Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enoch Burke turns up to school again despite sacking - read OP before posting

Comments

The appeal is very relevant, and WH should have taken advantage of his release to hear the appeal. As earlier linked articles on this thread refer to, the Gardai are reluctant to intervene because technically, until the appeal is heard, he continues to be in paid employment of WH. Also, if the WRC finds that WH errored in some area of procedure, this again makes how the appeal process is carried out, very relevant.

I certainly think that when the appeal is heard, and he is unsuccessful, that removes the last grounds on which he can base his attendance at WH, he can no longer claim it is his place of work because the disciplinary process will have concluded.

WH should really have heard the appeal during the summer, carrying that in to the new academic year was foolish on their part, unless there was some legal impediment which prevented them from doing so.

Whether he purges his contempt does not alter the law as it is applied, it is up to the Judge whether he/she wants to jail him for his contempt. For most, I suspect the time spent there would give pause for thought, but Enoch feels right is on his side and seems willing for it to be a battle of wills between himself and the judge. My money is on the Judge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

I hope the Dept of Social Protection is taking note, and monitoring these types.

If they are found to be on Jobseekers payments they should lose a day of payment as they are clearly making themselves unavailable for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭kazamo

The appeal is irrelevant because once he loses his job, he can still stand outside the school entrance and continue his protest.

Not purging his contempt but still allowing him out, has led to this charade where he is back outside the school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Definitely fans: Teacher Enoch Burke has been turning up to work and hiding the "no loitering" sign on the wall behind them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,746 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Haven't been on here in a long while. I know it's costing us a lot of money, but just throw the twat back in jail. Talk again to him in a year's time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

That’s the impossible situation the Courts and Wilsons find themselves in. Even when he has exhausted every avenue of appeal against his dismissal and the injunction, he still won’t recognise the legitimacy of the outcomes (unless he wins) as he ‘answers to God’ and the Courts are not holding up ‘God’s Law’.
    So everyone has to continue with this farce, step by step. I just hope Wilson’s has insurance for litigation costs….
    This thing will run for years.
    Honestly, if Wilson’s applied for planning permission to block the standing space in the entrance, this fû€ker would oppose it.

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭afatbollix

I wonder will he run for office? See how many fans he really has….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Friday is the next court appearance, as it has given permission to WHS to make/state a case for the furtherance of Burke's spell in prison for breaking the High Court order to him to stay away from WHS.

Presumably he wouldn't be idiot enough to resist his arrest for the purpose of conveying him to Mountjoy Prison, or whichever prison which the prison service has available to hold him in. There is a prison, apparently not in use presently, which was modernised at some cost by the service for use to house male and female prisoners, thereby suitable for a person who is insistent of making a nuisance of himself. It's located in the Curragh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Will be interesting if he is up before Justice Sanfey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

this flute still at this…?

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

pps wheres my wheres my rte macaroons,kevin?

Which part are you struggling with?

The appeal is relevant, he is entitled to appeal his dismissal, once that is heard/decided, he is no longer a paid member of staff. That in itself proves its relevance.

He continues to stand there as he is asserting he is a member of staff, and WH is his place of work, and as he continues to be a paid member of staff pending his appeal, again that proves relevance. He will no longer be able to claim that he is a teacher at WH, will no longer be paid, and WH will no longer be his place of work. His status changes, and he can no longer claim a reason to be there.

Yes it is a charade, but the law has not changed, and he is not being treated differently, the Judge is using their discretion. In all probability, he will be jailed again on Friday.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,612 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Enoch should tell him as such to his face if he wants to regain some sympathy. Or lead him in a morning prayer.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

No doubt, after all, that is what they do, check every recipient in real time to make sure they are available to work momentarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭BK5

If and when he loses his appeal and is no longer under employment, I wonder how many of his "supporters" will be lining up to give him a job?

Not a one I'll bet, different story when it's your own money.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Well we can't have people picking and choosing which laws they will abide by and which they won't and of course preventing the school who have won their case to go about their business. If we did, we'd have a whole lot more Enochs popping up. So if it means he spends his best years behind bars so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Raichų

ah cmon I don’t like these clowns and their “activism” either but let’s be realistic; no one on jobseekers is spending every waking hour (or indeed even 9-5 “office” hours) handing out CV’s.

Being available for and actively seeking work just means you’ll accept a reasonable offer for work if one comes along. It does not for one moment imply you can’t do something else in the meantime. I’m just after accepting an offer myself but for the past 1.5 weeks I was job hunting, submit my applications in the evening and scheduled interviews after a few days whenever I’d hear back.

I wasn’t on JSA but I dare say the DEASP wouldn’t have docked me a days pay because I decided to practice a hobby rather than bang on employers doors and windows for work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

The High Court is on its “long vacation” which runs until the Michaelmas sittings commence on the 7th October. Usually there is a judge available during the vacation to hear matters of sufficient urgency and the weekly bail lists. In addition, this year there is a pilot program trialling the staggering of the vacation however Justice Mark Sanfey is not one of the participants. So unless he is the vacation judge it will be somebody else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

I’m not sure that Dwyer is the type of support that the Burkes will relish. His presence will certainly greatly trouble the school if his “work” as a “citizen journalist” (self accredited) encourages attention and/or participation by any of his usual fan base/audience.

Abridged public domain biography here:

https://m.sundayworld.com/crime/irish-crime/dog-kicker-and-creche-creeper-to-run-for-europe/a1183762889.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Guy is nothing more than attention seeker right now. You made your point long ago, just get on with it and move on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Can he pass vetting now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,641 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

This is a civil matter. Wilson's Hospital got the injunction; the purpose of the injunction is to protect WH and its interests. They're in the driver's seat as regards enforcment; they decide when, and if, to seek enforcement. The guards will no more enforce the injunction in disregard of WH's wishes than they will go around collecting debts owed to you in disregard of your wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BnB

What I don't understand (genuinely, from a legal pov), is that the school got the injunction and looked for it to be enforced previously. Nothing has changed at all since that as he has continuously publicly (and in court) stated that he will ignore the injunction. Why does the school need to go back to court each time to get the same thing enforced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,641 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Because each enforcement is a separate act. They're in control here; they can choose to take enforcement measures or not, as seems most likely to acheive their purpose.

In this case it isn't working out particularly well for them because Burke is insane, basically, but there's really no law than can solve that problem. But in general it works. Most people, at some stage, want to get out of prison, or stop going back, and the way the system is set up mean that, in order to acheive that objective, they need to talk to the other party to the dispute, rather than to the courts or the guards or the government.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Two creeps who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,494 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

They're in control here

In this case it isn't working out particularly well for them because Burke is insane

So they are not really in control. Burke is in reality.

The school again have to pay for a barrister and at least 2 court appearances plus associated costs.

This farce will go on for years to come and will remain an expensive stress headache for the school unless the cretin is criminalised.

No he isn’t, he is about to be returned to prison, where it is possible he will stay until next June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭scottser

Deleted

Advertisement