolutely insane. I assume it was in the nicer part of D14 around Butterfield Avenue or somewhere near there? Still absolutely mad price regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭theboringfox

The last daft.ie house report had buried within it that in the cities the asking price for 4bed/5bed detached was up over 20% in last year. Something exploded in that segment. Very evident in Cork City. Any large family sized home ready to move into has gone beserk since last year. Once it was clear rates had peaked, it seemed to just light a fire under the market when it had cooled a lot back end of 2022 and into first half of 2023.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭herbalplants

Yes nothing is worth the money they are asking for. People are paying for overpriced houses out of desperation.

Living the life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

Many of these type houses are being bought to rent out. At the moment with the government paying €800 to each ukrainian the price per bedroom in a rented property stands between €1000 and €1500, so a 5 bed house will rent between €5000 and €7000, a great per annum return of between €60000 and €84000 before tax but enough to pay off your mortgage in no time

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 Bielsa2020

We recently signed contracts on a new build that’ll be ready early next year. We are using help to buy. When does the developer redeem the HTB from revenue? If it’s when the sale is closed early next year, we’ll have to reapply but it’ll also mean we’re entitled to a higher amount.

Advertisement