Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Golfer Modified local rule

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

whs may not stay with us for much longer anyway..Scotland have abandoned i believe , soon to be followed by England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭Russman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭blue note

Scotland have abandoned? I can't find anything online about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭Russman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Any source on that. Nothing jumping out that I can find online or on twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Played with former walker cup selector this morning…

More like the clubs have abandonded it.

Post edited by bakerbhoy on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭golfguy1

how have clubs abandoned it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Most golfers I play with most of the time are nowhere near as good as their WHS HI would suggest. In fact some of my regular partners don't beat their handicaps even once in a season. From being on our handicap committee for a few years now, I know the same is true across the majority of golfers. Most are not keen on getting a HI that would give them a realistic chance of contending for prizes. Most don't realise when they've hit soft or hard cap either. Handicap committee is expected to augment WHS with additional cuts when a golfer moves too quickly downwards WHS so I'm not surprised if competitions committees are stepping in to curtail repeat winners too. Although this appears to be very much aimed at throttling banditry.

Advertisement