Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White wines: Am I just going mad?

• 24-08-2024 1:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is there a massive upsurge in off flavours, in post pandemic wines? In particular mercaptans...

I'm almost done with random purchases as it feels like such a lottery of late

They're eating the DOGS!!!

Donald Trump 2024

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭squonk

Is it you though? Not trying to be funny but did you happen to get Covid and lose your taste at any stage? I lost my sense of smell and taste for a week or two with Covid back in 2022. It cage back fairly quickly but it’s not 100%. It took me a while to track down but I can’t eat stuff like prepared mustard or horseradish sauce now. I get the most awful “off” taste like I’m eating something mouldy. You might have a variation on this perhaps. I haven’t drank much wine the last while but any I’ve had has been fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Unless it's specifically affected my pick up on sulphur, no?

Also, while my wife's nose doesn't pick up immediately she tastes it straight away too and, once the wine warms up and the volatiles release, she'll smell later ( this isn't on my prompt either)

They're eating the DOGS!!!

Donald Trump 2024

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭squonk

What wine are you drinking?

I only mentioned the Covid as I thought I was going nuts. It turns out after some research that lots more have similar instances of picking up odd tastes from just one or two things that weren’t an issue pre Covid. However if your wife is picking up the same that knocks the Covid theory on the head I’d think.

Perhaps tge production process has changed or there is some cost-cutting going on.

Advertisement