Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2024 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭McSween

how was the interview @boxman24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 Boxman24

It was a peace of cake. Was capability based compared to the usual competency questions but a lot similarities between the two styles

through zoom? I should download that rwally. What do you do just connect through a link they send?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 brod2024

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭summersun23

At boxman. Are u dublin? Btw i dont tjink it would take long to get placed unless it's somewhere that needs the extra vetting -that takes a good bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LilyOdhranSadhbh

Hi All,

II'm a bit confused with the process for being called to stage 2 interview. My understanding was that they call candidates in batches for interview. I emailed public jobs yesterday for an update and they advised that they have reached OOM 3 for stage 2 interview for Co. Wexford. Your oom from stage 1 is retained throughout the competition and they call candidates to interview based on their oom as vacancies arise. My oom is in the 50s so I dont think I'll have a hope of being called for Wexford 😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,050 ✭✭✭shmeee

They call people in batches for interview for positions, the number in the batch will vary depending on the number of CO positions that are available at the time.

Batches could be 10/20 people. It varies.

You will get a batch number later down the process, so say your OOM 55, and calling in batches of 20, you'll be batch 3. This may be listed on your portal down the line, as was before for these competitions.

You have to also remember, not everyone is going to go to interview or even pass interview. So it's not like 54 people ahead of you need to get placed if your 55 OOM. People will turn down the position also once offered.

After interview you'll get a new OOM as that's the batch they will be placing on, so you could be OOM 1 then batch 3.

I hope that makes sense, that's how stuff worked in previous panels anyway. And surely similar here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LilyOdhranSadhbh

Awh thanks a million, I thought there would be over 50 ahead of me so I thought I wouldn't have a hope of being called for interview. That makes sense now and more reassuring 🤗

There is 50 ahead of you, but all them won't take up a position. You'd be surprised how many would just ignore follow up messages or not take up positions. Also the salary when people notice what it is, can be a turn off if not already known the exact breakdown. Best of luck!

limerick has interviewed as far as panel position number 5 so far. I emailed them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Justask123

I’m starting with Revenue at Blackpool in September

• Registered Users Posts: 8 magikalmysti

congrats, was it part of this campaign or a previous campaign?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Gympodie

Any movement in Offaly?

TThis is really interesting as previously they would have called batches to interview e.g 10 ( I've been through it ) but reading the above that does not seem to be the case if a county is at e.g OOM 3. I wonder what happens if the next county vacancy is not in a location u have indicated ...do they just skip u and come back to u? It seems very different to how they used to do it ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Gympodie

Where do you find an email to email them? I can't seem to find it.

i emailed info@publicjobs and they forward it to the relevant team. Name your county on the email

I've just emailed asking where Meath is - assume no one here called for meath yet ?

In case anyone is interested they responded and said they have not begun to call up candidates to stage 2 interview for meath and they also said that location choices for within a county have no effect at interview stage and are used during the clearance / placement stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭- bo -

Thanks for this SS. If you hear anything else at all on Meath I'd appreciate you passing it on. I'm completely new to all this - I'm early 100s on the Meath OOM so assuming I shouldn't really hold out hope for much.

• Advertisement

I will of course Bo. If i hear from them I'll post. And I think your early 100s leaves u very much in the running ( lots will drop out)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 snowdrop93

Has anyone in Cork gotten any further than location selection after completing stage 1? I got an OOM of 147 so not holding out much hope for getting an interview 😫

It's a 2 year process. Forget about it and just wait. No point worrying about OOM's this early. BTW, that's a good OOM for Cork. So much will change over the next 2 years, people ahead will drop out, decline or fail interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭- bo -

Ah, I'm generally a big pessimist 😆 thanks a million. Hopefully a little slice of luck for the both of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 magikalmysti

my OOM for cork is early 30s and I’ve heard nothing since the location preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭AngelaG

Has there been any movement in Donegal does anyone know ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Podgesull1

Any news of kerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭Newbie12345The

im in top ten for Cork and nothing yet since the location selection. sent an email this morning enquiring….awaiting response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭Newbie12345The

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Blondedoll

No word as of yet for Donegal I'm in top 20 and know someone in top 10 also. I think they will call from Tco to Co first..

Sorry, didn't know the new panel was one year. Still loads of time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4 Boxman24

received my Garda vetting

any news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭brianomc

Have you heard anything since boxman? I received notification of my garda vetting yesterday from themselves, nothing from PAS.

I’ve no idea what the next steps are really

IIt's usually garda vetting and reference checks and any quals checks if applicable then they will tell u that your local ( department ) hr will be in contact. It should not take long at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bigbear899

There wasn't a TCO to CO competition. They will call based on OOM.

how was your interview? did they ask many questions? could you share them with us?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Skweefie

Candidates are discouraged from giving detailed information about the process. Generic advice is ok but it isnt fair to get specific questions as it puts you at an advantage over others.

Advice for CO interview is to know your examples under each competency using the STAR method and have a second example if possible that you can pull from. Have a look over general interview type questions and know your application form inside out and back to front.

Edit: spelling

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭jecca1

Is this campaign definitely being interviewed on the competencies and not moved to capability based then?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Skweefie

It is always going to relate back to the clerical officer competencies. Regardless of how the interview is structured. They will say things like, "tell me about a time that you dealt with a difficult customer" Or "tell me about a time you were involved with a group project". If you have 2 examples for each of the competencies, you can usually have enough scenarios to answer whatever they throw at you.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Blondedoll

One happening right now in Donegal closing date 6th of Sept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭brianomc

Sorry, only coming back to this now. They will ask everyone different questions, but they are all "tell me about a time you…". Personally I prefer not to be over-practiced for an interview, if something comes up that you aren't expecting then you might get anxious and stumble. But that's just me of course. I wasn't happy with how I answered one question but still was successful.

In good news though I was offered a placement today. So that was 3.5 weeks from interview to offer for mid-20's OOM in Dublin. I don't know when I will start yet. But I'm very happy where I ended up (I'd prefer not to say where).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Hi all,

I'm looking for opinions from those of you with more knowledge on this hiring process. I'm unemployed at the moment. I'm on panel for clerical officer campaign but I also have been called for interview for county council clerical officer over the next few weeks. I know with the panel, I could be sitting on it for a year but If I was successful with this interview, how quick is the hiring process within the likes of the council? I'm unsure as to whether I should hold off on other job applications or still go ahead with them. I need to find employment soon but I also would plan on taking the job In the council should I be successful. I'm just a bit stumped I suppose.

Hi, that's great to get the interview . If the two jobs are the same grade sure why not see which one you get offered first , if you get the council then happy days and if not u still have the civil service option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Hi I would take which ever one comes first, looking long term the council have better annual leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 sun_frog

Just wondering if they got back to your email? I got in the 60s for OOM for Cork so hoping to hear soon 🤞

Just wondering is anything moving in any regional counties outside the cities did anyone hear... nothing happening in Meath yet it seems..

Anyone hear of any movement on this or any updates ? Has many from Dublin been called?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14 harryharry25

I was placed 289 in Dublin and had my interview on Wednesday, and have an email saying have message to go on public jobs this morning (48 hours later)

I passed interview and retained my position on the panel

Think I might give them a ring Monday see have they any idea when or where I could be offered

• Advertisement

Well done!🤩
    I wonder which numbers are already being offered the positions.

keep us updated!

thanks!!

Advertisement