Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

new neighbours arrived to move in this morning, at 6.40am or thereabouts…. I was woken from my slumber by the rigid truck full of their worldly possessions arriving, being offloaded and loaded into their place, a calamitous racket outside. So they are here all of a few hours and already in my bad books.

Trying to be fair, reasonable & establish the reason people are required to move in so early, im struggling…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I just spent a very unpleasant hour in the Mater clinic getting an infected bite debrided. Life lesson, kids: if an insect bite looks weird, get it seen to sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,552 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Virgin media. You have to phone them to cancel. there is no other way to do it. there is a 30 minute wait. currently at 17 minutes so lets see how accurate that is. their online chat is terrible. they had the nerve to tell me "we aim to make this as easy as possible". and they then disconnected. useless shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,636 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Yikes, glad you got sorted in the end

Eh "debrided" though? TA I can't figure out if that's a typo or I don't know what…

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement

Not a typo. It's basically a *very* thorough cleaning of wounds that aren't healing properly because there's dead tissue in there.

they sometimes use maggots for that. true story.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,785 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I had to google it .

remove damaged tissue or foreign objects from (a wound).

• Advertisement

I know. Thankfully no maggots involved today 🤢

Unfortunately, though, they couldn't get everything out today so I've to go back again on Friday.

This happened on the same trip I split my head open on. Not exactly a "best holiday ever!" contender.

so 35 minutes it was then. she tried to offer me a deal but i was in no humour after being on hold for 35 minutes listening to their **** hold music. so she "grand, i've removed it" and then hung up. no goodbye, nothing. so they are rude on top of everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭pgj2015

When soccer commentators don't mention every player to touch the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Deregos.

You'll just have to imagine the meow noises they're making.

Pictures of your own bad parking WITH CHAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you interview someone for a job, and they have the talent, but phone it in at the interview. What a waste.

My big toe nail is cracked horizontally. Not sure what's going on. Has never been right after a soccer match years ago. Fungal infections yuck etc. Did see professionals about it before, but they seem bemused about it. Not sore, but worried that a doctor or podiatrist will do something stupid that'll cripple me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,482 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Claims by any business other than a family run operation of a product being "home made"

Even even a family run business it can be very tenuous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I’m a foot health practitioner (chiropodist) and 3rd year pod student. If the fungal infection has gone down the full nail the only way to clear it is with oral mediation called Terbinafine from your gp - depending on your medical history as to whether they will give it to you OR remove the nail and apply a topical anti fungal product such as Lamisil to the nail bed to remove the fungus before the nail grows over it. The horizontal crack caused by trauma (soccer match) and probably grows out damaged and is probably a permanent problem. Short of removing the toe (which gp’s or pods don’t do), you are not in danger of being at the next Paralympics in the foreseeable future. (I’ll send you a bacs link for the expertise and advice :-) )

Wow, thanks for all that. Really appreciate it.

That I need to check 3/4 times a day to see what day it is .

• Advertisement

It's either the 32nd of Octember or the 0th of Smarch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The media coverage of Irish rugby players.

Oh look, one got married. Look, another is having a baby.

Imagine that. They are so special.

Oh I mean the actual day , whether it’s Monday or Tuesday etc . Days mean nothing to me .

That my plan for a sex swing is out the window since I heard of DH’s ‘‘misadventure ‘ . And I didn’t tag her deliberately , so don’t say anything 😷

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

At 6am this morning a neighbour’s dog was howling like a banshee at what I presume was a cat. This of course set my own two Jack Russells off. The two of them were barking like crazy and hammering the back door with their paws so that they could run out and join the howling.

Also I have gas cramps after eating chilli mince yesterday eve which turned out a lot spicier than planned, and I’ve been too lazy to shave since Saturday so my face is full of bum fluff.

You could have at least told your fellow day ignorant sufferers what day it was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,569 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I think the partner would have done the hard part of baby-having.

Honestly I don't give a shít about any news story about a human managing to marry or reproduce. Big whoop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Fcukity. I've been having knee/hip/foot issues fir a few months now and did nothing about it apart from take up yoga (doctor recommended). I was at a gig last night and hip is in absolute bits today. Which doesn't bode well for Coldplay on Monday and my trip to France on Tuesday. In hindsight, I should've given my leg at least a day between to recover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Look into whether you need orthotics or not. Perhaps your feet need some support?

If you have flat feet, it can knock your entire skeleton out of kilter, and the pain can manifest itself in different parts of the body.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I actually had orthotics pre-covid and got out of the habit of wearing them when I spent my time in slippers for 2 years solid. That was because one leg is shorter than the other. It's probably that but I'm booked back in with the GP (mid September) to see if I can get a referral for a physio or something.

TA… Sunlight reflecting off car window on other side of the road… glare straight into my eyes.

lunch in the men’s test cricket. Yet 85% of the time during the break is spent by the pundits discussing, promoting and analysing the upcoming women’s World Cup. Instead of the mornings play.

If it was the other way around. Woman’s game yet the pundits during the break focusing on the men’s team you’d not hear the end of it… and rightly… play to resume and off to the adds..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,874 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Test cricket is almost seen as an inconvenience nowadays

Seven Worlds will Collide

My phone. Missed a call earlier on. didnt hear it. noticed the volume was turned down so i turned it up to full. i have missed 2 calls since. only now do i realise that i had Mute turned on. somehow putting the volume to max doesn't turn off mute. stupid phone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

My back is being a right painful bastid today. Also spent half my lunch on phone to council

• Advertisement

My head is melted off me in work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,839 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Oasis. I barely know who they are and I'm sick of hearing about them.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,569 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Couldn't care less about the reunion.

I used like their music but was overplayed to hell on everything at the time and it's something I've grown out of.

She's got the hump with me again . . don't know what I'm supposed to have done wrong this time . . Ah well, I'm off down the pub to finish the darts competition.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,839 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I didn't have a lot growing up so I never got to go to the cinema or listen to music beyond what was on the radio so I missed out on Oasis. Generally, when something like a series or movie franchise is revisited, the results are underwhelming in the best case scenario.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

my driving licence is about to expire , filled in the form to get the new one and I can’t find the form.. I put it in an envelope for safe keeping, put the envelope in a storage box on the kitchen table and now it’s awol.

They are small areas in deserts where water can still be found and were plants grow. It's also the name of that green, spongy material florists use for flower arrangements, much for the same reasons. :pac:

It was a nice refreshing beverage until sugar tax ruiined it.

Same . I would have went to their concert in the 90’s early 00’s but couldn’t be assed now

my TA about the Oasis thing is firstly the venue and secondly the ticket prices.

Stinks of just one almighty cash grab. Absolutely nothing about it is in anyway related to making it a positive experience for your average gig goer / Oasis fan. They just entered the world of the corporate gluttons. Play to as many people as possible in as short a time as possible and ££££££££££

And this from a band that during their heyday were non stop “ ohhh we are working class blahh blahhh “

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I had to go to the hospital today for a follow-up after my recent stay there. My trivial annoyance was that I wore certain clothes to make it easier to show how my shin was, but the consultant couldn't be bothered even looking. "No, no need for me to look. But is it okay now?".

Eh, just have a look, if you're interested. Or I'll give my opinion about it and charge you €150! 🙄😄

I just imagined an insect version of Papa Lazarou from The League of Gentlemen saying "You're my wife now!!!", and debridement was the only way to cancel the marriage. (Have I shown too much of the inner workings of my mind?)

No... not Papa Lazarou...

TA that will strike fear into the hearts of LoG fans before bedtime!

If your doorbell rings dont answer it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement